Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locals advice where for a pint and grub over weekend?

• 04-12-2020 1:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Hi
    We staying in Limerick till Tuesday to do a job
    We are in an Air BNB in Grove Island
    Anything nice around that area?I know its not City Centre i didnt book it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Short walk to - The locke Bar ( & food normally, not sure what they are doing from Friday) Also they own Locke burger beside it ( gourmet burger setup) , also Rossi's beside it .( All those are George's Quay) For breakfast, Lush Cafe In Grove Island by Supervalu is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Enjoy your stay! There should be a nice buzz around the city this weekend, and the Christmas lights look really well this year. Grab a hot chocolate from Hook & Ladder and have a stroll around once it gets dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's a walk around the river "The Three Bridges" and you could stroll over to the Curragower for a pint and food or as suggested by topcat72 walk towards town and call to The Locke and/or Rossi's. JJ Bowles (across the river) do a lovely pint but no food.

I love Taikichi Japanese resturant on O'Connell St if that's your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

phog wrote: »
    There's a walk around the river "The Three Bridges" and you could stroll over to the Curragower for a pint and food or as suggested by topcat72 walk towards town and call to The Locke and/or Rossi's. JJ Bowles (across the river) do a lovely pint but no food.

I love Taikichi Japanese resturant on O'Connell St if that's your thing.

You'll need to book any of those. JJs with no kitchen is not open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Thanks all
    We actually down again working but hoping to maybe get a pint in over the weekend
    Ended up in Katy Dalys the last time not too bad but 9 euro for 4 Chicken Goujons starter is taking the piss
    However was surprised by the burger it was actually really tasty
    They didnt seem to operate a time limit..seems a very local pub
    Curragower seemed to the place everyone has recommended
    Any where ud get a pint even going up later when the food service has stopped?

• Advertisement

You'll need to book any of those. JJs with no kitchen is not open.

Have been JJ Bowles a few times love it

I found a great little local Charlie Malones a few years always call in when working in Limerick ago but havent been in it since last Feb im guessing its not open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Charlie's is still closed unfortunately. A gem of a pub

leakyboots wrote: »
    Charlie's is still closed unfortunately. A gem of a pub

Prob better with working aswell.Jayus ended up there at trad session one night i didnt make work the next day till late.The owner Paddy and the barman sound lads

Advertisement