Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend XB1Games - Haven't played games in 3 years

Options
  • 03-12-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there

Looking for some bargains, like Wolfenstein II, to build a small collection of games that would be cheap to buy.

I'd need physical discs too and it's purely, at least for now, for single player offline gaming.

Any suggestions folks

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nalz wrote: »
    Hi there

Looking for some bargains, like Wolfenstein II, to build a small collection of games that would be cheap to buy.

I'd need physical discs too and it's purely, at least for now, for single player offline gaming.

Any suggestions folks

Thanks all!

Just get game pass and go nuts. Its netflix for games. 200ish games to choose from. And its not trash bargain games, majority of them are really good quality. MS first party games are all available on gamepass from day one. You cant beat the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Just get game pass and go nuts. Its netflix for games. 200ish games to choose from. And its not trash bargain games, majority of them are really good quality. MS first party games are all available on gamepass from day one. You cant beat the value.

Unfortunately it will need to be offline disc games for now, but thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Unfortunately it will need to be offline disc games for now, but thanks!

Was some good sales on black Friday weekend.

But you can still get the following cheap on amazon UK and Smyths ie

Witcher 3 complete edition 15 quid or less
    Grand theft auto 5 20 quid or less
    Res dead redemption 2 25 quid or less
    Doom eternal 17 stg on Amazon
    Also fallout 4, ...
    Wolfenstein games on sale at Amazon

You still need to go online to get the latest time from the network ... No battery for clock on Xbox ...

And get the latest game updates

The disk really only acts as a key.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

the biggest problem with new consoles - or even last gen for that matter, is that no disc game is 100% right, they all benefit from day one patches etc. If you can even get it connected to update whatever you do select, you'll have a far better experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

the biggest problem with new consoles - or even last gen for that matter, is that no disc game is 100% right, they all benefit from day one patches etc. If you can even get it connected to update whatever you do select, you'll have a far better experience.

Very true and solid advice. In fact its safe to say some games launched with game breaking bugs that were only fixed with the day one patches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

Witcher(add ons are a MUST), Red Dead, GTA definitely

I really enjoyed AC Black Flag, started Odyssey and getting into it also

As mentioned, lots of good stuff on Game Pass

Thanks! The joys of being an imagine customer in the middle of nowhere ;-)

I'm capped to 25gigs a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Hmmm will be very awkward, some of those games are huge. Go visit a friend with decent broadband and the disks and update them all.

Or get a Switch

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Hmmm will be very awkward, some of those games are huge. Go visit a friend with decent broadband and the disks and update them all.

Or get a Switch

not a bad idea thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It's a tb for the month is it not? I am with imagine and have no issues pulling down over that a day, as long as I don't go over the monthly cap.

• Advertisement

It's a tb for the month is it not? I am with imagine and have no issues pulling down over that a day, as long as I don't go over the monthly cap.

I was told there was a daily limit too, depending on the mast the limit differs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

Technically yes, their limit is 1TB but Imagine also have an acceptable usage policy which is much less than that. I think if you go over 20Gb in a day they "deprioritise" your downloads. I've never had an issue but the Imagine thread over in the Broadband forum has several people who had issues with this recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I thought Imagine let you download at night without caps. Well to a certain extent as in you will not be able to download loads of Gigabytes every night. But I thought they allowed you to download at least a game every now and then at night and it should download pretty quick as hardly anybody is online at that time re. Imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

I thought Imagine let you download at night without caps. Well to a certain extent as in you will not be able to download loads of Gigabytes every night. But I thought they allowed you to download at least a game every now and then at night and it should download pretty quick as hardly anybody is online at that time re. Imagine.

Apparently downloads at night don't count towards your monthly 1TB but do count towards your daily limit after which your speeds will be throttled. Clear as mud.

Advertisement