Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

If I remember correctly there was a big warning about the 20 quid cancellation fee on the click to buy page on shopto at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

ST3NG4H wrote: »
    If I remember correctly there was a big warning about the 20 quid cancellation fee on the click to buy page on shopto at the time.

There was.

But having only ordered one, I'm still astonished they cancelled my order and charged me.

If it's about the same address, how do they account for students living in dorms? Or people with house mates? Loads of people are getting their orders cancelled now because ShopTo didn't think this through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

dan786 wrote: »
    Yeah they are cancelling all orders to Parcel Motel, thinking they are all being ordered by same person as address is same for multiple orders.

That's crappy
    They should know what parcel motel is as they're just gonna annoy so many people and probably (should) make people stop shopping with them again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

troyzer wrote: »
    There was.

But having only ordered one, I'm still astonished they cancelled my order and charged me.

If it's about the same address, how do they account for students living in dorms? Or people with house mates? Loads of people are getting their orders cancelled now because ShopTo didn't think this through.

Agreed it should never be one-per-address.

I keep refreshing the thread hoping someone is gonna shout "IT'S IN THIS SHOP. GO!"

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

I'm not passing judgement on you, just pointing it out. It's clearly a dirty wee money maker for them. They knew there'd be cancellations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

FYI all who are still hoping for Tesco phone call,,,,,

Tesco are not finished making calls to customers who got cancellations.

I just got a reply to a message I sent asking them about this and they basically said if I will be contacted about it, it could be anytime in the next 24-48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    FYI all who are still hoping for Tesco phone call,,,,,

Tesco are not finished making calls to customers who got cancellations.

I just got a reply to a message I sent asking them about this and they basically said if I will be contacted about it, it could be anytime in the next 24-48 hours.

This was at 13:25 today.
    Also, in the reply they used the words “ in this round of orders” so to me this may suggest they possibly could have another round of sales.

I could be jumping the gun and reading into it too much but just thought I’d share it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robson7

The latest I've seen is 9:39am, they seem to have finished calling people yesterday though, they're sending confirmation emails out today and I was also told on the phone that wouldn't happen until everyone on the list was called.

My Tesco order from 19 Nov was 9.40am and I got my call on Friday at 2pm to confirm they had a console for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrPoolDead

troyzer wrote: »
    Shopto.net just cancelled my order, accusing me of trying to order multiple consoles. And charged me £20 admin for my troubles.

I can honestly say I didn't try to order multiple consoles. Their website was an absolute train wreck with the volume of traffic and I assume something broke on their end.

Same here and I used address pal. Absolute idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LochyC_

Same here too, lodged a ticket and wrote to them on Facebook their response was “We do not ship outside the UK nor do we allow the use of Parcel Motel for such services”. Complete cop out
    MrPoolDead wrote: »
    Same here and I used address pal. Absolute idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MrPoolDead

LochyC_ wrote: »
    Same here too, lodged a ticket and wrote to them on Facebook their response was “We do not ship outside the UK nor do we allow the use of Parcel Motel for such services”. Complete cop out

Do they state this somewhere that you are not allowed to use a parcel forwarding service?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

According to Discord acc there's ps5s in Currys in Galway. If anyone is close to it be worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LochyC_

MrPoolDead wrote: »
    Do they state this somewhere that you are not allowed to use a parcel forwarding service?

I went back to them with that at about half 2 no response just yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

Little update from what I have for Currys.... went back to the manager in Airside (ive been to Swords, Blanch, Liffey Valley and Carrickmines all today) and now im being told theres none in stock in Swords... I was told at approximately 12pm today by a warehouse guy that PS5s did come in in todays delivery but wont be scanned in until this evening (i said 3pm he said possibly even later). Didnt want to leave it so late incase there was a rush so came out now to be told theres none in the delivery now and to keep checking online. Blanch told me on Saturday online wont be happening because of the way last time was handled to just check daily in store so I dont know what to believe! On a constant wild goose chase daily with how the stores are running this

