Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Narekis stats today included:

4 clean breaks
    9 defenders beaten
    1 try assist
    195 meters run
    3 trys scored

Not a bad day at the office

My fantasy team captain :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,485 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

My fantasy team captain :D

nice one :)
    i had the wrong highlanders winger in CGB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Crusaders' return for a yellow card advantage is phenomenal. Worth waking up for!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Super Rugby 2022 likely to be a return to a 12 team round robin format with the addition of a Moana Pasifika and a Fiji-based team.

Couldn’t be happier to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Super Rugby 2022 likely to be a return to a 12 team round robin format with the addition of a Moana Pasifika and a Fiji-based team.

Couldn’t be happier to be honest.

Great news, you just have to hope that SANZAAR have put in place enough measures to keep the PIRA unions under control in terms of where any money goes and that players aren't exploited.

• Advertisement

Great news, you just have to hope that SANZAAR have put in place enough measures to keep the PIRA unions under control in terms of where any money goes and that players aren't exploited.

Wait and see if it’s tongans and samoans...or kiwis with pacific heritage. I’d say NZRFU will financially control those 2 clubs, effectively to avoid fraud.

No travel burden, no South African politics, no southern kings, plenty of pacific style flair rugby. Should be an easy sell.

fantastic news.

really could be a massive game changer for the status quo of world rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

sydthebeat wrote: »
    fantastic news.

really could be a massive game changer for the status quo of world rugby

Will be there be an Argentinian team? If not where does that leave the Argentinians? Out in the cold?

Will be there be an Argentinian team? If not where does that leave the Argentinians? Out in the cold?

Looking to America I'd imagine.

USA has a professional league, Argentina itself does not

Crusaders:
    1. George Bower 2. Codie Taylor (VC) 3. Michael Alaalatoa 4. Scott Barrett (C) 5. Samuel Whitelock 6. Sione Havili Talitui 7. Tom Christie 8. Cullen Grace
    9. Mitchell Drummond 10. Richie Mo'unga 11. Leicester Fainga’anuku 12. David Havili (VC) 13. Jack Goodhue 14. Sevu Reece 15. Will Jordan

Reserves: Brodie McAlister, Joe Moody, Fletcher Newell, Mitchell Dunshea, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Bryn Hall, Fergus Burke, Dallas McLeod

Chiefs:
    1. Reuben O’Neill 2. Samisoni Taukei’aho 3. Angus Ta’avao 4. Tupou Vaa’i 5. Josh Lord 6. Mitchell Brown 7. Sam Cane (cc) 8. Luke Jacobson
    9. Brad Weber (cc) 10. Bryn Gatland 11. Etene Nanai-Seturo 12. Quinn Tupaea 13. Sean Wainui 14. Shaun Stevenson 15. Damian McKenzie

Reserves: Bradley Slater, Aidan Ross, Sione Mafileo, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Kaylum Boshier, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Anton Lienert-Brown, Chase Tiatia

• Advertisement

Benching ALB might be a huge mistake.
    I don't Wainui is a very good defender and he could be destroyed destroyed against that crusaders midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That is some team the Crusaders are putting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Regan drops out of the 23 for the Highlanders but I wouldn't read too much into it as there has been a fair amount of rotation over the past few weeks.

Also Himeno is playing for the development side so expect to see him in the main side soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭PMC83

Western Force really not looking great unfortunately. On field decisions not great from some players but they don't look well coached at all.

That was a nice try though.

hahashake wrote: »
    That was a nice try though.

Was a peach. But they cant play a tight game at all it seems. Coughed up ball on the line a bunch of times. People bag the PRO 14 but Super Rugby Oz isnt up to too much based off some of the matches so far!

I don't disagree but Force v Rebels is bottom of the barrel. Although despite everything I enjoyed it somewhat.

hahashake wrote: »
    I don't disagree but Force v Rebels is bottom of the barrel. Although despite everything I enjoyed it somewhat.

Yeah, you'd be pretty heart broken for the Force. They have a decent enough squad, need to sort it out!

Eloff is a ridiculous strong loose head

Blues:
    1. Karl Tu’inukuafe 2. Luteru Tolai 3. Ofa Tuungafasi 4. Patrick Tuipulotu © 5. Sam Darry 6. Akira Ioane 7. Dalton Papalii 8. Hoskins Sotutu
    9. Jonathan Ruru 10. Otere Black 11. Caleb Clarke 12. Harry Plummer 13. Rieko Ioane 14. Mark Telea 15. Stephen Perofeta

Reserves: 16. Kurt Eklund 17. James Lay 18. Nepo Laulala 19. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti 20. Tom Robinson 21. Sam Nock 22. Tanielu Tele’a 23. Emoni Narawa

Speight’s Highlanders:
    1. Ethan De Groot 2. Liam Coltman 3. Siate Tokolahi 4. Josh Dickson 5. Manaaki Selby-Rickit 6. Shannon Frizell 7. James Lentjes 8. Hugh Renton
    9. Aaron Smith (cc) 10. Josh Ioane 11. Jona Nareki 12. Patelesio Tomkinson 13. Michael Collins 14. Ngatungane Punivai 15. Connor Garden-Bachop

Reserves: 16. Ash Dixon (cc) 17. Josh Hohneck 18. Jeff Thwaites 19. Bryn Evans 20. Marino Mikaele-Tu’u 21. Folau Fakatava 22. Mitch Hunt 23. Billy Harmon

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to that one on Sunday even if it does mean a 3.30am alarm!! I just can't watch a recorded game if there's been a chance to watch it live

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Syd is going to be crying into his morning cereal on Sunday after the mighty Blues humiliate his Highlanders.

Blues sticking to the tactic of starting 3 out halves i see :D

ah YR your boys will win, or at least should win if they want to be in some way pretenders to the crusaders throne.

if the blues fail again this season surely its curtains for mcDonald ??

Don't think anyone expected this one to be so close at halftime.

Not a fan of the new law when the ball is held up in goal. Losing possession penalises the team going forward, contrary to almost every other law.

Andrew Goodman is the Crusaders assistant. Was he not a Leinster player for a bit there??

Andrew Goodman is the Crusaders assistant. Was he not a Leinster player for a bit there??

He was.

Jeez that crusaders scrum is some weapon.

At least now the Highlanders have one unwanted record off our backs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

He was and played well for us too.

Fantastic finish to the brumbies reds game

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

Some finish to the Reds/Brumbies game. Glad I got out of bed for it...

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Don't think anyone expected this one to be so close at halftime.

Chiefs were up 20-11 at half time against the Highlanders. Don't know if it's fitness, mentality or lack of depth but they can't seem to go the 80. Crusaders are a much better team but the Chiefs have to wonder why they are falling apart in the second half. How about the finish from Leicester Fainganuku though?!

Red v Brumbies was great entertainment.

Advertisement