Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal separation costs

Options
  • 02-12-2020 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Help and advice please.

I'm stuck, renting. Was on housing list with husband.

Council want legal separation to put me and child on it, on our own.

I am working but between rent and childcare I cannot afford a solicitor, nearly had a heart attack at costs.

No way will he agree to mediation and waiting lists are crazy.

House is terrible and cannot find another affordable rental within commuting distance from school and work.

Is the mediation agreement good enough for council or will I just have to bite the bullet and get a loan to cover solicitor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

Help and advice please.

I'm stuck, renting. Was on housing list with husband.

Council want legal separation to put me and child on it, on our own.

I am working but between rent and childcare I cannot afford a solicitor, nearly had a heart attack at costs.

No way will he agree to mediation and waiting lists are crazy.

House is terrible and cannot find another affordable rental within commuting distance from school and work.

Is the mediation agreement good enough for council or will I just have to bite the bullet and get a loan to cover solicitor

You might qualify for legal aid, check that out first

Advertisement