Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

baalad wrote: »
    So many people seem to be looking for a PS5 - Finding one , and then are back looking for one again? Either they are do gooders trying to help others or they see the money to be made and want as many as they can get. I commented today that i could have walked out of argos with mine and straight into CEX and sold it for 700 cash within seconds. Easy money!!

I really hope those that genuinely want one wether its for themselves or their kids, i sincerely hope you get one at cost pre Christmas!

It sucks that so many people are crying out for one and cannot get one while those with no interest in them are getting them and profiting from this!

Yeah, i noticed a fair few heads thanking everyone for helping them snag one before they pop back up in the thread later on asking about more because some relative/friend/whatever needs one. Maybe they are genuine but you have to realise that scalpers are definitely involved in this thread because it is a great source of info on stock availability in Ireland.

Also, the people reserving click and collect on the west coast while living on the east aren't helping things. Argos have taken down the ability to even check stock in stores on their website, let alone reserve it. There is going to be some amount of uncollected units sitting in stock rooms over the next few weeks whilst people are still desperate to buy. This is only going to benefit the scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gayformoleman

Yeah, i noticed a fair few heads thanking everyone for helping them snag one before they pop back up in the thread later on asking about more because some relative/friend/whatever needs one. Maybe they are genuine but you have to realise that scalpers are definitely involved in this thread because it is a great source of info on stock availability in Ireland.

Also, the people reserving click and collect on the west coast while living on the east aren't helping things. Argos have taken down the ability to even check stock in stores on their website, let alone reserve it. There is going to be some amount of uncollected units sitting in stock rooms over the next few weeks whilst people are still desperate to buy. This is only going to benefit the scalpers.

Absolutely, I’d say just keep checking. I just hope the people genuinely looking for them as gifts or whatever get sorted and not just people looking to profit off people who are desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gaelar29

Absolutely, I’d say just keep checking. I just hope the people genuinely looking for them as gifts or whatever get sorted and not just people looking to profit off people who are desperate.

The one night, it was obvious, argos UK were up to something, i stayed up til 1.30, working next day at 8.00 but woke up at 5.30 to see they had gone online, they bloody had, at 3.30am....` that sounds like the working man has no chance but the tout at home, can clean up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

MuddyDog wrote: »

message saying this product is not available in your country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I used a VPN it says out of stock ill keep checking and let the thread know.

jay1988 wrote: »

VPN and get it delivered to Parcel Motel.

gaelar29 wrote: »
    The one night, it was obvious, argos UK were up to something, i stayed up til 1.30, working next day at 8.00 but woke up at 5.30 to see they had gone online, they bloody had, at 3.30am....` that sounds like the working man has no chance but the tout at home, can clean up

Yeah my bf tried Argos uk, ordered it but Argos cancelled it 5 mins later. I’d say tonnes have reserved them, and have already gotten theirs, so there may be reserved stock waiting collection. Keep trying, fingers crossed you’ll get sorted!

jay1988 wrote: »

I thought you could order Asda to Ireland. VPN and parcel motel.

I thought you could order Asda to Ireland. VPN and parcel wizard, at least it’ll get delivered to your home.

DO NOT use Parcel Wizard, they're ending their forwarding service in a few days. Parcel Motel or AddressPal I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 NeedAPS5

NeedAPS5 wrote: »
    How do you know?

Saw it on HUKD. They posted 'very soon' yesterday evening and there's not been any release of stock since as it would have been all over HUKD if there were.....so I can only assume if Asda are being truthful then very soon surely means either today/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Out of stock

Out of stock

It hasn't come into stock yet. Supposedly coming into stock 'very soon' which was posted yesterday evening on Twitter.

Basil3 wrote: »
    DO NOT use Parcel Wizard, they're ending their forwarding service in a few days. Parcel Motel or AddressPal I'd say.

Oh I didn’t know, cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

Oh I didn’t know, cheers for the heads up!

Yes parcel wizard virtual addresses are ceasing 11th December. Don’t use parcel motel they have said they aren’t delivering any “oversized” pieces over the Christmas period which the ps5 would be classified as.

