Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

• 04-12-2020 6:48pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Please post any PS5 stock updates here.

NO chat, unless it's directly related to updates about stock availability
    NO buying / selling / scalping / trading on-thread
    NO asking for consoles, orders or reservation codes from other users
    ONLY post updates for consoles being sold at retail price

Take rumours or speculation with a substantial pinch of salt. If you need to have a more in-depth conversation with another user, take it to private messages.

If you have successfully ordered a PS5, there's a separate thread to discuss it here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119473 There's no need to offer regular updates on your order in this stock update thread.

We will ban trolls and scalpers, or first-time posters attempting to ask for codes, swaps etc... If any issues arise, report it and a mod will get to it.

Have started a new thread as it needed a clean break. Hopefully this one will be a bit more ordered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

So now that there’s a new thread and there’s no mammys looking for consoles for “me little angle”...
    I think on the old one I saw some rumours about Currys tomorrow morning....could anyone elaborate or confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭jj880

Tesco might be worth watching over next 24 hours. When they finish offering to people who had cancelled orders from their last release they may put whats left (if any) on tesco.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Just a thought, but when Currys restocked the xbox, it wasn't for sale on the website. Someone posted on the xbox forum that they had walked in and they were selling them behind the counter. This was last week

Will check blanch tomorrow and update. I'd be shocked staff didn't get their paws on it all. Has curry's ireland sold any ps5s since launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

I'd also keep an eye on Argos for the next few days. Some people myt either not collect their reservation or had one cancelled if they reserved more then one.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭pj12332

Rang Curry's also popped into one in way home from gym. Absolute garbage about tomorrow. They said they haven't heard a peep. And if that happened tomorrow would be news to them.

• Advertisement

Yeah I thought that...like I said earlier that would be a no go with the pandemic and all

They did in-store only with the Series X only last week. It wasn't on the website, no click and collect.

It absolutely is a possibility.

Some weird stuff going on with Argos stock. I have seen 3 or 4 digital PS5's pop up at Sligo Argos more than once today, then they will disappear. Sligo is the only store I've seen this happen at, I haven't seen any stock of the digital anywhere else at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

It looks like Littlewoods have changed their PS5 codes

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

loughrey wrote: »
    When I ordered at about 9.30am 4 just randomly popped up even though an Argos banner popped up to say they are all sold out across the country. If you see stock pop up assume it's legit and not a glitch. My guess is some stores are late getting deliveries and scanning them into the system at different times.

What's the link? When I click into the PS5 console it displays an unavailable message so can't check store availability

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

What is going on with argos, when you "check stock in your area" it gives a "can be reserved for collection" on such a date usually 8th-10th .. this has been like this for two days surely it should be fixed by now, it's only on the disc version though... adding stock.. maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

MvsC3 wrote: »
    What is going on with argos, when you "check stock in your area" it gives a "can be reserved for collection" on such a date usually 8th-10th .. this has been like this for two days surely it should be fixed by now, it's only on the disc version though... adding stock.. maybe?

Do you know the catalogue number for ps5 disc version in argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Do you know the catalogue number for ps5 disc version in argos?

834/9000 is the disc version

834/9024 is the digital version

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

It's worth a shot guys, Currys myt be yer last hope. If you had an extra person with you, u go into the shop and other person in car checking online. Wish ye all the best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

benny79 wrote: »
    Any chance you could text him and find out? Cause if its on line and I go to a store im fcuked and vice vera. This probably my last chance,

Go to the shop Benny. I’ll try online at nine. If I get one it’s yours. I’m in no rush for one but wouldn’t mind having one but I’ve no Santa and I’ll survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Yomtvraps

So with currys tomorrow we cant buy online we should go into the shop first thing in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Yomtvraps wrote: »
    So with currys tomorrow we cant buy online we should go into the shop first thing in the morning?

Carrickmines opens early so would be a good indicator for the rest of the stores. Horrible day to be queueing outside though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Yomtvraps wrote: »

Honestly, it makes no sense whatsoever to me as to why they'd set up this kind of situation at the moment. You are going to get crowds/queues if this happens.

No one else has done a big physical drop of consoles because of the pandemic. I can see them putting them up for click and collect if they have any at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Ok so, just in store. From 11 onwards. They only have 20ish in that store(naas). Not sure on others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Honestly, it makes no sense whatsoever to me as to why they'd set up this kind of situation at the moment. You are going to get crowds/queues if this happens.

No one else has done a big physical drop of consoles because of the pandemic. I can see them putting them up for click and collect if they have any at all.

They haven't, and will not, advertise. They are discretely making small amounts of stock available. Seems like a reasonable approach. Stops the scalpers and bots hammering their web site and reselling for a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Very quiet in here tonight. Any updates regarding currys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I feel like I read that currys have stock at 11am but I cant tell if I've gone mad or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

Anyone know if the tesco calls were random or where in order of cancellation ? heard of people who seamed to order after me get a call but still haven't received any calls not feeling to hopeful haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

YupYup17 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the tesco calls were random or where in order of cancellation ? heard of people who seamed to order after me get a call but still haven't received any calls not feeling to hopeful haha

me either could go by shop hopefully

baalad wrote: »
    Very quiet in here tonight. Any updates regarding currys?

Thats because everyone has one expect us poor suckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

benny79 wrote: »
    me either could go by shop hopefully

Hope to get call tomorrow! A friend of mine order from same shop as me and got a call around 12 today although he ordered about 5 minutes before me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Got one using argos.co.uk in downpatrick. Fingers crossed.

edit: canceled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Seems the rumours are curry’s will have stock in the morning but any idea how the process will work as the shop will be open afew hours by the times the stock comes up supposedly .

There will already be customers in shop browsing, are they just just going to start parading consoles from behind the back or have a special line. No doubt there will be people badgering staff first thing in the morning waiting

YupYup17 wrote: »
    Hope to get call tomorrow! A friend of mine order from same shop as me and got a call around 12 today although he ordered about 5 minutes before me

To be honest i be shocked if i do and overjoyed wat a 2 weeks I actually think my hand thinks its hitting the refresh button in my sleep! Never had a Santa this hard before! I have a plan B obviously but this be his last year believing Id say! so I like to pull it out of the bag for those lasten memories.

Lad in work heard about smyths went on line got one straight away! didnt even try anywhere else! talk about jammy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gaelar29

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Seems the rumours are curry’s will have stock in the morning but any idea how the process will work as the shop will be open afew hours by the times the stock comes up supposedly .

There will already be customers in shop browsing, are they just just going to start parading consoles from behind the back or have a special line. No doubt there will be people badgering staff first thing in the morning waiting

Am wondering will all currys shops have a few tomorrow? 11am sounds a tad weird, one would think opening time or nothing

• Advertisement

bdmc5 wrote: »

I finding the currys rumour hard to believe.. like that would cause mayhem.. first think maybe but 11am??

Thing is people are so desperate a small rumour will catch fire!

Advertisement