Currys Carrickmines told me earlier theyve had none since launch day and when I questioned him about the stock at the weekend he stuttered and couldnt answer me so theyre all either lying or all havent got a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Gaffer8 wrote: »
    Little update from what I have for Currys.... went back to the manager in Airside (ive been to Swords, Blanch, Liffey Valley and Carrickmines all today) and now im being told theres none in stock in Swords... I was told at approximately 12pm today by a warehouse guy that PS5s did come in in todays delivery but wont be scanned in until this evening (i said 3pm he said possibly even later). Didnt want to leave it so late incase there was a rush so came out now to be told theres none in the delivery now and to keep checking online. Blanch told me on Saturday online wont be happening because of the way last time was handled to just check daily in store so I dont know what to believe! On a constant wild goose chase daily with how the stores are running this

Currys Carrickmines told me earlier theyve had none since launch day and when I questioned him about the stock at the weekend he stuttered and couldnt answer me so theyre all either lying or all havent got a clue

I'd say the staff are grabbing most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

Saz2020 wrote: »
    According to Discord acc there's ps5s in Currys in Galway. If anyone is close to it be worth checking out

Any update/confirmation of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

therealdog wrote: »

Sold out now apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Anyone hearing any more from Gamestop? Got the email to say I'd have it before the 25th, just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulboy99

therealdog wrote: »

They just ran out. They were out for an hour. Just missed them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

I'd say the staff are grabbing most of them.

More than likely... I dont have a problem with that really we all have Santas to sort out but dont tell people to come back and try again this evening when your getting that message then from the manager that they were never in stock to begin with !! Its these mixed messages that has everyone driven mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Anyone else have their ShopTo order cancelled ? I was lucky enough to secure an order with delivery to ParcelMotel. Then today, I got a super snotty cancellation email:-

"Our system have flagged multiple orders of the new PS5 consoles placed by you (via multiple accounts / on same account), this is despite clear notice on our product page that PS5 consoles are Limited to One per household. As a result of this, your orders are cancelled and a £20 Admin charge per order applied, so the refund for each order made will be less £20. ShopTo are committed to serving customers who are genuine gamers and unfortunately due to activity such as this ‘scalping’ result to them missing out on stock."

They must be performing uniqueness checking based on postcode. I have written back explaining this, but feel that I'm on a hiding to nothing...

I don't like being called a 'scalper'....:mad:

Anyone else get cancelled in this way ?

B

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stucat94

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to thank whoever originally posted the tip about Argos at 1am last week. Picked up my PS5 on Saturday. Really appreciate the help from everyone on here and I hope every gets sorted and has a great christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    Anyone else have their ShopTo order cancelled ? I was lucky enough to secure an order with delivery to ParcelMotel. Then today, I got a super snotty cancellation email:-

"Our system have flagged multiple orders of the new PS5 consoles placed by you (via multiple accounts / on same account), this is despite clear notice on our product page that PS5 consoles are Limited to One per household. As a result of this, your orders are cancelled and a £20 Admin charge per order applied, so the refund for each order made will be less £20. ShopTo are committed to serving customers who are genuine gamers and unfortunately due to activity such as this ‘scalping’ result to them missing out on stock."

They must be performing uniqueness checking based on postcode. I have written back explaining this, but feel that I'm on a hiding to nothing...

I don't like being called a 'scalper'....:mad:

Anyone else get cancelled in this way ?

B

That some accusation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Power City had them but sold out blink of an eye, apparently..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Power City had them but sold out blink of an eye, apparently..

I think they only had digital versions in launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

That some accusation though.

Yes - it's a truly awful mistake for ShopTo to make - calling your own customers 'scalpers' ! I really wonder how many people have had their orders cancelled by them today as a consequence. They must have seen them all going to the same ParcelMotel postcode and thought "ah ha, we've caught them now..." even though they were for different names, different credit cards etc.... It's beyond frustrating !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Smyths have just removed the banner about no stock til the new year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

On the product page it says expect stock: January 2021 for me still.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Still there on smyths.ie for me

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

shinzon wrote: »
    Still there on smyths.ie for me

Shin

Gone for me on all pages.

Advertisement