Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for BER Assessor

Options
  • 02-12-2020 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys just looking for a BER Assessor By PM in the Tipperary North /Limerick Area .House Built in 2007 looking to upgrade energy as it takes a fair bit of energy to heat in winter. I want to get a report on what is the best way to spend my Euro's ,rather than guessing .
    Also are there good BER companys that offer a full service that includes the whole package as in if there are cold bridges that need to be sorted they will have /recommend professionals, builders that fully understand what needs to be done.

Or what type of professional/s do i require to complete A complete building energy upgrade to My existing house .I feel there are a lot cold bridges as it isnt a square bunglow but a T dormer story with velux windows.

Sorry for rambling on but Im afraid of hiring professionals that leave me cold and broke ....Thanks in advance

House 2500 Sq ft
    oil central heating raditors 3 zone
    fire insert sitting Room
    wood pellets stove in Kitchen/dining area (high ceiling)
    Regards Redoak

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Having had BER assessments done (for the purpose of house selling), I don't think that's who you need. The BER calculations seem to essentially say "there's x square meters of floor space to y square meters of double glazed windows, with attic insulation and the house is made of matchsticks, here's your BER letter".

I'd say you probably want an engineer who does thermal imaging and air tightness testing. The thermal imaging in particular will help pin point where the cold bridges are. You might need a builder/insulation expert to carry out the remedial works then.

Advertisement