If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar for Pioneer Plasma

Options
  • 02-12-2020 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm still running a 2007 Kuro Plasma. Was tempted to change this year but the picture quality is still top notch and ill await the HDMI 2.1 mess to sort it's self out next year. It's hard to believe Sony have so many TVs without it.... Anyway i am looking at spending approx €350-400 on a soundbar and one with at least 1 or 2 HDMI inputs. Really need the inputs as the pioneer cannot send back to sound bar via optical (some mad restriction they imposed at the time) Will look at new console for kids in 2021.

I have a fire stick and Roku connected to TV so ill need to connect these to the soundbar for sound on Netflix/Prime etc. any ideas. 

eARC and alexa integration would be nice. 

I was looking at YAS 209 (arc only i believe)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Just on the number of inputs i wouldnt limit yourself on that basis alone . I am in a similar situation to yourself where i have an older good quality TV with limited HDMI connections. 

I recently got a sony 3.1 sound bar with one input / output HDMI and an optical. I have utilised a HDMI splitter and hooked up multiple inputs to that and then fed the signal from that to the soundbar and onwards to the TV and it works perfectly picks up all the various Dolby and DTS audio when available. 

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

Just on the number of inputs i wouldnt limit yourself on that basis alone . I am in a similar situation to yourself where i have an older good quality TV with limited HDMI connections. 

I recently got a sony 3.1 sound bar with one input / output HDMI and an optical. I have utilised a HDMI splitter and hooked up multiple inputs to that and then fed the signal from that to the soundbar and onwards to the TV and it works perfectly picks up all the various Dolby and DTS audio when available. 
    Thanks for that. good idea. the Samsung Q70T looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

trabpc wrote: »
    Thanks for that. good idea. the Samsung Q70T looks good

There are so many variations on the soundbars out there that each situation will benefit from . Having clearer vocals and dialog was high on the list for me so a 3.1 setup helps that as the central speaker is usually tuned to pick up the dialogue better. The subwoofer in my setup also doesn't need side clearance to breathe so it fits a little corner I had perfectly .

Plenty of reviews and guidance online but alot of it is down to price ranges . Don't pay too much heed to any claims of virtual surround it's fairly limited on most and will never replicate a 5.1 experience

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi, I'm still running a 2007 Kuro Plasma. Was tempted to change this year but the picture quality is still top notch and ill await the HDMI 2.1 mess to sort it's self out next year. It's hard to believe Sony have so many TVs without it.... Anyway i am looking at spending approx €350-400 on a soundbar and one with at least 1 or 2 HDMI inputs. Really need the inputs as the pioneer cannot send back to sound bar via optical (some mad restriction they imposed at the time) Will look at new console for kids in 2021.

I have a fire stick and Roku connected to TV so ill need to connect these to the soundbar for sound on Netflix/Prime etc. any ideas. 

Thanks
    Hi Trabpc.

I have my Kuro in my bed room now and its still going strong.

I only switched 3 years ago from it to a LG OLED's as it was the first to compete and rival the Black levels and contrast.

Yeah the YAS207 is only ARC but also out of stock at the minute.

First soundbar up with eARC would be the LG SL8YG priced at 499 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204267-lg-sl8yg-3-1-2-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-google-assistant.aspx
    I'm sure you already know that ARC and eARC will not work with the Pioneer but will future proof you for when you change TV.

Let me know your thought.

Thanks
    Hi Trabpc.

I only switched 3 years ago from it to a LG OLED's as it was the first to compete and rival the Black levels and contrast.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204267-lg-sl8yg-3-1-2-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-google-assistant.aspx
    I'm sure you already know that ARC and eARC will not work with the Pioneer but will future proof you for when you change TV.

yep aware the pioneer won't work arc or eARC but as you said just future proofing. anything on a Samsung with eARC in stock?

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Hi Trabpc.

yep aware the pioneer won't work arc or eARC but as you said just future proofing. anything on a Samsung with eARC in stock?
    Hey Trabpc.

In Samsung at the minute 

There is also the WQ60T priced at 399 Euro (Stock is super tight)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204669-samsung-hwq60t-5-1ch-cinematic-soundbar-with-virtual-dts-x-object-sound.aspx

Followed by the WQ70T Atmos priced at 579 Euro (Currently out of stock).
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204680-samsung-hwq70t-3-1-2ch-cinematic-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x.aspx

Many thanks. let me know if the q70T comes back into stock before Friday?

ill be out sat having a look and see if i can get one local.

Thanks again.

Many thanks. let me know if the q70T comes back into stock before Friday?

ill be out sat having a look and see if i can get one local.

Thanks again.
    No problem at all Trabpc.

Not that I want to lose the sale but if you do see one locally snap it up as stock levels I'm sure are the same across the whole industry :)

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything at my end.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.