Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage protection for small sensor light?

Options
  • 02-12-2020 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I have a sensor light on my shed that's been lucky to survive not being broken by a football so far.

Can I get some cage protection to put up around it or any recommendations?

JU2MKo.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Search google for an 'Anti vandal cage', plenty of options out there...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/weather-Vandal-camera-Guard-medium/dp/B074KFBSHN

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭boardtc

Great, thanks, all about the terminology!
    I found a lad on eBay who does custom sizes: https://www.ebay.ie/usr/customweldmesh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

your local heat mechants will have a wall mounted cage for covering the exaust from a burner

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭boardtc

@the_pen_turner. I rang heat merchants but they said they come with condenser boilers now and they have no spares.

eBay bespoke one came in at £35 + using DPD Wizard to mail here. Expensive, but cheaper than a new light if broken by a football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Now if you just happened to find an abandoned supermarket shopping basket ;)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

boardtc wrote: »
    @the_pen_turner. I rang heat merchants but they said they come with condenser boilers now and they have no spares.

eBay bespoke one came in at £35 + using DPD Wizard to mail here. Expensive, but cheaper than a new light if broken by a football.

thats crazy . its probably on of the easiest parts to get damaged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

boardtc wrote: »

Don't be insane! :eek: I have some left over, heavy duty one inch mesh here. I'm pretty sure ye could sort something out with it, using cable ties ~ like I do. Or, if ye can tack weld? Home and dry!

Drop me a PM, if ye'd like it. Give me the measurements ye looking at and we'll see if I can match ye needs.

Won't cost ye a cent.

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Drewgerger

Put spikes around it

Advertisement