Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live

Options
  • 03-12-2020 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

My friend bought and activated a 12 month Live subscription in July or August. She has now been charged for €12.99 for Ultimate even though she didn't subscribe to it (possible her son may have done) and when she checks her subscription page on xbox.com it only shows Ultimate. Any ideas of what this would happen and what can she do to revert to Live? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mossie wrote: »
    My friend bought and activated a 12 month Live subscription in July or August. She has now been charged for €12.99 for Ultimate even though she didn't subscribe to it (possible her son may have done) and when she checks her subscription page on xbox.com it only shows Ultimate. Any ideas of what this would happen and what can she do to revert to Live? Thanks

Haha, sounds like her son may have decided to upgrade her subscription on the sly.

Basically, there's an upgrade deal where, if you've got Xbox Live, and buy one month of Game Pass Ultimate, your entire Xbox Live subscription gets upgraded to Ultimate. Just FYI, it's an amazing deal, as she's now got access to hundreds of games.

Other than the one off €12.99 cost, she shouldn't be charged again. Just make sure auto renew isn't on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mossie

CatInABox wrote: »
    Haha, sounds like her son may have decided to upgrade her subscription on the sly.

Basically, there's an upgrade deal where, if you've got Xbox Live, and buy one month of Game Pass Ultimate, your entire Xbox Live subscription gets upgraded to Ultimate. Just FYI, it's an amazing deal, as she's now got access to hundreds of games.

Other than the one off €12.99 cost, she shouldn't be charged again. Just make sure auto renew isn't on.

Yeah, I know about the deal and it's possible that happened. I'll ask her to check again and see when it expires.

Advertisement