Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

its not all festive and cheer

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    It can be a very painful time of the year for me, incredible loneliness and sadness

You're not alone wanderer, i think the build up is worse, for me anyway.
    Funnily enough once stephens day comes i usually feel better than i had in weeks, i immediately start looking forward to spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭boardlady

Growing up myself, we had been told from very young that the real 'Santa claus' had died a very long time ago - the story of St Nicholas was told to us, and after that, we just enjoyed the magical elements of christmas without any of the stress of whether it was actually real or not. I knew that our parents gave us the presents - and so they go the credit - and also, we never had to listen to threats of 'santa won't come' from them. I similar with my own kids and it worked out beautifully. I always said I would not lie to them so as they asked was Santa real, and I explained that he was not, relief was the only emotion on their faces! In our house, it is time spent together, at home - but not working. And as an extended family, we spend time together. Time which normally centres around work and work-related talk. It is a very restorative fortnight and I love it for that. Also, I love the lights and the sense of nostalgia. It reminds me of christmases gone and of what I would like for christmas future, which will surely be different before too long as family pass on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

It is a time of giving ... giving out. :pac:

Advertisement