Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting a post/thread for low priority reasons

Options
  • 03-12-2020 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Hi, Just a suggestion, maybe a mod might give a point of view on this:

I sometimes come across in the work and jobs forum, but similarly in others:
    1. Old threads related to specific recruitment campaigns/discussions that are long gone
    2. Threads unnecessarily being revived when newer more relevant threads already exist
    3. New threads opened; which related to an already existing thread

I sometime report these if I think they could be merged or closed, but I also think they're less important than a posts or threads being reported for abuse.

I don't mind doing a bit of housekeeping but I also wouldn't like annoying a specify mod with minor matters. Something that may require their attention but is not urgent.

Could I suggest having a separate button, or perhaps even an option within the report section, to report things of a lower priority as mentioned above?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

It's still ok to use the report button to alert a mod to any of these things, it doesn't always have to be used to report a problem with the content of a post.

We have very little availabel dev time at the moment for new features so it is unlikely that we'd get something like this done any time soon with a report button already in existence.

Advertisement