Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭dan786

If you live near Argos store , worth going in and checking the catalogue number on the kiosk. A friend walked in earlier and tried it and it showed one in stock and he bought it. The women at counter told him they had a guy who reserved 3 but the cancelled two so they had 2 still in stock , one them being bought 10 mins before my friend bought his.

As online reservations are disabled, the cancelled reservations for those who had multiples wont show up online. I see few people on the Xbox thread got one same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

dan786 wrote: »
    If you live near Argos store , worth going in and checking the catalogue number on the kiosk. A friend walked in earlier and tried it and it showed one in stock and he bought it. The women at counter told him they had a guy who reserved 3 but the cancelled two so they had 2 still in stock , one them being bought 10 mins before my friend bought his.

As online reservations are disabled, the cancelled reservations for those who had multiples wont show up online. I see few people on the Xbox thread got one same way.
    What are the stock numbers

audman13 wrote: »
    What are the stock numbers

8349000 for disc
    8349024 for digital

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Had to leave those discord groups. Even after disabling notifications for the spirituality (WTF?) and other bull**** sections, it's just non stop notifications about absolute crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ollie2020

What store was this please

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »

How do you even cancel an Argos reservation? I didn't even know that was possible.

I guess only allowing instore reservations stops people from other regions/countries reserving them, but it's pretty harsh on people who can't easily get to an Argos.

Basil3 wrote: »
    How do you even cancel an Argos reservation? I didn't even know that was possible.

I guess only allowing instore reservations stops people from other regions/countries reserving them, but it's pretty harsh on people who can't easily get to an Argos.

The manager cancelled two. Customers cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Had to leave those discord groups. Even after disabling notifications for the spirituality (WTF?) and other bull**** sections, it's just non stop notifications about absolute crap.

You on the "boards" one?

You just set it up for only @ mentions. There's less channels to deal with as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

You can't, it gets cancelled automatically if you don't collect it within the two days stated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

You on the "boards" one?

You just set it up for only @ mentions. There's less channels to deal with as well.

Don't think so. One was a UK group with an Irish section then another one was full of non stop ****e talk too.

Could anyone send a link to the boards one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

That's a good idea, it's worth doing. It's a long shot that one will happen to be available in your area but if you live in a city with a few Argos outlets it's worth driving around to them because if people don't collect their reservations by tomorrow they'll be automatically cancelled. A lot had collections between Sunday and Monday, so if they don't collect by the end of the date specified they'll get cancelled and put back out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

loughrey wrote: »
    That's a good idea, it's worth doing. It's a long shot that one will happen to be available in your area but if you live in a city with a few Argos outlets it's worth driving around to them because if people don't collect their reservations by tomorrow they'll be automatically cancelled. A lot had collections between Sunday and Monday, so if they don't collect by the end of the date specified they'll get cancelled and put back out
    Surely the staff are watching like hawks here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 samuelo7

loughrey wrote: »
    DO you know what the last day is for them to collect is, thanks

samuelo7 wrote: »
    DO you know what the last day is for them to collect is, thanks

Its all random, different store to store depending on initial dates they were reserved for. 7th, 8th, 9th, 10, 11th. Any left over are likely to be taken by staff for themselves/friends/relatives as soon as they close.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Davrbarrystea

Just back from Argos Mahon Point nothing there. Curry's have handled this very poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

So apparently Airside never got their PS5 deliveries that were on the system (spoke to the warehouse manager)... they were due yesterday, today and still nothing so try again tomorrow. I will try Currys Blanch first thing again in hope and then again around noon in Airside.

Has anybody got an update on Harvey Norman or at least explain to me about their last pre order thing with the online form. I heard about the 14th for them again but is that only people who filled out one of these online forms ??

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

I went to two different argos today (Dublin) very quiet spoke to both staff and one manager.

Staff were not allowed to buy the ps5. They had a list but were blocked from purchasing (hence surprising look when they pick it from the back).

The ps5 are kept in secure area and manager counts stock etc..

They were supposed to get a more on the 12th of December but Sony did not confirm this!?

