Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - Country Special for 2020

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Only the 72 millions views on YouTube...

Best Christmas song ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Please people, remember there is a difference between blaming the difficulties that these people are experiencing on
    a) the COVID virus
    and
    b) the Government's actions of closing down the whole economy in the light of a virus that threatens only those who are over 60 (and mostly not working anyway).

What is your particular area of expertise that qualifies you to say this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I'm no Irish country and western fan ( yet there is always a song, here/there , that would have us all tapping a finger or foot),still....

I've watched the Toy Show on play-back, and toy's/Xmas songs seem in short supply.

I was of the opinion in myself that if country music was in short supply last night ,it would not bother me in the slightest.

Then I looked at the O.H.!

The other half loves Irish country and western! Jeez , have you ever felt let down for another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Local radio in Galway loads of people texting in about the so called country special , angry at the lack of songs the over the top interview with Dolly and she did not sing, Daniel always on lots of fine Country singers not on. I could go on never heard that before on local radio about the Late Late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Nathan Carter is neither Irish, or Country music.

Heresy! Then again maybe you are a little jealous, Daniel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I have an image of Una being pinned up against the wall of the Green Room after last night’s show by a crowbar-weilding Philomena and the other Country veterans...

“THINK YOU COULD JUST MOSEY ONTO OUR TURF?”

On Ryan’s radio show on Monday morning, Una talks about her new grime-influenced album. No questions asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Country music only works when it has thrash metal guitar riffs.

I lasted 2 mins and there was no thrash

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I lasted 2 mins and there was no thrash

Well then tuned down palm muted riffs and double bass drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭forumdedum

A bunny boiler in the hand is worth two bullets in the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lta_tvjzrU

"at least she had something on the stove when I came home"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Not even a song from Dolly after all that. Gas.

Tommy Tiernan had a great interview with Carter last year, looked him dead in the eye and said he sensed sadness in him.

He must be dead inside phoning this kinda ****e in.

I watched that interview. It came across that he didn't like what he was doing but it paid the bills and it was too late to change direction.
    He looked like a broken man at the end of it, to be fair, playing wagon wheel or whatever life sucking scutter he's asked to do would take a toll on you after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭George White

He's clearly someone who had talent, but found this niche and has to play this Eoin McLove character.
    I sense that he probably wants to be a proper folkie, but the clapping nans circuit is far more lucrative.

This sounds weird, but he reminds me of Dean Reed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Reed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I have an image of Una being pinned up against the wall of the Green Room after last night’s show by a crowbar-weilding Philomena and the other Country veterans...

“THINK YOU COULD JUST MOSEY ONTO OUR TURF?”

On Ryan’s radio show on Monday morning, Una talks about her new grime-influenced album. No questions asked.

:D

I reckon these country music types are all nicey nicey to each other when the cameras are rolling but in the background they'd stab you in the back. They're all competing with each other doing the same circuit of concerts in small towns across the border counties, its a congested market as it is without Una Healy stomping in on their ground!

Muahahaha wrote: »
    :D

I reckon these country music types are all nicey nicey to each other when the cameras are rolling but in the background they'd stab you in the back. They're all competing with each other doing the same circuit of concerts in small towns across the border counties, its a congested market as it is without Una Healy stomping in on their ground!

You mean this is real? Nathan Carter is in trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymrMWU8nPCU

THey definitely all hate each other. Or at least all have contempt.
    Most of the acts are identikit, fit to a certain type.
    Mike Denver was supposed to be the Bright New Hope of Irish country, our Garth Brooks. Someone who the minute they burst onto the scene, already seemed like a has been, then Nathan comes over from LIverpool, all chirpy with his bemusing accent and suddenly brings in a slightly wider audience.
    But now with Nathan, he does seem to be stuck and not really able to enjoy it. My mother thought he has basically given up singing, and his heart's not in it. I think he is stuck by the fact he is a slightly above mediocre-level talent who became successful here, because he was more exotic and better looking than the likes of Jimmy Buckley,but I think his fascination withIrish music is something that he was only really into as a kid, but because he started so young and the nans like it, he's been forced into this niche as rural Ireland's surrogate grandson.
    And also not to say too much, but I think he needs to be his authentic self, if this is true. https://twitter.com/debhruin/status/1033404424423653376

http://www.cmt.com/news/1828520/charley-pride-countrys-first-black-superstar-dies-of-covid-19-complications/ Seems like the right place to put this, as he was a guest.

Althouh with more talent in his nostrils than the entire guest list bar Dolly of last night's lLs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Morag from Home and Away is looking worse

She's dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charley Pride has died of COVID-19 at age 86 - RIP

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Charley Pride has died of COVID-19 at age 86 - RIP

One of the greats. Used to play around the country before other big names started coming here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

saabsaab wrote: »
    One of the greats. Used to play around the country before the big names started coming here.

He was and always will be one of the big names.

RIP Charley Pride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Here’s the man himself from a LLS Country Special a few years ago.

RIP Charley.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 74 ✭✭Mickey_James

Terrible show.

Una Healy had no business being there but RTE are desperate to shoe horn her into the clique. No doubt she'll be next to be handed a show on tv or radio.

I'm surprised we didn't hear them bitch talking about Ben Foden, how Healy is happier than she ever was with Ben and how Ben is just a twat and he's probably kicking himself for losing Una.

As for the title of the show, why call it a Dolly Parton Special when she didn't come on video link until 11pm? I think that piece was recorded weeks ago too because she's wearing the same clothes as she did on Graham Norton 2/3 weeks ago. And there was no mention of the coronavirus vaccine, there's no way Ryan would miss the opportunity to lick her arse as she was all over the media for donation 1m to the vaccine or something.

I don't think it's RTE who are propping her up, it's her uncle Declan and co...

THey definitely all hate each other. Or at least all have contempt.
    Most of the acts are identikit, fit to a certain type.
    Mike Denver was supposed to be the Bright New Hope of Irish country, our Garth Brooks. Someone who the minute they burst onto the scene, already seemed like a has been, then Nathan comes over from LIverpool, all chirpy with his bemusing accent and suddenly brings in a slightly wider audience.
    But now with Nathan, he does seem to be stuck and not really able to enjoy it. My mother thought he has basically given up singing, and his heart's not in it. I think he is stuck by the fact he is a slightly above mediocre-level talent who became successful here, because he was more exotic and better looking than the likes of Jimmy Buckley,but I think his fascination withIrish music is something that he was only really into as a kid, but because he started so young and the nans like it, he's been forced into this niche as rural Ireland's surrogate grandson.
    And also not to say too much, but I think he needs to be his authentic self, if this is true. https://twitter.com/debhruin/status/1033404424423653376

If it’s true a gay married man attended one of his gigs?

Sorry, what's the insinuation? Is it about Carter???

Sorry, what's the insinuation? Is it about Carter???

not in that tweet anyway

not in that tweet anyway

The tweet is just on about some randomer right?

Or who is the holy couple?

The tweet is just on about some randomer right?

Or who is the holy couple?

nothing to suggest carter in that tweet or replies

There were reports elsewhere c.2016 that Carter was on that platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This thread is going in a very strange direction.

Advertisement