Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭sligopaul

didn't ask to be honest but no queue ( at 11 am ) and very few around, I took a chanceand called in given all the noise around Currys elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

When is it expected that PS5s will be widely available? As in without having to preorder and keep an eye on stock in shops etc. Only a casual enough gamer so haven't really been following this thread since the beginning but seems really difficult to get your hands on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

Anything on Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

When is it expected that PS5s will be widely available? As in without having to preorder and keep an eye on stock in shops etc. Only a casual enough gamer so haven't really been following this thread since the beginning but seems really difficult to get your hands on one.

I'm the same as you. Been a casual gamer the past 2 or 3 years, couldn't be bothered to spend my entire day concentrating on stock updates sounds a bit sad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm the same as you. Been a casual gamer the past 2 or 3 years, couldn't be bothered to spend my entire day concentrating on stock updates sounds a bit sad tbh.

Then casually go online at 8am next Saturday and there’s a good chance Smyth’s will have them. I was going to hold off for the shops to have stock but just happens to be up at that time a few weeks ago and saw a message in the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I was in the same boat as many here and spent far too long looking for one. It was bordering on an obsession simply because I couldn't get one.

I managed to get one a few weeks ago and no doubt its an unbelievable piece of kit but we won't see the best of it for a while. I have it 3 weeks now and I'd say I've played it for about 15-20 hours in total, if even that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Yet here you are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qeorqe

Currys Carrickmines not taking names any more, the list is full for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I was in the same boat as many here and spent far too long looking for one. It was bordering on an obsession simply because I couldn't get one.

I managed to get one a few weeks ago and no doubt its an unbelievable piece of kit but we won't see the best of it for a while. I have it 3 weeks now and I'd say I've played it for about 15-20 hours in total, if even that much.

Loading times and getting back into them so quickly from rest mode made it worthwhile for me

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Have Argos had any online drops or are they planning ever. There's just been the one on Thursday and that was Gamestop as far as I know this week in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnboy316

Have Argos had any online drops or are they planning ever. There's just been the one on Thursday and that was Gamestop as far as I know this week in Ireland.

The talk is they won't be releasing/selling any with current restrictions.

That may well change in light of extended restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Has anyone had any update from Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Has anyone had any update from Gamestop?

Those ordered on Thurs have begun to dispatch at least for some people. As for stock the PS5_ireland twitter page suggests a smaller gamestop drop sometime over the next week.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Those ordered on Thurs have begun to dispatch at least for some people. As for stock the PS5_ireland twitter page suggests a smaller gamestop drop sometime over the next week.

Mine is still just confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

sligopaul wrote:
    Currys Sligo taking names for collection Tues or Wed

Thanks very much to sligopaul for the heads up. I got my sister to order one for collection on Tuesday. I was number 25 at 2:30 and they said they were getting 50 in

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

keavebm wrote: »
    Thanks very much to sligopaul for the heads up. I got my sister to order one for collection on Tuesday. I was number 25 at 2:30 and they said they were getting 50 in

Likewise, thanks for the tip off !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Any rumours on HN this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Any rumours on HN this week ?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anyone any links regarding updates on amazon.co.Uk

Anyone any links regarding updates on amazon.co.Uk

https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlertUK?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Lots of chatter online re Currys who seem to be the only stores taking orders.
    As already mentioned, https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland appears to have a good handle on what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

DIY KING wrote: »
    Lots of chatter online re Currys who seem to be the only stores taking orders.
    As already mentioned, https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland appears to have a good handle on what's happening.

yes I got an alert for Currys Liffey Valley on saturday - went over about 3 hrs after that came out and they were still taking names - seemed like a big list so will be interesting to see if they do actually call me back.

Still no update from Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Mine is still just confirmed.

I'd say they are dispatching in batches, some reported recieving on Friday and mine arrived today.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I'd say they are dispatching in batches, some reported recieving on Friday and mine arrived today.

Still just says confirmed, I paid 2 minutes after it also went online. They better not F this up. But be typical if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qeorqe

Still just says confirmed, I paid 2 minutes after it also went online. They better not F this up. But be typical if they did.

My arrived today as well.

Not a peep from Gamestop here either. Just confirmed and Account debited but nothing since.

My additional Controller arrived from Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Smashyeggman92

Ordered on GameStop at bang on 4 on Thursday, got an email around 6 today saying it was with the courier and ready to be shipped. I’m guessing I was one of the first in the queue considering how fast I got in so maybe that’s an indication of how long it will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

Dropping tomorrow lads on GameStop

• Advertisement

On the gamestop drop last week was it a bundle or solely the PS5 unit?

Advertisement