Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Outlet Ireland

Options
  • 03-12-2020 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought anything off the Dell outlet recently?

I built my last couple of machines, but Dell had a decent offer on an Alienware pc there for cyber week on the UK outlet. I ordered it, but later that night got a mail to say I couldn't order from the UK outlet, I had to order from the Irish one.

So I popped on to the Irish one today, found a machine with a great spec, tried to order it but you can't order directly, you have to go through customer service. The person on customer service kept telling me I had to order on the UK outlet site, but I told him I'd already ordered there and they cancelled it telling me I had to order on the Irish site. He insisted I had to order on the UK site.

Do they actually want to sell PC's these days? Or is Dr Nick running the show at Dell?

Looks like I'm going back to building my own again. Very frustrating waste of my time though, I spent hours looking through reviews before deciding to pull the trigger. The Irish site seems to be nothing but a fantasy site with machines on it that don't actually exist. I mailed Dell about it just to check what the purpose of the Irish outlet site is.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

In fairness if you are used to building your own, out of all the OEMs there'd be little point in getting a Dell. They have so much propriety hardware in their desktops particularly the PSU and Motherboard your options to upgrade are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

In fairness if you are used to building your own, out of all the OEMs there'd be little point in getting a Dell. They have so much propriety hardware in their desktops particularly the PSU and Motherboard your options to upgrade are limited.

Fair enough. I was getting a bit lazy and the deal price tempted me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you could have used something like Parcel Wizard or address pal to get it delivered down here but that is ending soon due to brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

In fairness I have to hand it to Dell, they did get in touch about this and apologised and made efforts to sort this all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

A bit late bought I've bought many times from the UK outlet. The system is a bit daft, you can't buy online, you have to ring the Irish Outlet number and they then reserve the UK system by moving it from the UK Outlet to the Irish Outlet. So my understanding is all the stock on the Irish Outlet is stock that is already sold!

• Advertisement
Advertisement