Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

jayo26 wrote: »
    I wouldnt post here either, id say the amount of lurkers that got consoles via here and they end up for sale online far outweighs the legit people following the thread.

Agreed, im trying so hard to get one before Christmas and its impossible, feels like am always one step behind. wont pay Ebay prices no way, easier to wait till after new year but will hopefully have one to put under the tree. Hopeing for Harvey Normans on the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

I’m about to buy from CEX ?? Just a desperate dad looking to sort this. Any advise?

Mate, as someone who collected our Santa ps5 today, after having a Tesco cancellation then a littlewoods cancellation, we got it eventually in Argos. I had a backup reservation for another Argos branch that I gave to family facing a similar situation. I found out about Argos on a discord chat thing and people in that from UK had booked Irish stock in Argos thinking they could use those as a backup if their UK orders got lost or whatever. Point being, don’t be surprised if it shows up on Argos.ie, smyths, etc when those types of reservations expires or people cancel after finding them closer to home.

As bad as scalpers are, retailers taking orders they couldn’t possibly fulfill are equally to blame, as many who experienced a cancellation after having money taken / orders approved have taken 2+ orders out to ensure it was in their hands before giving up.

I guarantee you will find some stock landing intermittently this week as Argos, smyths and others go through what I mentioned above. There is also a lot of chatter of Sony’s 2nd wave of stock before the end of the year that I have no doubt they will want to get to retailers ahead of Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Argos removed the ability to check stock on PS5s, so even if items previously reserved and not collected become available again, there is no way to reserve them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

JDxtra wrote: »
    Argos removed the ability to check stock on PS5s, so even if items previously reserved and not collected become available again, there is no way to reserve them.

Big round of applause to the people who reserved miles away from themselves with no means/intention of picking up the console.

Big round of applause to the people who reserved miles away from themselves with no means/intention of picking up the console.

That isn't the problem. The problem is that Argos showed the item as available to reserve for collection on a future date, when it never actually was. Their system is broken, and that's their own doing.

I expect that they'll eventually open it up for reservation again, but I don't know when that will actually happen. I'm guessing it will be in the middle of the night again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

JDxtra wrote: »

They are dead right. It stops people from other country’s booking stock in Irish shops which they don’t intend on collecting, which can still happen if they don’t do that! Someone in UK offered me a reservation code for over 100quid for a store 2 hours drive away from me. He didn’t even know where it was. Ridiculous carry on.

If your bothered enough to try get one you will. check in store, Call them, Visit your local smyths, or if you can’t / won’t... Join a discord chat that can help get them online for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Neil_Cott1

drandyt wrote: »
    Agreed, im trying so hard to get one before Christmas and its impossible, feels like am always one step behind. wont pay Ebay prices no way, easier to wait till after new year but will hopefully have one to put under the tree. Hopeing for Harvey Normans on the 11th

Same boat as you. I sat for 6 hours outside Harvey Norman on launch day constantly refreshing. Managed to get one into my basket and got the whole way to submit payment and the site crashed. Sat up all night on Friday refreshing Argos and I’ve currently got 14 Store web pages that I’m constantly refreshing. Absolutely Demented I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

Neil_Cott1 wrote: »
    Same boat as you. I sat for 6 hours outside Harvey Norman on launch day constantly refreshing. Managed to get one into my basket and got the whole way to submit payment and the site crashed. Sat up all night on Friday refreshing Argos and I’ve currently got 14 Store web pages that I’m constantly refreshing. Absolutely Demented I am.

Cant see any in any smyths for a long time, rang local argos to see if they had any store stock, signed up now on that asda thing, no look with harvey normans either, really hoping for some cancellation i might pick up but just dont have the time to be online all the time

Cant see any in any smyths for a long time, rang local argos to see if they had any store stock, signed up now on that asda thing, no look with harvey normans either, really hoping for some cancellation i might pick up but just dont have the time to be online all the time

Torture it is. Best of luck getting one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

Lads just like to thank everyone for the updates.. especially the lad who gave the tesco shout 2 weeks ago got the blessed phone call this morning was actually shaking taking it! Hats of to Tesco who took customer serve to another level!

