Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

Got the call and collecting mine tomorrow in Currys Naas, I asked if they had any console over but they confirmed all stock has been ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

Mac B wrote: »
    Got the call and collecting mine tomorrow in Currys Naas, I asked if they had any console over but they confirmed all stock has been ordered

Do you have to pre-order in curry’s naas or put ur name down in the hope of a call when they restock? Approx how long did u wait?

Dahdum wrote: »
    Do you have to pre-order in curry’s naas or put ur name down in the hope of a call when they restock? Approx how long did u wait?

I dropped into the store last Wednesday, they put my name on a list and confirmed they were expecting a delivery at the end of the week

Dahdum wrote: »

When collecting the PS5 in Currys Naas today they said they will be taking names next week again. They expect more to be delivered in next few weeks.

Guide luck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

BeyhanSen wrote: »
    I went to Currys Swords today and they said they are still trying to deliver pre-orders and they might start taking names the next weekend.
    Currys Jervis said they might have stock on this Monday, they didn't have today.

They have a few in this morning (Jervis) but its only the digital edition. Need the disk version myself so its a bust for me. Not sure if theyll have any left since there was a few people queuing up at the tine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭farmerval

Curry's in Waterford had PS5's this morning. Called there yesterday and they said that they would be taking names from people in person this morning. My son queued from 8.30 a.m. for 10.00 am open. He was third or so in the queue. Got his PS5 digital edition on the spot.

Thanks to all on the thread who have posted so much good information. Have lurked for some time. Best of luck to everyone waiting. The girl in Curry's yesterday, thought they may have more tomorrow and that Smyth's were due some this week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

Curry’s naas told me today they’re not taking any names this week. Will be taking names next week when they know how much stock they expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I’m exhausted from constantly checking Smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Lisha wrote: »
    I’m exhausted from constantly checking Smyths

I'm not sure how many times I managed to put money aside for a PS5, got frustrated and spent it on more practical things and then had to scrape up the money again.

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm not sure how many times I managed to put money aside for a PS5, got frustrated and spent it on more practical things and then had to scrape up the money again.

My son saved the money in fairness to him and now it’s in my bank account waiting ..... I’m paid monthly so it’s a bit scary that the bloody thing will be available the night before payday... it’s a pure dose waiting for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Pipmae

nocoverart wrote: »

I got fed up waiting so splashed the cash on an inflatable hot tub for the husband's birthday instead of a PS5.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Pipmae wrote: »
    I got fed up waiting so splashed the cash on an inflatable hot tub for the husband's birthday instead of a PS5.:D

Haha, that’s definitely the best secondary option yet. I bought a toaster :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

currys swords have stock

PS5 Ireland Stock Alert
    @ps5_ireland
    ·
    2m
    ‼️Currys Swords currently have the PS5 in stock! I can confirm the Digital edition is 100% in stock as well! Available for immediate payment and collection! 🤑

Currys Swords is Here we go!! 🤝

#ps5 #ps5Ireland #ps5Restock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

gep91 wrote: »
    currys swords have stock

PS5 Ireland Stock Alert
    @ps5_ireland
    ·
    2m
    ‼️Currys Swords currently have the PS5 in stock! I can confirm the Digital edition is 100% in stock as well! Available for immediate payment and collection! 🤑

Currys Swords is Here we go!! 🤝

#ps5 #ps5Ireland #ps5Restock

Swords only taking names (from another source) and a big queue there folks (saw personally) so avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dogtanian07

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Swords only taking names (from another source) and a big queue there folks (saw personally) so avoid.

Yes swords never had them in stock this is someone on twitter who picked up pre orders. They have 100s of people on the waiting list they are not taking walk ins

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

This thread is dying down, did anyone but me got their PS5? :D

Anyway, heads up, seems that this week we might get both a Gamestop and Smyths drop.

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland/status/1371433881564495873

I’m checking Smyth’s at a ridiculous rate... I’m working paddy’s day so I hope I remember to check at 8am...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Yes swords never had them in stock this is someone on twitter who picked up pre orders. They have 100s of people on the waiting list they are not taking walk ins

I was passing by Currys in Liffey Valley the other week and went in and asked about PS5 availability and pre orders. Lady told me they can take my name and add me to the list, which was 125+ and I'd get a call, possibly in a month or so.
    I got a call within a week but had already got one from Smyths in the meantime.

TLDR; staff have no idea how many consoles they'll get per week, nor how many people on their list will actually take up their option to buy.

Nothing to lose by putting your name down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

That's not a stock update.

• Advertisement

Was there a smyths drop just now.... couldn’t log in as got messsge saying I was a bot and wouldn’t let me in... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

Lisha wrote: »
    Was there a smyths drop just now.... couldn’t log in as got messsge saying I was a bot and wouldn’t let me in... :(
    Not yet, I'm still refreshing, nothing has changed.

EmmetF wrote: »
    Not yet, I'm still refreshing, nothing has changed.

I’mat work poor reception haven’t a hope unless it magically happens as I’m on break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

Amazon UK just went live with stock, could go quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

EmmetF wrote: »
    Amazon UK just went live with stock, could go quick

Gone already. Tried to add it to the basket and got an error. Refreshed and it was out of stock.

Must have been a smaller seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

I just picked one up on smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Smyths have new bundles up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

indough wrote: »
    I just picked one up on smyths

Yup, alot of bundles too. All disc, no digital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Seem to be gone already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Finally got one on Smyths also.. thank **** because I'd no hope for the Gamestop drop tomorrow after the last few attempts with them.

Advertisement