Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New slatted shed

• 02-12-2020 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi folks

Just after taking over the home farm. I’m planning to put up a 4 bay slatted shed with creep area the new year.(planning permission got, just waiting on grant confirmation) I’m in the North Offaly area. I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on people to do the tank/concrete work or shed. There seems to be plenty of companies putting up sheds but can’t find many doing tanks/concrete work.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Ask a few local farmers that might have had building work done recently who they would recommend. There are all sorts out there - some do a half job and others will have a better reputation. You can’t beat a bit of local knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Cionn80 wrote: »
    Hi folks

Just after taking over the home farm. I’m planning to put up a 4 bay slatted shed with creep area the new year.(planning permission got, just waiting on grant confirmation) I’m in the North Offaly area. I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on people to do the tank/concrete work or shed. There seems to be plenty of companies putting up sheds but can’t find many doing tanks/concrete work.

Thanks in advance

Mc mahons in Kilbeggan are doing a lot of sheds etc now

They built this one in Kilmurray near Tullamore, don't know if there's a Paywall on this.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/watch-capacity-takes-centre-stage-in-six-bay-suckler-shed-410498

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭DBK1

Hi folks

Thanks in advance
    F-Con construction near Edenderry doing very good work as well and they do the full job from digging to having the shed ready for the cattle to walk in. They done a grant shed and tank for a friend of mine a few years back and it’s top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cionn80

Didn’t score high enough in tranche 19 to qualify for grant. I know that you automatically carry over to tranche 20 but does it mean that you are more likely qualify next time round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Tileman

Didn’t score high enough in tranche 19 to qualify for grant. I know that you automatically carry over to tranche 20 but does it mean that you are more likely qualify next time round

Unfortunately not. It depends on how much money the government put to this scheme. Not sure if they have given confirmation of new tranche or is the money to cover existing applicants.

If there is a new tranche. Ring Glas section in Wexford. Ask them for your score —and how much you were short of. you could withdraw your application and resubmit with lower costs. Every 1% lower give you 5 points.

I had to do that for my application. Hard to justify putting up a shed without the 60% back.

• Advertisement

There is a tranche 20 closing date 15th Jan. Cut off for tranche 19 was 57.93. I had 54.20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Tileman

There is a tranche 20 closing date 15th Jan. Cut off for tranche 19 was 57.93. I had 54.20

Well if you resubmitted and reduced costs by 1% you should get it.

I crossed the “40” threshold since original application, so would reapplying rule me out for 60% grant

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MasFer

I crossed the “40” threshold since original application, so would reapplying rule me out for 60% grant

I had a similar situation with my tams grant. There was a small issue with my application which only came to light when dept started to look at it. Application was rejected and would need to resubmit. At this stage I was over age. I eventually got someone to talk to in the tams office in Johnston. Solution was I submit a new application and it would be linked to original application. So me been over age now, wouldn't be an issue. Application was eventually approved, have my shed built and 60% grant got. I suggest you get some ag advisor to help here, be a pity to lose out on the 60%

Advertisement