Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu half price Turkey

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

The printed voucher was all they asked for, so no problems thankfully.
    I have also not received any voucher printed with my online deliveries (haven't been in shop since March), but I have 3 turkey vouchers now on the app. However, somebody else is collecting for me so that's no use. I phoned SV but they said I needed to go in store with the app to sort it out - not much help given current situation and high risk! A relative has given me their printed voucher instead - will this be ok, or will it need to match the club card at the till?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Pistachio19

The printed voucher was all they asked for, so no problems thankfully.

That's good to know - I won't have to give my fob to friend so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got 4 turkeys Christmas eve in tesco for 75%off.

6e each:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Picked up a 75% off turkey in Tesco on Christmas eve, and threw it in the freezer as was in my family's house for Christmas Day.

Any ideas around tried/tested alternatives to some of the usual Christmas recipes?
    I'd usually stuff it with loads of fragrant things like lemon, thyme, onion etc, cover in some herby butter, layer bacon over the top and all that.

Still think roasting is my preferred option for cooking, but open to suggestions if someone's got a nice recipe/method.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Picked up a 75% off turkey in Tesco on Christmas eve, and threw it in the freezer as was in my family's house for Christmas Day.

Any ideas around tried/tested alternatives to some of the usual Christmas recipes?
    I'd usually stuff it with loads of fragrant things like lemon, thyme, onion etc, cover in some herby butter, layer bacon over the top and all that.

Still think roasting is my preferred option for cooking, but open to suggestions if someone's got a nice recipe/method.

Roast it, brine it beforehand but not sure how that works with a frozen lad.
    But the timings are always wrong. Probably take an hour or even 2 off the recommended time, that’s what dries it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Seve OB wrote: »
    Roast it, brine it beforehand but not sure how that works with a frozen lad.
    But the timings are always wrong. Probably take an hour or even 2 off the recommended time, that’s what dries it out.

This. Get a thermometer for sure

Need to find myself one for New Year’s Day myself

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Got 4 turkeys Christmas eve in tesco for 75%off.

6e each:)

WOW..just WOW!

Advertisement