Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Report

• 03-12-2020 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

OH and I planning to buy next year. I had two skeletons in my closet and I requested a report from ICB to see what way I stand in terms of credit rating.

One was a court order. I moved out of a property I rented with an ex and (stupidly) didn't remove my name from the lease. Ex ceased paying rent then a year later I had half the debt registered against me. Repaid it in full (including ex's as we were jointly and severally liable) but the end of my repayments was less than five years ago, so I assumed it would be on the report.

Also, had a loan with Avant Card and missed two payments. Since repaid it in full and account is closed but they told me they had registered the bad credit with ICB.

Neither of these two things are on the report. I thought all bad debts stayed for five years. Anyone experience anything similar?

Currently debt free and workings towards our deposit, but credit report seems too good to be true.

Appreciate any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Have you applied to this crowd for your report from them https://www.centralcreditregister.ie/ If it's not on either that or ICB then looks like you're home and dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

phormium wrote: »
    Have you applied to this crowd for your report from them https://www.centralcreditregister.ie/ If it's not on either that or ICB then looks like you're home and dry!

Just found out about them after I posted! I really thought ICB was the only register! From my reading, it looks like they would only include bad debts from 2017 onwards? Although, presumably if the debt was outstanding at that time, it might have been registered. I made the last payment to clear the judgement amount in 2018 - though I am not even sure if these are registered.

I'll request a report from them anyway :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Antares35 wrote: »
    Just found out about them after I posted! I really thought ICB was the only register! From my reading, it looks like they would only include bad debts from 2017 onwards? Although, presumably if the debt was outstanding at that time, it might have been registered. I made the last payment to clear the judgement amount in 2018 - though I am not even sure if these are registered.

I'll request a report from them anyway :o

The CCR is the EU standard now and from other posts here plus the FAQ, institutions are required to report all unsettled debt including statute bared.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    The CCR is the EU standard now and from other posts here plus the FAQ, institutions are required to report all unsettled debt including statute bared.

The debt wasn't statute barred, the judgement was in good time and I've since discharged it. Would that still be registered?

I'd expect that the payment history may still be there at least for now. After the two year anniversary of the final payment it should disappear.

• Advertisement

I'd expect that the payment history may still be there at least for now. After the two year anniversary of the final payment it should disappear.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KennedyJelly

Hi, would anyone please be able to tell me why an application to the CCR for a report would come back as, 'I can confirm we were unable to locate you on the register based on the information you provided'?
    Supplied all requested documents.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Q&A

Hi, would anyone please be able to tell me why an application to the CCR for a report would come back as, 'I can confirm we were unable to locate you on the register based on the information you provided'?
    Thanks

Sounds like the details you provided weren't sufficient to find an exact match on their system. What were you expecting to see? Have you loans worth €500 or more?

Assuming you do then have any of your personal details chanced (name, address)? Your existing loans might be there but there under an old address, a variation of your name etc.

The PPS number should be the unique identifier but in the past banks were pretty hit and miss at collecting these details. That issue could be further compounded by English/Irish variations in names and or changes due to marriage. Not too mention our late arrival at the concept of postcodes/eircode.

Thanks

There are one of two possibilities:

- The event you were expecting to see there was not reported by the financial institution as it did not meet the reporting criteria

- The event has not been correctly mapped to your identity. Either you provided insufficient or defective information on the request or the reporting institution did when making their report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KennedyJelly

There are one of two possibilities:

- The event you were expecting to see there was not reported by the financial institution as it did not meet the reporting criteria

- The event has not been correctly mapped to your identity. Either you provided insufficient or defective information on the request or the reporting institution did when making their report.

I see, thank you for the information.

• Advertisement
Advertisement