Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TP2021

well im in the 20s 2 so ya wouldnt know!The good thing is we passed tho!Wonder how did every1 else get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

Sorry only getting a chance to post now. Got my results too, quite happy! My OOM didn't move much. Just depends how many they are taking on. Well done guys!

awe delighted for u!well done..ur well on ur way!Keep us posted !

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Interview invites for call takers seem to have gone out, not sure how many.

Dates starting 19/4

I think this is the hardest wait...when or if I will receive vetting forms. The unknown is a pain! Also I've lost all interest in my current job. Sounds awful but can't help it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

mrscoco30 wrote: »
    I think this is the hardest wait...when or if I will receive vetting forms. The unknown is a pain! Also I've lost all interest in my current job. Sounds awful but can't help it!

FYI

I would suggest that anyone who thinks they may be moving ahead to start getting your vetting stuff together now, be it lists of addresses / references / certificates etc etc. The vetting process is a long process, so the more accurate and complete the info is at the beginning the better.
    I also suggest that you copy everything ( I mean everything ) and keep a log of who & when for phone calls etc, for your own reference as trying to trace a document that you’ve already sent in can be soul destroying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marmar1324

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    Interview invites for call takers seem to have gone out, not sure how many.

Dates starting 19/4

Yeah! I managed to nab one! There seemed to be 20 slots available for interview and I was 10 in Galway and 54 (I think) nationally... If that's any help figuring how many they're doing!

What's people doing to prep for the interview? Haven't done on in so long so very nervous and outta practise!

marmar1324 wrote: »
    Yeah! I managed to nab one! There seemed to be 20 slots available for interview and I was 10 in Galway and 54 (I think) nationally... If that's any help figuring how many they're doing!

What's people doing to prep for the interview? Haven't done on in so long so very nervous and outta practise!

How do you know where you are in Galway vs nationally? Did you ask PAS specifically?

Once the interview info comes out, my OH will be prepping answers to all competencies in STAR format

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    How do you know where you are in Galway vs nationally? Did you ask PAS specifically?

Once the interview info comes out, my OH will be prepping answers to all competencies in STAR format

Yeah, I emailed and asked them.

Oh great, that sounds good! Thanks! Will they be sending out the competencies with the info or is it competencies at the very end of the unital job description? Sorry for all the questions, haven't applied for a pubic service job before so all new to me 😊

For my interview it was discussing the application form followed by 5 competencies. Alot of questions in relation to them. They are tied to time so will move you on if you're going over time in your answers.

• Advertisement

FYI

I would suggest that anyone who thinks they may be moving ahead to start getting your vetting stuff together now, be it lists of addresses / references / certificates etc etc. The vetting process is a long process, so the more accurate and complete the info is at the beginning the better.
    I also suggest that you copy everything ( I mean everything ) and keep a log of who & when for phone calls etc, for your own reference as trying to trace a document that you’ve already sent in can be soul destroying.

Thanks for the heads up! Just wish I knew I was going to be vetted or if I'm too far down the panel.

For my interview it was discussing the application form followed by 5 competencies. Alot of questions in relation to them. They are tied to time so will move you on if you're going over time in your answers.

Great, thanks! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SNOOP22

Yeah, I emailed and asked them.

Oh great, that sounds good! Thanks! Will they be sending out the competencies with the info or is it competencies at the very end of the unital job description? Sorry for all the questions, haven't applied for a pubic service job before so all new to me 😊

Well done so far!! Can I ask if the OOM we originally got was national or just for the area you applied for then? Just so I know how far down I am! I got around 200 but not sure if it’s nationally or for Dublin? Thanks

SNOOP22 wrote: »
    Well done so far!! Can I ask if the OOM we originally got was national or just for the area you applied for then? Just so I know how far down I am! I got around 200 but not sure if it’s nationally or for Dublin? Thanks

For me it was that the OOM we got initially was nationally and was then told that I was 10 in Galway after asking. I'd imagine it's the same for everyone!

I wonder was it different then for the Incident Creation representatives and the Emergency Call Takers? Was there one OOM for Castlebar and one for the other 4 areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SNOOP22

For me it was that the OOM we got initially was nationally and was then told that I was 10 in Galway after asking. I'd imagine it's the same for everyone!

Great thanks so much! Best of luck!

Has anyone applying for Castlebar heard anything back? Or anything about how many they taking on etc?

No not a thing !!Have u?

TP2021 wrote: »
    No not a thing !!Have u?

Nothing! I'm the worst for patience. It's just strange doing an interview, passing & then not knowing if you'll have a job or not!

I know it is..I thought u might of heard as ur oom was quite high?God knows but keep us posted pls if you do hear anything?Does ppl get on2 doin their garda vetting without a job offer or do they just wait??

• Advertisement

Good luck to those doing interviews this week 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ginja

Good luck to those doing interviews this week 🀞

Are there interviews for Castlebar this week? My oom is 70 and was told they had interviewed 58 in the first batch of interviews so thought I would be in this batch.

Ginja wrote: »
    Are there interviews for Castlebar this week? My oom is 70 and was told they had interviewed 58 in the first batch of interviews so thought I would be in this batch.

I think from previous posts that the interviews for the rest of the country start today. Could be wrong! I interviewed for Castlebar about 4 weeks ago.

Its interviews for call takers this week!

Has anyone applying for Castlebar heard anything back? Or anything about how many they taking on etc?

I think they might be holding off on appointments until galway panel is in place as there will be quite a few who would have both areas down

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shauna2020

Hey, has anyone been called for cork for an interview?

has anyone heard anything back from Castlebar or had job offers??

I had my interview on Wednesday and they told me to expect word in the next week or the week after.

• Advertisement

great!where did u have interview for?Call taker or GISC?

Advertisement