Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

TP2021 wrote: »
    has anyone heard anything back from Castlebar or had job offers??

Sorry I haven't been on this much lately. I contacted them last week & they were finalising numbers for Castlebar and contacting people by the end of this week. If not contacted you will be if & when a place comes available/your number is reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TP2021

Great thanks for update!Best of luck everyone X

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marmar1324

It was for call taker! God, I'm aching to know how many their taking on haha

Vetting forms & request for hearing test received today. I was convinced when I'd heard nothing by yesterday evening it was bad news! Delighted to be at this stage now but sounds like a long road ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jessie2487

Same here! Thank god I checked my junk mail as it somehow ended up in there!!!

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard back regarding the Galway call taker postions? The waiting is the worst part!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

marmar1324 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back regarding the Galway call taker postions? The waiting is the worst part!

Nothing here yet, I had envisioned they would be out today or tomorrow as the Castlebar ones were out the Tuesday of the following week and there was double at least interviewed for there vs galway

Okay, thanks for your reply! They told me it could be this week or next week but just wanted to see if anyone had heard. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

Has anyone from Waterford heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Galway results are out

• Advertisement

I saw that! Hope everyone is happy with their results. Now the wait is on! Would love to know how many their taking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SNOOP22

Does anyone know if anyone from Dublin has been called for interview? Haven’t seen anything here about Dublin. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JustThisGuy

SNOOP22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if anyone from Dublin has been called for interview? Haven’t seen anything here about Dublin. Thanks

Nope, but I figure I won't for atleast the near future as I was in the 170s. Would be interested if someone here who placed in the top 30/50s in Dublin have heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I'm in the 50's for Dublin and haven't heard anything yet.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    I'm in the 50's for Dublin and haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks! Can I ask how you know your OOM for Dublin? Did you ask for it?

Thanks! Can I ask how you know your OOM for Dublin? Did you ask for it?

I got it in the email when the results of stage 2 were given out. I haven't had an interview yet.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    I got it in the email when the results of stage 2 were given out. I haven't had an interview yet.

Ah ok! I thought I read here that the OOM we got was the national OOM but maybe not. Thanks!

Ah ok! I thought I read here that the OOM we got was the national OOM but maybe not. Thanks!

I thought it would go by the area you ticked. I only ticked Dublin so presumed that was the order of merit for Dublin.

Is anyone familiar with starting take home pay with GISC?

Would also be interested in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

You start on the same as all civil servants. 25% shift allowance. you work 10hr shift. 6 days on and 4 days off. Two day shifts. 8am to 6pm. Two late shifts 2pm to 00.00. Two night shifts 22.00 to 08.00

https://www.forsa.ie/

The pay scales are on this link

Madelyn wrote: »
    You start on the same as all civil servants. 25% shift allowance. you work 10hr shift. 6 days on and 4 days off. Two day shifts. 8am to 6pm. Two late shifts 2pm to 00.00. Two night shifts 22.00 to 08.00

https://www.forsa.ie/

The pay scales are on this link

Thanks Madelyn. So €471.20 & 25% per week?

mrscoco30 wrote: »
    Thanks Madelyn. So €471.20 & 25% per week?

yes that is correct.

There is
    USC
    PAYE
    PRSI
    Three pension deductions
    ASC .. Additional Superannuation Contribution. Levy.

Thanks so much!So your physical take home pay is €471.20 + shift allowance.is that right??

Thanks so much!So your physical take home pay is €471.20 + shift allowance.is that right??

NO that is your pay before tax and all deductions.

€471.20 + 25% - deductions.

Ok thanks so much !Do you work in GiSC Madelyn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beans06

943 wrote: »
    Has anyone from Waterford heard?

Not yet! 🀞ðŸ»

Has anyone for the Emergency Call Takers in Galway gotten vetting forms or anything yet?

marmar1324 wrote: »
    Has anyone for the Emergency Call Takers in Galway gotten vetting forms or anything yet?

We were 3.5 weeks from results to receiving them. Just so you have a guideline

• Advertisement

mrscoco30 wrote: »
    We were 3.5 weeks from results to receiving them. Just so you have a guideline

Oh great, thanks. Probably be waiting another while so!

Advertisement