Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amplify signal to distribute saorview

• 01-12-2020 10:38pm

Not sure if such a device exists.

I would like to fix my aerial on the roof, currently facing the wrong way over the wind. I was thinking of either fixing it on the chimney where it is now and run a cable into the attic or install the aerial in the attic itself. What would you recommend. Then I was wondering is there a box that I can install where the current single point in the house is and boost the signal within the house so I can pick up saorview with receivers in the other rooms. The house is well insulated so the rabbits ears don't work. Just wondering can I amplify the signal from the main aerial into the house

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Not sure if such a device exists.

I would like to fix my aerial on the roof, currently facing the wrong way over the wind. I was thinking of either fixing it on the chimney where it is now and run a cable into the attic or install the aerial in the attic itself. What would you recommend. Then I was wondering is there a box that I can install where the current single point in the house is and boost the signal within the house so I can pick up saorview with receivers in the other rooms. The house is well insulated so the rabbits ears don't work. Just wondering can I amplify the signal from the main aerial into the house

It all depends on your location. In dublin generally a well aligned attic aerial has no issue getting a signal from 3 rock, d7/d15 area. I've installed 3 at this stage. One of them I've split to 2 tvs using a passive splitter and it works fine. Any more than 2 tvs you probably need an active splitter / amp.

It all depends on your location. In dublin generally a well aligned attic aerial has no issue getting a signal from 3 rock, d7/d15 area. I've installed 3 at this stage. One of them I've split to 2 tvs using a passive splitter and it works fine. Any more than 2 tvs you probably need an active splitter / amp.

I think i might be ok in the attic. Splitters still require cabling, I was hoping there might be a way to connect into a box and have receivers at the tvs without hard wiring. I haven't seen them so was wondering does such a think even exist

Advertisement