Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

They were earlier I think but I know one of them never even got the email confirmation so who knows how it's working

Suppose it’s out of our control anyway. Hope we can all get sorted. Cheers for the info man.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

jayo26 wrote: »
    I ordered at 09:35 on the 19th got call this morning at noon.

Cheers. Really hope it working the way most of us think it is. And if so I’m really hoping for the call tonight or hopefully tomorrow.

Glad ye got sorted mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Cheers. Really hope it working the way most of us think it is. And if so I’m really hoping for the call tonight or hopefully tomorrow.

Glad ye got sorted mate.

Cheers mate, i had accepted i wouldn't have one until February at earliest so nice little surprise on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

Did anything come of the ASDA rumours earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

jay1988 wrote: »
    Did anything come of the ASDA rumours earlier?

No not yet, I've been checking every 10 minutes almost all day. I have an account set up and a VPN running. Still says out of stock. Anything changes ill post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ThePatman

The previously mentioned tweet from Asda about stock was deleted

ThePatman wrote: »
    The previously mentioned tweet from Asda about stock was deleted

What did it say? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ThePatman

What did it say? Thanks

Cant attach a link as I'm a new user but someone on twitter posted a screenshot of the tweet and it said "I understand that we are going live with ps5 stock very soon so I would suggest keeping an eye out online for this. This will only be sold online and not available to buy in store. No preorders."

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DelTrot1975

I’m about to buy from CEX ?? Just a desperate dad looking to sort this. Any advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DMOL50

I’m about to buy from CEX ?? Just a desperate dad looking to sort this. Any advise?

Don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DelTrot1975

DMOL50 wrote: »
    Don't

Other than I’m being fleeced what else can I don?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gayformoleman

Any sign of the headset back in stock anywhere?

Game stop seem to have them
    https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%205/Games/74766

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Honestly don’t. You’re just giving more reason for the scalpers to exist and fueling a toxic industry. Your kid needs to understand the situation in relation to the supply and demand, something maybe that even Santa can’t get around. In the long run you’ll have so much more respect for yourself if you just wait it out and have patience, rather than throwing more money away to solve your predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mohidyasin

dont give in you will regret when you eventually see them for retail price v.soon. its all relative

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Other than I’m being fleeced what else can I don?

nearly three weeks left. Cex will still have them upto xmas eve most probably.

Honestly don’t. You’re just giving more reason for the scalpers to exist and fueling a toxic industry. Your kid needs to understand the situation in relation to the supply and demand, something maybe that even Santa can’t get around. In the long run you’ll have so much more respect for yourself if you just wait it out and have patience, rather than throwing more money away to solve your predicament.

Yep 100%, If I cant secure one for Santa Im gonna get the wee lad a few accessories and a well written note from the big guy in the North Pole saying that because of Covid he has to pick it up in the post office after Xmas. I'm not giving scalpers my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

They don’t. You can’t purchase on that link & none in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BillyBaltic

sweetie wrote: »
    nearly three weeks left. Cex will still have them upto xmas eve most probably.

Agree with this. I understand the ‘Santa panic’. I was there. If I was still looking for a Christmas present, I’d keep following the stock drops until 20th or 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

So I don't have a car, so doing laps of the various IRL electronics stores (Curry's, etc) isn't an option for me.

At this stage, what are my best bets online? At the moment, the tabs I have open are:

–Argos
    –Amazon
    –PowerCity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Neil_Cott1

Lads. Just joined group. Demented trying to get a Santa PS5. Reading back posts. Did people actually just walk in to stores and get lucky today??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Neil_Cott1 wrote: »
    Lads. Just joined group. Demented trying to get a Santa PS5. Reading back posts. Did people actually just walk in to stores and get lucky today??
    Yes, seems to have happened in Currys and Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

kmart6 wrote: »
    Yes, seems to have happened in Currys and Smyths.

And Smyth's?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Vicki2314

And Smyth's?

I didn't see the Smyths posts at all

And Smyth's?
    Vicki2314 wrote: »
    I didn't see the Smyth's posts at all

Yeah not on posts here, I'm looking out for one for a friend and chatting to them earlier they had friends who walked into Blanch and managed to get one each without a preorder.

Don't think anyone should take that as reasoning to rush to Smyth's or start queuing in the morning.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Yeah not on posts here, I'm looking out for one for a friend and chatting to them earlier they had friends who walked into Blanch and managed to get one each without a preorder.

Don't think anyone should take that as reasoning to rush to Smyth's or start queuing in the morning.

You know of people who walked into Smyths and collected PS5's today without a preorder, and you didn't think to share that info here?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

Basil3 wrote: »
    You know of people who walked into Smyths and collected PS5's today without a preorder, and you didn't think to share that info here?

In fairness she says it was a friend of a friend and nobody wants to be sending loads of people down on the word of someone they don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Doubt that happened

It was hours after they had been in store so there was no point posting here sending people on a wild goose chase to one particular store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I wouldnt post here either, id say the amount of lurkers that got consoles via here and they end up for sale online far outweighs the legit people following the thread.

Advertisement