I've spent weeks trying.. sleepless nites etc so if I get a code for anywhere I'll be passing it on to a fellow boardsie. I only wanted one and have it now thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

benny79 wrote: »
    Lads just like to thank everyone for the updates.. especially the lad who gave the tesco shout 2 weeks ago got the blessed phone call this morning was actually shaking taking it! Hats of to Tesco who took customer serve to another level!

I've spent weeks trying.. sleepless nites etc so if I get a code for anywhere I'll be passing it on to a fellow boardsie. I only wanted one and have it now thank God.
    It was mostly abuse that guy got when he posted about Tesco until others confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hi - what is the 'Asda thing'? I had a couple of near misses on the 3rd - got to basket in Amazon and then it said out of stock as I grabbed my bank card - same thing with Smyths and missed Harvey Norman - no banner on my pc but my mate got one as he used his phone - to console myself I bought Call of Duty Cold War for the PS4 in case I don't get one before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

It was mostly abuse that guy got when he posted about Tesco until others confirmed.

I don't think he did in fairness. Most people praised him.. as he was one of the first to give info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

MuddyDog wrote: »

Page 18 of this thread has the ASDA info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

benny79 wrote: »
    I don't think he did in fairness. Most people praised him.. as he was one of the first to give info.

What's his/her username? He/she deserves an award from the North Pole.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Anyone have any luck with Asda?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Anyone have any luck with Asda?

Best to search the thread, this was only three pages back.
    ST3NG4H wrote: »

twitter.com/magickcore/status/1335718982029094913?s=21

Neil_Cott1 wrote: »
    twitter.com/magickcore/status/1335718982029094913?s=21

That is beyond funny!! Thanks for sharing!

Danick wrote: »
    That is beyond funny!! Thanks for sharing!

I am stu lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

Has anybody who got a successful pre-order on Smyths on Thursday night spoken to them about when they will take payment or actually have the stock in? It’s a bit of a joke not contacting customers within a few days. I know they had a message saying they will fulfill all pre-orders by December 18th but again that’s a bit vague and a joke

CEX have one unboxed - hopefully someone could get it with vouchers rather than pay over the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

therealdog wrote: »
    Has anybody who got a successful pre-order on Smyths on Thursday night spoken to them about when they will take payment or actually have the stock in? It’s a bit of a joke not contacting customers within a few days. I know they had a message saying they will fulfill all pre-orders by December 18th but again that’s a bit vague and a joke

I picked home delivery and got a mail saying it is out for delivery and will be with me today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Irishder wrote: »
    I picked home delivery and got a mail saying it is out for delivery and will be with me today

I'm home delivery as well for a digital edition.. email came yesterday to say ready for dispatch with dpd tracking number. On dpd site it says order data received from sender.. im guessing it will come tomorrow.. maybe today

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

I'm home delivery aswell and all I've had is a pre order confirmation, don't even think the money has been taken yet, when were the funds withdrawn for you lads that have had a second emai do you mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

I'm home delivery aswell and all I've had is a pre order confirmation, don't even think the money has been taken yet, when were the funds withdrawn for you lads that have had a second emai do you mind me asking

funds were taken from my card around 11 o clock saturday morning. Email came yesterday morning re ready for dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

Thanks bud, hmmm seems like I've got a bit of a wait ahead of me then, that's as long as everything goes to plan and I actually get one

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

Hey guys.... newly signed up to Boards just to post here... so been following all information here for one instore... went to Currys Blanch this morning as I have every morning since last thursday and got told they got 60 in in their last delivery, 25 disc + 35 digital... theyve nothing in their delivery today though... dont bother going there... other Currys havent received delivery as of yet tho such as Swords/Liffey Valley, was told that be updated probably by noon if anybody is around those at those times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I just got my tesco email with the collection details. They said they weren't going to send them out until everyone on the call back list was contacted.

I'm wondering, did everyone get a call that had a tesco order cancelled? If they did, I suspect that there could be surplus stock put on the site soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

sternn wrote: »
    I just got my tesco email with the collection details. They said they weren't going to send them out until everyone on the call back list was contacted.

I'm wondering, did everyone get a call that had a tesco order cancelled? If they did, I suspect that there could be surplus stock put on the site soon.

I haven't had a call. Had the confirmation and the €30 voucher after cancellation.

Advertisement