Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW 27/12/20 (An action movie that takes place at Christmas) Signup thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Rikand wrote: »
    giphy.gif

and every time, try to put on the accent! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dont get invited to the christmas party by mistake. Come of your own free will!

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Die hard is not a Christmas movie :)

Unfortunately not in.... but in response to the above

Nakitomi Plaza

as you've never seen it before....

One week to go!

Oh, its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

Nakitomi-Plaza.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Nakitomi Plaza

as you've never seen it before....

One week to go!

Oh, its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

Nakitomi-Plaza.jpg

by the end, i hope we have the whole movie. i dont even need shoes, just a gun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Still space??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Neowise

fixXxer wrote: »
    Still space??

Plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Neowise wrote: »
    Plenty.

I’d like to put a name down for a friend.

He tells everybody his name is Bill Clay but it’s not. Just humour him or he will count to three and lose his sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’d like to put a name down for a friend.

He tells everybody his name is Bill Clay but it’s not. Just humour him or he will count to three and lose his sh*t.

Sounds like a trustworthy guy if Drummer is vouching for him. Give him a gun, Im sure we can trust him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Sounds like a trustworthy guy if Drummer is vouching for him. Give him a gun, Im sure we can trust him.

I feel compelled to mention if you bump in into him make sure you are wearing some sort of shoes.

• Advertisement

Signup list ::

1. Clarabel
    2. Necro
    3. duffman13
    4. Strawberry Milkeshake
    5. Baggly
    6. JohnGreenFan
    7. Ectoplasm
    8. Reberetta
    9. tritium
    10. JP Liz V1
    11. khalessi
    12. beakerjoe
    13. Drumpot
    14. Green&Red
    15. y0ssar1an22
    16. Fixxxer
    17. Bill Clay

Need more people!

Have we anymore Mystery Guests to join the party ?

Need 5, as i fear Bill Clay may have gotten off on the wrong floor :D

https://www.theactivetimes.com/home/n/die-hard-relaxation-hack-actually-brilliant (article from 2018)
    In the opening moments of the classic action movie Die Hard, which turns 30 years old this year, a visibly anxious John McClane (Bruce Willis) gets some sage words of advice from the guy sitting next to him on an airplane: “You want to know the secret to surviving air travel? After you get where you’re going, take off your shoes and your socks, and you walk around on the rug barefoot and make fists with your toes…. Better than a shower and a hot cup of coffee.” Of course, as soon as McClane gets to Nakatomi Plaza, he takes off his shoes and socks, makes fists with his toes… and ends up barefoot for the entire movie, which proves to be quite inconvenient for him.

But were those words of wisdom from his anonymous seatmate, credited as “Businessman” and played by actor Robert Lesser, actually any good?

To find out, we reached out to experts in both Western and Eastern medicine — Dr. Ernest Isaacson, a New York-based podiatrist; and healer and creator of WAMBI (Wisdom through Awareness and Mind Body Integration) Hanson Tse.

“Being barefoot is a great way to feel one’s way around new surroundings, and by removing the protective covering of our shoes it also establishes a level of trust to the new digs, which is comforting, relaxing, and just feels good,” Isaacson told us. “Walking barefoot takes us back to our primordial roots, and allows the many nerve endings on the bottom of the feet to make contact with the ground, thereby establishing a real tactile connection to our new surroundings.”

https://clip.cafe/die-hard-1988/i-dont-know-it/

This is one of my favourite scenes in Die Hard because of one very small detail - the bet exchange between karl and theo.:D

There are so many little details in the movie if you just keep your eye out for them you see something new every time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I will be ****e but I'll play.

Signup list ::

1. Clarabel
    2. Necro
    3. duffman13
    4. Strawberry Milkeshake
    5. Baggly
    6. JohnGreenFan
    7. Ectoplasm
    8. Reberetta
    9. tritium
    10. JP Liz V1
    11. khalessi
    12. beakerjoe
    13. Drumpot
    14. Green&Red
    15. y0ssar1an22
    16. Fixxxer
    17. Kathleen Grant

Need 4 more people!

Do we need indepth knowledge of the film. Should i look at it before Sat?

Do we need indepth knowledge of the film. Should i look at it before Sat?

Im sure basic knowledge would be fine. Most games can be plsyed with no knowledge, but knowing the film can make it more fun.

Thst said, everyone has knowledge of Die Hard right?

If not, I urge you to watch it whether you play the game or not. Its a classic.

Welcome aboard KG.

Or to put it another way ....

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bxrv6xqbkqt8kdynnzmspm8132hp5sl5ebqvpmtts&rid=giphy.gif

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im sure basic knowledge would be fine. Most games can be plsyed with no knowledge, but knowing the film can make it more fun.

Thst said, everyone has knowledge of Die Hard right?

If not, I urge you to watch it whether you play the game or not. Its a classic.

Welcome aboard KG.

Or to put it another way ....

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bxrv6xqbkqt8kdynnzmspm8132hp5sl5ebqvpmtts&rid=giphy.gif

Have seen it a few times. Every other year or so

In depth definitely not needed - It's a fairly standard game of werewolf with some creative license on my part.

i never actually gave any thought as to whether i was doing this anon or non-anon, so I'll PM everyone and ask each person if they want an anon account or just to use their main account. I know some people would fancy their survivability better as anon and some people just prefer the convenience of posting on their own account :)

• Advertisement

Im easy either way

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

As always Rikand, whichever suits youse best as mods is A-Ok with me

Okay, no more signups which leave us with 17 which is actually absolutely fine with regard to role balance and i have not had to savage my premise too much.

Some other stuff has sadly been left on the cutting room floor, mostly down to me just not being able to implement it the way i wanted to but we'll maybe revisit it for Die Hard 2 next year lol :D

Still waiting to hear back from a couple of people, so role PMs wont issue until the morning :)

Give me something easy so i don't **** it up for everyone. Also what time are we talking about?

Game wont start until the early evening at the earliest ( i have to drop my kids down to the inlaws for a sleepover and i wont have time between now and then to get thread up and running)

No hurry. Being lazy here today anyway. So lazy i wouldn't get up to get the sweets.

Game wont start until the early evening at the earliest ( i have to drop my kids down to the inlaws for a sleepover and i wont have time between now and then to get thread up and running)

Cant wait. Good luck Rikkie, the effort you go to is always appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Neowise

Sub needed for Die hard werewolf if anyone available :)

• Advertisement

Sub found, thank you :)

Advertisement