So, regarding the cancellation of ps5, nothing I guess stopping staff telling a mate to come in at certain time, who knows.

They were very nice and helpfull. Maybe it was the time of day etc... But I found them to be genuine.

It's worth a shot of course.

Best of luck with it though

• Registered Users Posts: 19 staplrsvrd

Gaffer8 wrote: »
    So apparently Airside never got their PS5 deliveries that were on the system (spoke to the warehouse manager)... they were due yesterday, today and still nothing so try again tomorrow. I will try Currys Blanch first thing again in hope and then again around noon in Airside.

Has anybody got an update on Harvey Norman or at least explain to me about their last pre order thing with the online form. I heard about the 14th for them again but is that only people who filled out one of these online forms ??
    Harvey Norman put a banner on top of site on the 3rd that brought you to a form to fill out to secure a PS5. Gave a live count of consoles left, think there were about 400 digital consoles when I clicked the link and about 270 by the time I submitted it. Got an email to say I had secured a console and a further email a few hours later with a link to make payment. Got a confirmation email but haven't heard anything back since, think they said it would be available for pickup or delivery from the 11th. They sold out in minutes but possible there will be consoles that aren't collected so might have some left over in store, don't think they are getting more stock until January though

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

staplrsvrd wrote: »
    Harvey Norman put a banner on top of site on the 3rd that brought you to a form to fill out to secure a PS5. Gave a live count of consoles left, think there were about 400 digital consoles when I clicked the link and about 270 by the time I submitted it. Got an email to say I had secured a console and a further email a few hours later with a link to make payment. Got a confirmation email but haven't heard anything back since, think they said it would be available for pickup or delivery from the 11th. They sold out in minutes but possible there will be consoles that aren't collected so might have some left over in store, don't think they are getting more stock until January though

Wow alright I understand now, heard the system was great and by the sounds of it it was !! May chance my arm popping up to a store on Friday evening to see if any havent been collected or paid for as I assume if they arent paid for, they are then "loose stock" that are up for grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Gaffer8 wrote: »
    Wow alright I understand now, heard the system was great and by the sounds of it it was !! May chance my arm popping up to a store on Friday evening to see if any havent been collected or paid for as I assume if they arent paid for, they are then "loose stock" that are up for grabs
    Nothing will be "released" back into stores stock on Friday, people will be given time to collect their pre orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

kmart6 wrote: »
    Nothing will be "released" back into stores stock on Friday, people will be given time to collect their pre orders.

If for any reason someone didn't follow though within 24 hours once the link was received then they'll be released.

It's just the odds of it making its way through that and into general public is very slim!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Harvey Norman - my mate selected home delivery so it is saying backordered expecting shipping 15/12-29/12 - he's kicking himself for not selecting pickup in store - anyone else get this message when they log in to view their order on HN site?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Danick wrote: »
    Harvey Norman - my mate selected home delivery so it is saying backordered expecting shipping 15/12-29/12 - he's kicking himself for not selecting pickup in store - anyone else get this message when they log in to view their order on HN site?

I chose pick-up in store and I have the same shipping dates as your mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 staplrsvrd

Danick wrote: »
    I chose home delivery and it just says "processing". Don't think you need to panic yet as HN don't even have the consoles yet, the order statuses could change Friday once they have the stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Have Harvey norman order for the PS5, paid already, to be collected in swords, got order number etc. and email once paid. Just when I go into orders in my account nothing there at all. Never bought from Harvey Norman before online so only set up account when looking at this thread about Harvey Normans a few mins before they went live the other day, not for me as already got one, friend wanted one so for them. Just would presume should be under orders in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Chitza

I have selected collection also, and nothing showing in orders - so might be that it’s only showing for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Chitza wrote: »
    I have selected collection also, and nothing showing in orders - so might be that it’s only showing for delivery?

Cool thanks so not just me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

Same as myself nothing in orders

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

If I check my account, it is showing mine. Ordered for delivery. Says backlogged and will be delivered between 11the and 25th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Cool thanks so not just me then.

Nothing showing in my orders page, still charged and no expected date.

Advertisement