Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG tv and Teletext

• 02-12-2020 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to help out an older neighbour who's tv packed in.
    I got him a https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-49UN7300PUB
    which he is happy with.
    He asked me about the availability Irish / UK telext and I told him id find out.
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

How is he receiving the Irish and UK channels, aerial, satellite?

Pressing the teletext button on the remote should display Aertel. As regards the UK channels, do they come in via aerial or satellite dish to a separate set top box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

The Cush wrote: »
    How is he receiving the Irish and UK channels, aerial, satellite?

Pressing the teletext button on the remote should display Aertel. As regards the UK channels, do they come in via aerial or satellite dish to a separate set top box?

Yes he has an aerial for the Irish channels and a dish for the UK channels. I just wasn't sure if Aertel is still a thing.
    For the moment I just connected his old combi box to the new tv as he is used to it.
    I had a good look at the new tv remote yet I could not find a teletext button on it. If I was confident I could get Aertel on new tv I would connect aerial to it and tune in Saorview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Screenshot-20201202-203752.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

If you press the button with the 3 dots on it (under number 9) you get extra options on screen. One of them should be for Teletext.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Yes he has an aerial for the Irish channels and a dish for the UK channels. I just wasn't sure if Aertel is still a thing.
    For the moment I just connected his old combi box to the new tv as he is used to it.
    I had a good look at the new tv remote yet I could not find a teletext button on it. If I was confident I could get Aertel on new tv I would connect aerial to it and tune in Saorview.
    The only button that I can see that might access text would be the LIST button. That info should be in the manual in any case.

Just to be sure, was the TV setup with Ireland as the country/region on initial setup?

As regards the UK channels you require a Freesat or similar receiver to access the BBC service, it's not carried in the channel stream as it was in analogue days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Is there text on the lg cx series

Advertisement