Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

benny79 wrote: »
    To be honest i be shocked if i do and overjoyed wat a 2 weeks I actually think my hand thinks its hitting the refresh button in my sleep! Never had a Santa this hard before! I have a plan B obviously but this be his last year believing Id say! so I like to pull it out of the bag for those lasten memories.

Lad in work heard about smyths went on line got one straight away! didnt even try anywhere else! talk about jammy!

Yeah ive been hunting them down (unluckily) since before launch and some people i know just strolled onto certain sites randomly and got sorted instantly haha hopefully have one sorted soon so can sleep easy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gaelar29

Hope OK to ask this as mods are been strict at moment, knew argos uk was up to something last night, went to sleep at 1.20, woke up 5.30 and checked, they went live at 3.30am, why do companies go live then?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

gaelar29 wrote: »
    Hope OK to ask this as mods are been strict at moment, knew argos uk was up to something last night, went to sleep at 1.20, woke up 5.30 and checked, they went live at 3.30am, why do companies go live then?

Because 50,000 people descending on their website to look for a PS5 are not buying a kettle. So take the damage to a time when they dont have people looking for a kettle an actual item they make money on.

Hope that clears that up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

gaelar29 wrote: »

My guess is it's the time their system updates stock in anticipation of stores opening at 8am

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Seems the rumours are curry’s will have stock in the morning but any idea how the process will work as the shop will be open afew hours by the times the stock comes up supposedly .

There will already be customers in shop browsing, are they just just going to start parading consoles from behind the back or have a special line. No doubt there will be people badgering staff first thing in the morning waiting

What they did with the Series X is that they had a few behind the counter, and more out the back. You just had to join the normal queue, then ask for one when you got to the counter.

Whether this is what they'll do with the PS5, I don't know.

• Advertisement

Argos have changed the PS5 listing so you can't try to reserve anymore.

My guess is that they still have stock that will become available, their initial supply seemed way too low to me. I was in Argos Tallaght yesterday, and a guy working there said they only got one in, and all of the staff wanted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Enflame66

Argos.ie none of the links work anymore at all even just for the games themselves like spiderman ps5 all just bring you to link does not work thats fairly suspect as they still have stock of the games as far as I know. Also man I am also gonna be going to carrick mines but man explaining why so I can bum a lift or taking the bus in this horrendous weather is gonna be rough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

benny79 wrote: »
    I finding the currys rumour hard to believe.. like that would cause mayhem.. first think maybe but 11am??

Thing is people are so desperate a small rumour will catch fire!

Almost every post I've seen since observing has been right, even when I taught it was false..So when you hear about currys stock just be glad you actually knew about it....

Its alright me saying this as I already have a console but I am trying for friends and just informing them...Currys I think us the last hope , I didnt even think there would be any chances after launch...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 locksdown

Anyone go to carrickmines ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

stesaurus wrote: »
    Carrickmines opens early so would be a good indicator for the rest of the stores. Horrible day to be queueing outside though

It would be great if you could give us an update! My nearest Currys is 45 minutes away and doesn’t open till 10am but I was planning on nipping down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Argos have stopped you reserving the PS5 which is concerning because we know they have them FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Berty wrote: »
    Argos have stopped you reserving the PS5 which is concerning because we know they have them FFS!

But they are reserved already by others, most dates for collection were long after anyone collected them. So still don't get how some collected already, hope I still get the text but I think they just sorted the glitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Wonder if the Argos orders due for collection today will work out!?

Got my text from Argos just there. Ready to collect. Another boardsies IRL is likely peeling out of his driveway as we speak as given to him.

I knew Rathfarnham would be able to be requested today as well but the website is blocking all requests. Watch Argos today, they'll have to turn it back on , it's the premise of their business model, requesting their stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 locksdown

Can i ask had you originally got a reservation number when you tried to reserve or one of those email yokes ?

locksdown wrote: »
    Can i ask had you originally got a reservation number when you tried to reserve or one of those email yokes ?

Got one with a code only because the item was available the following day. The rest were blank with no texts.

Like I said about Rathfarnham, was showing Sunday so that is why I wanted to check today. Blocked.

I got my Argos available text about 7:30am this morning. Have 3 days to collect.

They've stopped that now. Maybe it's because people have been ringing managers and call centres asking questions. You know now the current stock is likely being pulled.

Berty wrote: »
    I got my Argos available text about 7:30am this morning. Have 3 days to collect.

They've stopped that now. Maybe it's because people have been ringing managers and call centres asking questions. You know now the current stock is likely being pulled.

Yeah would have blocked the reservation page as a lot of people were getting fake reservations emails. The customer rep I spoke to said their day is full of people calling about these blank reservation emails with no reservation number, thinking that it meant they secured one.

locksdown wrote: »

I got no text, just an email but it had a number on it so it was enough for me to collect it yesterday, so if you got an email with a reservation number you have one secured

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Maybe you guys should take your conversation to the "I've already secured an ps5 thread" so we can keep this one for updates for those who haven't secured one yet.

• Advertisement

Maybe you guys should take your conversation to the "I've already secured an ps5 thread" so we can keep this one for updates for those who haven't secured one yet.

Most people who preordered with Argos haven't physically collected their PS5 yet and given the amount of glitch email reservations people got, lots of people don't know if they will actually get one or not, so we're just reassuring people based on our experience as people are still asking questions about Argos and their reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Is anyone heading to a Currys this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭benny79

I am ill update

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Davrbarrystea

At curry's now not opening till 9:30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

At curry's now not opening till 9:30
    Are you alone on the Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I don't doubt the Curry's rumour at all, predictions on boards this week have all been spot on but given the the current restrictions and social distancing I doubt they'll only sell them from the store. Too risky from their point of view, they'd be slated for allowing crowds to descend on their stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Davrbarrystea

dodzy wrote: »
    Are you alone on the Q?

No queue at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I don't doubt the Curry's rumour at all, predictions on boards this week have all been spot on but given the the current restrictions and social distancing I doubt they'll only sell them from the store. Too risky from their point of view, they'd be slated for allowing crowds to descend on their stores.
    Did you not see penny's for pyjamas, people standing outside since 4 a.m, that ship sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KingCarcosa

Going to try Mahon, I'll update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Going to try Mahon, I'll update

See you there! Fingers crossed

Advertisement