For ASDA if possible I’d say click and collect, it’d be worth the spin (obviously dependent on where you are in the country)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

While waiting for ASDA to go live, remember to create an account, add address and credit card. It will make for a faster checkout if you do manage to get one in your cart. I've just added my Parcel Motel and Irish credit card no problem. Logged on to a UK VPN first as others have said here - I'm using ExpressVPN. Another tip - if you already trued the ASDA page and turned on the vpn afterwards, it still won't work. I think they set a cookie as soon as you open the page the first time. To get around that, open an incognito tab in Chrome, that worked for me.

Sottol wrote: »
    Yes parcel wizard virtual addresses are ceasing 11th December. Don’t use parcel motel they have said they aren’t delivering any “oversized” pieces over the Christmas period which the ps5 would be classified as.

For ASDA if possible I’d say click and collect, it’d be worth the spin (obviously dependent on where you are in the country)

Dang, forgot about the Parcel Motel Oversized parcel ban over Xmas! Has anyone used Address Pal, is that an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dcas88

Tesco rang me about an hour ago and offered me a ps5 if I still wanted it.
    I had originally ordered like a lot of us online a few weeks back but didn’t get a confirmation or cancellation email from them. I get to pick it up on the 11th from 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

radarjump wrote: »
    Dang, forgot about the Parcel Motel Oversized parcel ban over Xmas! Has anyone used Address Pal, is that an option?

Is the ps5 too big for parcel motel at the mo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

Is the ps5 too big for parcel motel at the mo?
    I say it also depends on how they pakage it also

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: No chat folks. And please lay off the attacking retail staff - they’ve as much right to buy consoles as anyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

dcas88 wrote: »
    Tesco rang me about an hour ago and offered me a ps5 if I still wanted it.
    I had originally ordered like a lot of us online a few weeks back but didn’t get a confirmation or cancellation email from them. I get to pick it up on the 11th from 9am

Nice one. Got confirmation and cancellation email off them but still no call. I'm wondering how they are prioritising these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

No way, can you still collect your oversized parcel from the depot?

From Parcel Motel email on 30/10/2020:
    Please be advised therefore, that effective from 4th November until 31 December 2020, when collecting a parcel a peak season surcharge will be applied to the base price, changing the price from €3.95 to €4.50. All other prices will remain the same.

During this time, we can no longer process very large items measuring more than

95 X 48 X 55cm (roughly the size of a wheelie bin) and such items will not be accepted in our receiving centres in Newtownabbey or Dublin.

Checking online, the box dimensions are:
    Height: 17 inches / 43 cm
    Width: 18.5 inches / 47 cm
    Depth: 7 inches / 18 cm
    Weight: 14lb 8 ounces / 6.7 kg

So I think the PS5 will be fine, even with an outer box on top of the above dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

From Parcel Motel email on 30/10/2020:
    Please be advised therefore, that effective from 4th November until 31 December 2020, when collecting a parcel a peak season surcharge will be applied to the base price, changing the price from €3.95 to €4.50. All other prices will remain the same.

During this time, we can no longer process very large items measuring more than

95 X 48 X 55cm (roughly the size of a wheelie bin) and such items will not be accepted in our receiving centres in Newtownabbey or Dublin.

Checking online, the box dimensions are:
    Height: 17 inches / 43 cm
    Width: 18.5 inches / 47 cm
    Depth: 7 inches / 18 cm
    Weight: 14lb 8 ounces / 6.7 kg

So I think the PS5 will be fine, even with an outer box on top of the above dimensions.

Just dont order enough to fill a wheelie bin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Thought you got the console already?

Yeah you are correct I did, from littlewoods. Not at all confident that it won't be cancelled (like the last time) or that it'll make it in time for Santa so I'm going to keep looking. Is that ok with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

It will be. I ordered the Lego Old Trafford set from John Lewis via Parcel Motel a week ago. It was delivered to me as an oversized package (€14.50) and the box is a bit bigger than the PS5 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amyobrien88

Curry's in naas today had 10 ps5, my sister got one today by the skin of here teeth, only digital one, lady in front wanted one for her sister but after a phone call it turned out she only wanted disk version so my sister got it, couldn't believe her luck he said aid game stop had them yesterday aswel, so keep faith ����

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Curry's in naas today had 10 ps5, my sister got one today by the skin of here teeth, only digital one, lady in front was front was one for her sister but after a phone call it enduo she only wanted disk version so my sister got it, couldn't believe her luck.je said game stop had them yesterday iswel, so keep faith ����
    How long ago was that?

Advertisement