Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭bdmc16

Did you reserve using a email and text or just email ?

Of course that’s the hope that the reservation will only appear when in store but having booked by email address only I’m just telling people be prepared to call in and be told your item isn’t there even if email says it’s available for collection between today and Wednesday.

first time I’ve ever reserved something and item wasn’t there to be collected on day of collection. The real worry was speaking to staff kept saying only call if you get a text as said that can’t promise you’ll get one if you don’t get a text to confirm collection. Given I didn’t provide a mobile that doesn’t bode well for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Popped into Argos Dundrum this morning, no stock had arrived. Manager showed me the system and the consignment order and said it should definitely still be coming, but not before tomorrow now. Said the system would automatically text reservation holders the minute stock was in, so to hold for that.

So, should be fine, but getting anxious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭thefa

I actually only had the reservation with no mobile so got no collection confirmation but just chanced going in and got it. Screenshot from my booking is at 8:18am on the 18th with confirmation email at 8:24am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭jj880

Reservation was email only. I dont see why they cant also set up an email for when it's ready to collect.

Yeah keep trying. Maybe go in twice on the last day of the reservation if you still havent go it. First thing in the morning and just before they close.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

20 people were queing outside argos in dun laoghaire yesterday only to be told there was no ps5s wdc with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

People queueing despite not getting their text to collect the item, that's all there is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Got a text earlier this morning from Argos saying PS5 was ready for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I went in to castlebar argos with text and email both with codes on them, was told by the manager that it was a "ghost code" and there wasn't any stock coming in, so basically to forget about .

Gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mammy2two

What time did you reserve? I got same in Galway was told it was because my order was after the official orders closed and it was a glitch in the system I got mine about 8:40 am. I’m so upset about it. I didn’t push for the DID expensive bundle because I thought I had this one. The search continues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Bro collected his in Blanchardstown earlier on. He did get a txt to collect his.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

My sister got one too in Blanchardstown from reservation she made on Thursday, got txt this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Hopefully good sign for people in other argos shops waiting on 1.

if you read the last page or 2 of this thread there’s talk online and people like me who don’t have mobile number on their reservations just email bookings . The email says it’s ready for collection from Today so seems that not filling in mobile number which was a voluntary field is causing loads of confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Argos are a mess of a company, how they're still in business I've no clue.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭jj880

This is crazy - I feel for people that think they have a ps5 in the bag for Christmas and then get told this. Not fair on Argos staff either. A reservation system that gives out fake reservations or sends out emails thanking you for a reservation that hasnt been made. If Argos are not going to have the stock on the first morning of the reservation (or they dont make mobile number a requirement) there should be an email to say when you should come to store to collect. Shambles. If they cant even be arsed fixing their Irish website it makes me think they wont be in Ireland long anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If they know there is a bunch of orders after 8am that are ghost orders then email them and tell them. don't wait for them to drive to the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Got a code about 8.15am last Thurs for Argos in Blanch. For a friend, she just picked it up so one happy story at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Pre ordered at Argos on 18 nov at 08.24 . Received text and email confirming reservation. Got a text this morning ps5 ready for collection in Limerick, went in at 11 paid at the kiosk and collected PS5 no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 NewbiePs5

Whoever posted about smyths pre order this morning , thank you, myself and a friend got a preorder. Just a heads up for anyone near town, I went into jervis st yesterday and put my details down on a piece of paper at the counter, I got a call from them this morning saying that they had one available for me, my sister was delighted to go in and collect it for her son

All sorted now . Tried again on lunch and PS5 was there to collect. Relief — bookings was at 8.40 on Thursday . Email only so got no text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Email only for me too, so tried Naas, was told theres a delivery tomorrow and they might be in then and not to come in unless I got a text, I mentioned I was email only and she had no idea what happens there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I got my text for Dundrum about 20 minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Got yo arklow around 10.30 with reservation. Was told it was a first come first served and all were gone, regardless of reservation. Was told to try again tomorrow. Shower of fcks

Collected in Dundrum after getting reservation text, no issues, about 3 or 4 others collecting at the same time. It's so big, and didn't fit in the big bag I brought, was convinced I'd get mugged on the walk home!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Seems that you're only secured one if you get a confirmation text message that it's ready for collection

Collected disc version there from Argos Limerick (Crescent Shopping Centre) an hour ago, no issues. My original reservation was last Thursday at 08:26am.

Apparently some problem meant people were able to get reservations when they should not have. They had approx. 140 reservations but only 80 consoles in stock. I don't know if this means they used some back door or trickery to try get reservations. Customer Service were meant to call people to explain, but I guess that may not have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

My Littlewoods from 9th is in the Fastway Hub. Should have it in a day or 2.

Advertisement