Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Oymyakon wrote: »
    Oh my god I’ll be the laughing stock of this forum, honestly didn’t expect to get through so I spent too long deciding at the checkout whether I was ready to splurge and when I hit confirm order I got the message saying stock is gone :o

The supply seems to be catching the demand now. I'd say you'll secure one in the next week. The ps5_ireland twitter says they'll be posting some info at 6pm which might have the date/time of another drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

elfy4eva wrote:
    The supply seems to be catching the demand now. I'd say you'll secure one in the next week. The ps5_ireland twitter says they'll be posting some info at 6pm which might have the date/time of another drop.

Say a good chance of smyths again sat morn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I got a digital order in to gamestop today but I wont count my chickens til it arrives.
    Saw people on twitter saying they were still waiting on september preorders so hopefully those get cleared and we don't end up waiting months.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Say a good chance of smyths again sat morn

What time do they open on the Smyths website, 8am?

I guess its go onto the PS5 page and hit refresh over and over at the right time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Chumpski wrote: »
    What time do they open on the Smyths website, 8am?

I guess its go onto the PS5 page and hit refresh over and over at the right time?
    It was 8am three weeks ago. Closer to 8.30am two weeks ago. The best of luck..... I managed to get four..... yes four...... before Christmas with the aim for buying for my husband for Christmas. I passed the four on to friend for Santa at cost price.

I haven't managed to get one since. Mind you I haven't been setting the Saturday alarm early! :D I need one for the first week in March to make up for the fact I passed so many on before Christmas. For the 48th birthday - wish me luck LOL....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

11 preorders still available in currys Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    11 preorders still available in currys Waterford

Do you have to go In store to pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

When on Smyths, do you pick a store when searching and collect from that store (If I get lucky of course!) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

DIY KING wrote: »
    When on Smyths, do you pick a store when searching and collect from that store (If I get lucky of course!) ?

It's home delivery for Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

Hello guys,

For those who have managed to get PS5 disc version, do all of you guys get loud disc spinning sounds when the game is starting and then the system goes quiet afterwards ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

iamrnjn wrote: »
    Hello guys,

For those who have managed to get PS5 disc version, do all of you guys get loud disc spinning sound when the game is starting and then the system goes quiet afterwards ?

This is expected; it will make the most noise when spinning up but, most importantly, the game will have been saved to the internal hard drive and this disc spin up is simply for authentication. The loudness of it it simply noticeable because the rest of the console is so quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

iamrnjn wrote: »
    Hello guys,

For those who have managed to get PS5 disc version, do all of you guys get loud disc spinning sounds when the game is starting and then the system goes quiet afterwards ?

Yes!
    and at random times during gameplay or something.
    Leave a disc out if you dont need it in.
    Will randomly make it while your playing something else.

And as above its loud and noticeable as everything else is so quiet, its a normal discdrive sound IMO

EDIT: Apologies I thought this was the I successfully ordered on thread

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

Anything dropping this weekend lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Pipmae wrote: »
    It was 8am three weeks ago. Closer to 8.30am two weeks ago. The best of luck..... I managed to get four..... yes four...... before Christmas with the aim for buying for my husband for Christmas. I passed the four on to friend for Santa at cost price.

I haven't managed to get one since. Mind you I haven't been setting the Saturday alarm early! :D I need one for the first week in March to make up for the fact I passed so many on before Christmas. For the 48th birthday - wish me luck LOL....

LOL. Go you!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Anything dropping this weekend lads?

keep an eye on this guy and you will get sorted. ( not in stock just posting link )

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland/status/1361262901328281602?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

This is expected; it will make the most noise when spinning up but, most importantly, the game will have been saved to the internal hard drive and this disc spin up is simply for authentication. The loudness of it it simply noticeable because the rest of the console is so quiet.

Would disagree with this. I sold my PS5 as the spinning noise got to the point I had to turn TV up considerably to mask it, it’s not normal or acceptable in my opinion. I had all previous PlayStations as this was the worst noise of all of them.

There seems to be normal PS5 with the spinning you highlight above but there’s a lot of reported issues of coil whine and spinning sounds that are not acceptable. I bought a Series X while PS5 supply improves as its absolutely silent with a disk in it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

gep91 wrote: »
    keep an eye on this guy and you will get sorted. ( not in stock just posting link )

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland/status/1361262901328281602?s=20

That account is saying Curry's Blanch now for a €559 bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Friend of mine just put his name down for one in Currys Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Still in queue. Any mention of a delivery time frame for yoy lucky ones who got one

Got dispatched today with UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Got dispatched today with UPS.

Anybody else get a shopping notification? I'm still only seeing confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 qeorqe

"Great news! Your purchase has been sent to the courier for shipping."
    I've got shipment notification today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Great news for all who've gotten them. Can you update in the other thread? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

RossieMan wrote: »
    Great news for all who've gotten them. Can you update in the other thread? Thanks.

Exactly and stop rubbing our noses in it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No sign on Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

No sign on Smyths

I wonder does that mean they’ll def be in next Sat so as it says Expected in stock: February 2021? There was a similar message on the site in January and I preordered mine on the last Sat in January

L'prof wrote:
    I wonder does that mean they’ll def be in next Sat so as it says Expected in stock: February 2021? There was a similar message on the site in January and I preordered mine on the last Sat in January

Would say def a drop on next week

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

BWSGibbs wrote: »
    Do you have to go In store to pre order

Go in store and pay full amount. They wont take it over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭sligopaul

Currys Sligo taking names for collection Tues or Wed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

God dam it. I'm an hour away and I usually work on a Saturday. Did they say had they got many?

Advertisement