Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power cord

Options
  • 03-12-2020 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭

Are all figure 8 power cables the same?

I have a projector that I bought from Canada.

Can I just buy any, or take any cable from another device?

Same for my AppleTV 4 ? I’d rather not have pull out the cord every time I what time use it in another room.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Canadian voltage is 120v so check before plugging into a 240v here! If it is a 240v I think the power cables are all the same.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

con747 wrote: »
    Canadian voltage is 120v so check before plugging into a 240v here! If it is a 240v I think the power cables are all the same.

Thank you for the reply.

I’ve checked the box and the manual but there was nothing about voltage. I’ll check again when I get home but the manufacturer website’s FAQ has this -

“Does it support voltage of 200-240?

Yes, this projector supports AC 100-240V.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

If you check online the figure 8 power cord is suitable for use on different devices. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320
    https://www.cablewholesale.com/blog/index.php/2019/06/10/identifying-your-power-cord/

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Thank you for the reply.

I’ve checked the box and the manual but there was nothing about voltage. I’ll check again when I get home but the manufacturer website’s FAQ has this -

“Does it support voltage of 200-240?

Yes, this projector supports AC 100-240V.”
    Rated voltage will be clearly stated on projector label. Same should be clearly state in datasheet (might be separate document from user manual).
    It would be simpler if you post device make/model

Fuse Amp rating on the cord might vary, standard IE 13Amp and it'll work, however, i seen newer devices (PC's) have cord supplied rated for 10A

Rated voltage will be clearly stated on projector label. Same should be clearly state in datasheet (might be separate document from user manual).
    It would be simpler if you post device make/model

Fuse Amp rating on the cord might vary, standard IE 13Amp and it'll work, however, i seen newer devices (PC's) have cord supplied rated for 10A

Yes providing the projector details would have made sense. :p

It is a Vanyko Performance V600 and here is the manual - https://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_10827.pdf

On page 6 it does state the voltage and I obviously missed that out of stupidity. However, according to the manual the power connection is not a figure 8 at all and I don’t understand that - I was sure it was a figure 8 connector but is apparently a C14.

Does this make any difference in what power cable to buy? Will any C13 power cable do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Any kettle lead with a plug and fuse rating higher than the current the projector requires will be fine. The fuse in the plug is to protect the cable not the device so no need to match them closely.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Any kettle lead with a plug and fuse rating higher than the current the projector requires will be fine. The fuse in the plug is to protect the cable not the device so no need to match them closely.

Thank you.

Advertisement