Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There is no booklet yet for stage two, email states it will be sent in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

Hi I mean the original document with job specifications etc please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beans06

Hi all :) congratulations to you all who got to stage 2.

Applied for Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

mrscoco30 wrote: »
    Hi I mean the original document with job specifications etc please!

That's what I meant too, can't find it online, TIA!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hopefully someone here helps you out, am at work so no access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

20249405_20249405 Call Takers in An Garda Síochána Final.pdf

Information booklet attached! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

job seeker wrote: »
    20249405_20249405 Call Takers in An Garda Síochána Final.pdf

Information booklet attached! :)

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Onto stage 2, Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Why does it feel like they literally invited all applicants to stage 2?!
    What were the odds off all of us passing stage 1?!

Thanks! Much appreciated. Stage 2 aswell ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mayoman22

Because it was literally the most basic of aptitude tests there is. I mean, picking out true or false and then the number observation test clicking for a correct number. Honestly the majority of people will have got past it, I’m not trying to sound arrogant but I don’t see how one could not get past that. Junior cert students could have completed that stage no problem.

So honesty, I really don’t think they will have narrowed down the numbers much at all with those tests, probably at least 80%, if not more, will be onto the next stage where harder tests and eventually interviews will narrow the numbers down properly!

But that’s just my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

Mayoman22 wrote: »
    Because it was literally the most basic of aptitude tests there is. I mean, picking out true or false and then the number observation test clicking for a correct number. Honestly the majority of people will have got past it, I’m not trying to sound arrogant but I don’t see how one could not get past that. Junior cert students could have completed that stage no problem.

So honesty, I really don’t think they will have narrowed down the numbers much at all with those tests, probably at least 80%, if not more, will be onto the next stage where harder tests and eventually interviews will narrow the numbers down properly!

Yeah. Considering it was very straightforward, I assumed they’d be more selective in regards to who got through like factoring the length of time it took to finish and whatnot, but I guess not. I’d imagine stage two will be similar to what they did last year which would the thin the herd out a bit more thoroughly.

What was stage 2 last year? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭skidmarkoner

I'd say that basic test was to just defer those that apply without any intention of following through if you do two tests your most likely up for the job. Then an interview to see if your suited for it ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

Mayoman22 wrote: »

I’m aware of 4 who did the assessment, of which 1 has progressed to stage 2.
    Very best of luck to all in the next stages, and hope to see some of ye soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

Passed as well! Applied for Waterford

Anyone else killed checking their emails?! Zero patience

Have a little patience. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

:P

I'd hope we'll hear something on Friday/Friday week! If the information booklet is anything to go by...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Account2021

I am involved in another competition PAS are running for EO which some are due to get the next stage tomorrow with a deadline next Thursday for completion.

Just guessing here but I am thinking they don’t run the competitions all at the same time.

I’m guessing we might get the familiarisation for stage 2 this week and it might run the following week from around the 18th based on the other competition dates.

I am involved in another competition PAS are running for EO which some are due to get the next stage tomorrow with a deadline next Thursday for completion.

Just guessing here but I am thinking they don’t run the competitions all at the same time.

I’m guessing we might get the familiarisation for stage 2 this week and it might run the following week from around the 18th based on the other competition dates.

I hope so!

All very exciting!

I'm actually pretty excited to see what this aptitude test entails. I wonder will interviews be done via skype or zoom since its unlikely that we will be allowed to attend in person ones.

Shau_98 wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty excited to see what this aptitude test entails. I wonder will interviews be done via skype or zoom since its unlikely that we will be allowed to attend in person ones.

Many departments in the public sector have been conducting video interviews since the start of the pandemic. I think someone mentioned zoom a few months back if I recall correctly..

job seeker wrote: »
    Many departments in the public sector have been conducting video interviews since the start of the pandemic. I think someone mentioned zoom a few months back if I recall correctly..

Yeah definitly online video interviews, hopefully recruitment doesn't get delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Account2021

Last nights Primetime happened to show a very short clip of the office (looks like area we would be working if successful) on Harcourt Street about 6 mins in for anyone curious during a segment on Covid.

I never really watch Primetime so I’m hoping it’s a sign! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

I hope we will get more info today about next phase.. or I will pass the weekend checking the emails hah

Itainire wrote: »
    I hope we will get more info today about next phase.. or I will pass the weekend checking the emails hah

You don't have to sit at your computer refreshing your email all weekend. If we get contact someone is bound to post here anyway and you'll find out that way.

You can also set up your public jobs account so that you'll receive a text message informing you that you have an unread message in your inbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Kazzie07

We got the email with the booklet. Good luck everyone.

Advertisement