Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Pat Patterson - 1941-2020

Options
  • 02-12-2020 3:00pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just seeing breaking news that Pat Patterson has died of cancer at the age of 79. RIP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just seeing breaking news that Pat Patterson has died of cancer at the age of 79. RIP.

RIP Pat. Him and Briscoe gave me a lot of laughs when I was a young lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ahh no terrible news always liked watching pat on screen

and he was one of the major factors in my love of wrestling starting as a kid with creation of the rumble and writing tv with vince

RIP Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Damn you 2020, one of the greatest personalities in pro wrestling. First ever IC champion with an outstanding in ring career. Was he not still working with wwe up until recently

Rip Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 86,708 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Huge name gone in Pat.

He's been credited with being the mind behind the Royal Rumble concept, and he was probably a better match agent than he was in ring competitor. First ever IC champ. A true legend.

RIP Pat

• Advertisement

Used to piss me off no end watching himself and Briscoe waddling down the ramp.

Thanks for the memories, Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Going by his peers, Pat was one of the best producers/wrestling minds ever. Bret, Taker, Austin, Savage, Steamboat..... all spoke very highly of him as a creative producer and as a human.

Sad day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Feel this deserves its own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sad to hear about this. He was one of the best minds in wrestling and not afraid to poke fun at himself as one of Vince's stooges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ah no, sorry to hear this. You were a legend Pat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That is the one thing you can never fault the WWE on those tribute videos are always top draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

RIP Pat. Never seen many of his matches from his prime but I loved him as one of the stooges. One of my earliest memories of watching Raw Is War in 1999 was when himself and Brisco were disguised as armoured security guards along with HBK who was commissioner at the time. Its stuck in my mind for some reason over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Even though it was before most of our times as they say. I can not recommend pat Patterson vs sgt slaughter alley fight from 1981. It’s on YouTube and it’s a great match.

Advertisement