Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Anyone watching this game? Looks like Crusaders didn't read the script!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,486 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Caranica wrote: »
    Anyone watching this game? Looks like Crusaders didn't read the script!

Highlanders have been excellent.

For all my complaints about mitch hunt hrs been the best 10 on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

I'm a Will Jordan fan but he has made quite a few errors. Hunt has been great as mentioned.

After the last game against the hurricanes, this performance has been world's apart

That's fcuking brilliant

• Advertisement

Incredible result, to beat Crusaders in Christchurch in itself is awesome but by 21 is mind blowing. Highlanders owned that game and made the superstars in the Crusaders team look very ordinary. Would not have predicted Mitch Hunt would overshadow Mo'unga like that.

Switched out some Highlanders in my fantasy team to bring the Crusaders players back in, really shouldn't have bothered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Great win there syd. Crusaders were flat but highlanders were great. Fakatava is going to motor into the ABs squad and de groot the prop looks promising.

This game reminds me why it’s annoying the Leinster game cancelled. You can’t just assume Toulon would have folded.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Great win there syd. Crusaders were flat but highlanders were great. Fakatava is going to motor into the ABs squad and de groot the prop looks promising.

This game reminds me why it’s annoying the Leinster game cancelled. You can’t just assume Toulon would have folded.

Thanks swiwi, it was just one of those days for your lads... And our guys had a serious chip on their shoulders.

If only mitch hunt can churn out those performances each week

Blues very poor so far this morning.... Can't catch or throw a pass!

Canes spent 20 mins of that half a man down yet only losing by 1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Blues very poor so far this morning.... Can't catch or throw a pass!

Canes spent 20 mins of that half a man down yet only losing by 1

Canes getting ridden by the ref too. Think they'll end up winning this.

• Advertisement

fitz wrote: »
    Canes getting ridden by the ref too. Think they'll end up winning this.

Apart from the karifi scoop I can't think of anything obvious. The penalty try was a penalty try... Even if you argue savea was through the middle (which I don't think he was)... There was about 3 infringements before that as well

Apart from the karifi scoop I can't think of anything obvious. The penalty try was a penalty try... Even if you argue savea was through the middle (which I don't think he was)... There was about 3 infringements before that as well

Thought the first yellow was well harsh, given there were two high tackles in the lead up from the Blues - Canes even had advantage four it at the time. I thought Savea was through the middle, and thought the carrier went to ground himself.

Anyway, I reckon Canes have this...

fitz wrote: »
    Anyway, I reckon Canes have this...

Might have spoken too soon.
    Looks like Blues have woken up.

Canes are very blunt in attack... I wonder does Jordie Barretts big boot actually hinder then sometimes

Not a classic. The Blues bench made the difference. Akira Ioane is something special. Still waiting for a Caleb Clarke flash of brilliance.

Clarke and Sotutu are having second season blues. Papalii putting his hand up for the vacant AB 7 jersey.

Reds absolutely taking Rebels apart. 24 points up after 18 minutes. This is going to get embarrassing.

Folau Fakatava is out for the season, did his ACL on Friday. Big loss for Highlanders, he's been having a great championship.

Sshhhhhhiiiiittttttteeeeee

• Advertisement

No mention of broadcasters. Hoping Sky will pull the finger out. RugbyPass has been excellent for Super Rugby Aotearoa but I really resent having to pay another subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Caranica wrote: »
    Folau Fakatava is out for the season, did his ACL on Friday. Big loss for Highlanders, he's been having a great championship.

That’s disappointing. Most promising nz halfback since, well, Aaron smith.

(Scrumhalf for our NH viewers)

Gutted for Fakatava, unlikely he will play again this year.

Frizzell signs to the Highlanders till 2023

Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ruben Love starting for the hurricanes against the crusaders, I'm surprised they didn't put him at FB and move Jordie to OH

Ruben Love starting for the hurricanes against the crusaders, I'm surprised they didn't put him at FB and move Jordie to OH

Love has a bit of hype about him, presumably he is a more natural 10 and Jordie has been going very well at 15. Pleased they are giving Love a chance, probably the only 10 on their roster with a potential future at a higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

hahashake wrote: »
    Love has a bit of hype about him, presumably he is a more natural 10 and Jordie has been going very well at 15. Pleased they are giving Love a chance, probably the only 10 on their roster with a potential future at a higher level.

Think Holland said his best position was 15, played there most of the time in school but he has the talent to probably play both, bit like Beauden.

Think Holland said his best position was 15, played there most of the time in school but he has the talent to probably play both, bit like Beauden.

Must be down to not fixing what ain't broke then i.e. Jordie at 15.

Golden point winner in ET for the Chiefs in Dunedin. Ioane shanked a DG in a great position. Entertaining game.

• Advertisement

hahashake wrote: »
    Golden point winner in ET for the Chiefs in Dunedin. Ioane shanked a DG in a great position. Entertaining game.

Entertaining but I thought the quality was a bit poor.

Both hunt and Dmak left loads of points out there... And there was so many turn overs the game neither team could settle into their patterns

Advertisement