If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY STRDN1080 in Stock?

Options
  • 01-12-2020 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Do you have the Sony STRDN1080 in stock or could you recommend another receiver around the £400-£500 mark that I could pair to my Polk in-wall RC65i front, rears and RC60i overhead rears. Using a polk 255c-RT Center too. Connecting to Philips 50pus7304/12 (4k HDR10+) TV. Not sure if any of that makes a difference in recommending a receiver.

Something that will support 5.2.2 as I'm not going to be putting any more holes in my walls or ceiling!

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Do you have the Sony STRDN1080 in stock or could you recommend another receiver around the £400-£500 mark that I could pair to my Polk in-wall RC65i front, rears and RC60i overhead rears. Using a polk 255c-RT Center too. Connecting to Philips 50pus7304/12 (4k HDR10+) TV. Not sure if any of that makes a difference in recommending a receiver.

Something that will support 5.2.2 as I'm not going to be putting any more holes in my walls or ceiling!

Thanks a million.
    Hey Buzzfish.

Thanks for the post.

Nice little setup you already have their.

We are showing these as out of stock on our website.

I do have a few here that have orders against them and we are going to call all the customers now to see if they still require them.
    Give me 30 minutes and I should have an update.

If they are all still sold I will see what deal I can offer you on the Denon 2700 if it would suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Hi Folks,

Thanks a million.
    Hey Buzzfish.

Thanks for the post.

I do have a few here that have orders against them and we are going to call all the customers now to see if they still require them.

If they are all still sold I will see what deal I can offer you on the Denon 2700 if it would suit?
    Sounds great. Looking on another post I see you had a good price on the Denon AVRX2700. If you think this is a better alternative and can price match the other post then might go that way too. I'd like to know the difference though from your perspective, as the experts :-)

Thanks for the quick reply btw!

Also, is it worth noting that my overheads are rear mounted. I believe the Sony may have issue with this, but not sure??

Hi Folks,

Thanks a million.
    Hey Buzzfish.

Thanks for the post.

Sounds great. Looking on another post I see you had a good price on the Denon AVRX2700. If you think this is a better alternative and can price match the other post then might go that way too. I'd like to know the difference though from your perspective, as the experts :-)

Also, is it worth noting that my overheads are rear mounted. I believe the Sony may have issue with this, but not sure??
    Hi BuzzFish.

I can offer the same deal on a 2700 for you if it comes down to it ;)

Both are great AV Receiver and both perform very well.
    Denon add their Heos into theirs which can link up for multi room using their Heos products.

To be honest I haven't heard of the Sony's issue with rear mounted over head speakers.
    By this do you mean you are using wall mounted rear speakers for Atmos?
    Or are they inceiling speakers positioned to the rear of the room?

Hi Folks,

Thanks a million.
    Hey Buzzfish.

Thanks for the post.

Hi BuzzFish.

Denon add their Heos into theirs which can link up for multi room using their Heos products.

To be honest I haven't heard of the Sony's issue with rear mounted over head speakers.
    In ceiling positioned just in front of main couch. I have seen elsewhere that the Sony expects the ceiling mounted speakers to be at the front near the TV. 

Let me know what you think is the best option overall and what pricing you can offer and I'll get in touch.

Thanks again. 

Hi Folks,

Thanks a million.
    Hey Buzzfish.

Thanks for the post.

Hi BuzzFish.

In ceiling positioned just in front of main couch. I have seen elsewhere that the Sony expects the ceiling mounted speakers to be at the front near the TV. 

Let me know what you think is the best option overall and what pricing you can offer and I'll get in touch.

Thanks again. 
    Hey BuzzFish.

That would be the same sort of setup as ourselves here a the store and have never noticed an issue anytime we have demoded the Sony's in teh past.

However if you have any doubt then the 2700 might be he way to go.

• Advertisement

I have gone with the Denon and called it in. Thanks so much. Feels like the right decision :-)
    Really appreciate the feedback and info on the phone too.

I have gone with the Denon and called it in. Thanks so much. Feels like the right decision :-)
    Really appreciate the feedback and info on the phone too.
    Hey BuzzFish.

Thanks for the order :)

You mad a good choice.

It will ship tomorrow and our courier will be in touch regarding delivery.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.