Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Yer man is about to buy a Sorny Polystation 5. It has 999 slightly different version of a romhack of Super Mario Bros 2 built in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

bri007 wrote: »
    Got this email from GameStop over the weekend.

Yeah I got the same so I cancelled mine and got sorted elsewhere. Never going to preorder with gs again

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Yer man is about to buy a Sorny Polystation 5. It has 999 slightly different version of a romhack of Super Mario Bros 2 built in.

A bargain then!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

drandyt wrote: »
    Took a chance :confused:

Nice one mate enjoy your PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

bri007 wrote: »
    Got this email from GameStop over the weekend.

I got an email to say I will be getting one before Christmas and I will hear from them by December 13th. I placed my pre order on sep 12th. When did you place yours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I hope that poster is joking about buying that ps5. If you buy one advertised for £100 and inevitably get stiffed you deserve to lose the money tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nice one mate enjoy your PS5
    5 ps1s taped together

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

smyths are sending out texts that they will have the last pre orders available this week

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Got 2 pre orders from smiths last week, one is for me and 1 is for my wife’s friend for her son . She was trying at the same time but didn’t get 1 so we got 2 , will they give me the 2 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

1 per person and you need photo id to collect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

bmwfan wrote: »
    1 per person and you need photo id to collect

But I have 2 different pre order numbers and it doesn’t say anything about 1 per person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Jayisplay wrote: »
    But I have 2 different pre order numbers and it doesn’t say anything about 1 per person

Don't collect them both together. Leave a few hours between them or even better a day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

That's crappy
    They should know what parcel motel is as they're just gonna annoy so many people and probably (should) make people stop shopping with them again :pac:

Yep! ShopTo sure have annoyed them judging by the reviews that are being left today on Trustpilot for them - see here

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

Got a text off Smyths for my pre-order made Thursday night that it will be available for collection by the end of the week and card will be charged soon.

Has anyone who pre-ordered last Thursday actually got their PS5 in store yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    Yep! ShopTo sure have annoyed them judging by the reviews that are being left today on Trustpilot for them - see here

Man ShopTo is going hard in the replies to the negative reviews. Hilarious reading.

Sample reply from ShopTo:
    Yes we are sure your recent rude and abusive tweet shows you are/were a loyal customer Simon

Also, your comment on our Facebook page "Yep my comment deleted as well. ****in **** company!"

That must be why you have reviewed us twice in the last 6 days, for the same order and never reviewed us for your previous orders

Our team will action any refund, as appropriate

Regards

Jayisplay wrote: »

It will be interesting to see how you get on. The person in front of me collecting the Series X at Smyths was taking 3, and he had no problem! The PS5 is a bit scarcer, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

Went into PC World Airside today, same as yesterday none in stock so went to Blanch and told them Swords sent me saying they got a delivery today and was told no Jervis got their delivery today but it was only online pre orders that got them. When I asked will any be in store like the weekend she just laughed and said pre orders are taken online. Currys are literally making a fool of us at this stage or at least making a fool of me... im driven demented with it at this stage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Basil3 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how you get on. The person in front of me collecting the Series X at Smyths was taking 3, and he had no problem! The PS5 is a bit scarcer, though.

Day 1 PS5, person in front of me had no problem getting 2 consoles.

Gaffer8 wrote: »
    Went into PC World Airside today, same as yesterday none in stock so went to Blanch and told them Swords sent me saying they got a delivery today and was told no Jervis got their delivery today but it was only online pre orders that got them. When I asked will any be in store like the weekend she just laughed and said pre orders are taken online. Currys are literally making a fool of us at this stage or at least making a fool of me... im driven demented with it at this stage

Why are they making a fool of people? There's no stock available. If people are so desparate to get one they should have pre ordered back when pre orders started.

Shops can't make them appear from thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Davrbarrystea

Why are they making a fool of people? There's no stock available. If people are so desparate to get one they should have pre ordered back when pre orders started.

They are making a fool of people because different locations are telling people completely different things.

Hindsight is great and all but this is the Stock update thread for people looking for a PS5 not the you should have pre ordered thread.

• Advertisement

Theyre making fools of people because daily you get told different things... told daily they dont know where or when stock is coming in, to check back, told today they knew Jervis were getting some in ?? Every single thing they say is contradictory... question a manager and they say we havent had any in since launch yet when I asked how come they had instore purchases the weekend he goes mute ?? Theyre even caught out lying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Gaffer8 wrote: »

But did Swords send you to Blanchardstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Sarn

I would have thought that all of the Currys preorders would have been fulfilled by now. The fact that they were selling some in store would suggest so. It would also help if they had a message on their website about availability like all of the other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭jj880

dan786 wrote: »
    If you live near Argos store , worth going in and checking the catalogue number on the kiosk. A friend walked in earlier and tried it and it showed one in stock and he bought it. The women at counter told him they had a guy who reserved 3 but the cancelled two so they had 2 still in stock , one them being bought 10 mins before my friend bought his.

As online reservations are disabled, the cancelled reservations for those who had multiples wont show up online. I see few people on the Xbox thread got one same way.

Tried this at 9.30 today as have a friend looking for a digital. Kiosk didnt recognise the catalogue number - looks like they may have removed it for now. Didnt bother trying the disk catalogue number.

But did Swords send you to Blanchardstown?

Yeah Swords said to me they were aware Blanchardstown deliveries were today... Yesterday Swords told me to check between 11am and 2pm today and today get told different information

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭dan786

jj880 wrote: »
    Tried this at 9.30 today as have a friend looking for a digital. Kiosk didnt recognise the catalogue number - looks like they may have removed it for now. Didnt bother trying the disk catalogue number.

Argos didnt have any digital in Ireland at all even. They only got disc version in,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭jj880

dan786 wrote: »
    Argos didnt have any digital in Ireland at all even. They only got disc version in,

I suspected this and asked about it in the old stock thread but got no reply. I had to go to Argos anyway so no big deal.

Do you know if tesco had digital for their release? If so will keep an eye on them for when they finish offering to cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Also tried this in Argos Wexford, but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭dan786

lemonkey wrote: »

Odd. Argos UK and Smyths UK have said no more stock until January.

Advertisement