Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2021

Options

Comments

Caranica wrote: »
    Gutted for Robinson though. Hard to believe he doesn't have Irish heritage with that glorious red hair either.

Really hope Blues can do it, as a Munster supporter I see many parallels, but really need some silverware :D

The only parallel between the Blues and Munster is that they have been underperforming for way too long. That's where the comparison begins and ends.

The Blues are the equivalent of Leinster here, and the rest of the country has no problem seeing them underperform. I thought Yeah_Right was an OK guy until I discovered he was from Blues territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Basil3 wrote: »
    The only parallel between the Blues and Munster is that they have been underperforming for way too long. That's where the comparison begins and ends.

The Blues are the equivalent of Leinster here, and the rest of the country has no problem seeing them underperform. I thought Yeah_Right was an OK guy until I discovered he was from Blues territory.

How are the Blues the equivalent of Leinster when Crusaders are the ones with the overflowing trophy cabinet?

How are the Blues the equivalent of Leinster when Crusaders are the ones with the overflowing trophy cabinet?

Not so much talking from a rugby perspective, just in general terms.

Not so much talking from a rugby perspective, just in general terms.

Can you give me some examples? They're not bringing youth through in the the numbers anywhere near Leinster, much more like Munster where it's a few each season.

Can you give me some examples? They're not bringing youth through in the the numbers anywhere near Leinster, much more like Munster where it's a few each season.

It was only a tongue-in-cheek comment, I didn't expect to have to explain it :p

Just trust me on this, Munster are nothing like the Blues. The regions they represent and how they're viewed within their respective countries couldn't be any more different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Yep - it's Ash Dixon's and Aaron Smith's year! Shame that Fakatava is injured.

I thought Aaron Smith had signed through to the 2023 RWC.

You're just jealous that you ain't from Auckland. What sheep molesting town in NZ are you from? ðŸ˜

I'll try to help explain to the other poster why you are right comparing the Blues to Leinster. Auckland is the biggest city in NZ by a long way. Probably a third of the country lives in the Blues region. The whole country hates Auckland (though most of them want to move there) much like the irish and Dublin.

Yes the Blues have been poor in the last 20 odd years but traditionally the region has been a powerhouse below Super Rugby level. Auckland schools are a production line that puts Leinster to shame. The problem in recent years is that too much of that talent has been poached by the scum from south of the Bombays or over the ditch.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,485 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

^
    The dying wailing of a poor munster blues fan

Tomorrow morning your going to see that history only weights on the shoulders of the meek. The blues will never again be the era of spenser and howlett and rupeni and rokocoko and muliaiani and gear... Powered by the woodcock and mealamu and williams..... Overseen by the great Henry.

The ioane and sotutu and tipolotu look at those names that came before and know that that can't reignite that flame, can't regain that crown of invincibility.

No such pressure lies on the Highlanders, sure we're just glad to be here.
    Sure elliot Dixon could never power his way over against that Canes defense. Sure the landers are here for the fun and occasion and will make a grand day off it..... Sure its only a back stop comp that no one cares about...

Whatever you lot say, this Munster supporter only supports one Blue team and it's of the Auckland variety!! Had a soft spot for Highlanders when Jack Regan was there but now Blues all the way!!

Best of luck YR!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I have no idea what separates that tackle from the many red cards that we have seen over the past few years.

Can't afford yellow cards like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭rje66

What channel is this on?? Thanks

rje66 wrote: »
    What channel is this on?? Thanks

Only online on Rugbypass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

One point game - going to be a great last ten minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Jesus! :eek:

Great turnover, but .......................... :mad:

BLUES!!!!!!!! It's one of these times I wish we could use proper emojis on here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Monkey is off the back now.

I told y'all that this was our year!!

Just watched the replay. Very happy. Not a great game but fairly typical of a final. The Blues deserved it. Definitely the better team but those Highlanders are just so annoying and wouldn't go away.

I know it's not a real competition but a trophy is a trophy. Hopefully it will give them the confidence to push on and get that Crusader monkey off their back next year.

• Advertisement

Just realised that Highlanders Japanese number 8, Himeno did their haka at the beginning of the match. Fair play to him. Wonder if Jack Regan learnt it before he left.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Just realised that Highlanders Japanese number 8, Himeno did their haka at the beginning of the match. Fair play to him. Wonder if Jack Regan learnt it before he left.

Regan did it before the highlanders crusaders game back in Feb

congrats by the way, great to see the blues back with silverware. hopefully they are now a genuine competitor to the crusaders going forward.

Our guys arent as good as they were in 2015 and that showed towards the end of the game. Smith cant do it all himself. we need some decent level signings to compete in the future

Himeno leaving is a big blow to Highlanders. Not sure how Collins makes this article, that's been known for months at this stage. Then again it's RugbyPass!

https://amp.rugbypass.com/news/highlanders-confirm-departure-of-international-star-and-three-other-stalwarts/?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So Caleb Clarke has only made the Tokyo 7s squad as one of the travelling reserves, isn't in the main squad of 12.

Big gamble looks like it hasn't totally played off, given the season he was having before he left, but fair play to him for trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Gotta feel for them Tongan lads 19-0 after 6 minuites, gonna be a long night for these lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

This is an absolute farce! I heard tonga had to draft in players from amateur teams, these lads are not up for this. This game should not have been played, terrible for the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Gotta feel for them Tongan lads 19-0 after 6 minuites, gonna be a long night for these lads.

Looks like there will be no live TV coverage on these islands of SH internationals bar Lions tour. It's a pity as Australia play France this coming week as well as NZ matches against Tonga and Fiji.

Looks like there will be no live TV coverage on these islands of SH internationals bar Lions tour. It's a pity as Australia play France this coming week as well as NZ matches against Tonga and Fiji.

RugbyPass have them

Oz v France series on sky afaik

• Advertisement

This is an absolute farce! I heard tonga had to draft in players from amateur teams, these lads are not up for this. This game should not have been played, terrible for the sport.

Yeah it's pretty **** for the islands. Unfortunately their best players based in Europe couldn't travel for the matches so they had to resort to calling on amateurs playing in NZ. In fairness it's not the first time the ABs have put 100 points on Tonga.

Advertisement