Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

One on amazon at the moment for 100.00 I presume its a con

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alba2020

You can presume right Katie....

With the sellers name being "tenzin bottorofffwww" on Amazon, I highly doubt you'll ever see an actual PS5 or your 100 quid again.....

You can do a quick google or Twitter check on these obvious scams

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 romoo

Argos website is down for maintenance since 1am. Says it will be back online at 6am. Might be worth keeping an eye on. UK site down too so may actually be just maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 romoo

Screenshot just now

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

romoo wrote: »
    Argos website is down for maintenance since 1am. Says it will be back online at 6am. Might be worth keeping an eye on. UK site down too so may actually be just maintenance.

Seen this.... read a rumour tonight like 7pm they could have a possible early restock tomorrow and then this... wouldnt hold much hope in it but could be worth just loggin in at 6am, see whats happenin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 AddieCroke

Anyone get any luck tonight ? Been awake since 2 with the rumour of Currys getting them in, no joy so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

I managed to get one from Argos last week but now it turns out our house needs a second PS5 so hoping to grab another this week from Argos, so fingers crossed. Though the UK one has said they won't get any more until 2021 so I'm not holding out much hope.

Argos Ireland site back up, but still can't reserve PS5 (or Series X). Can't imagine the website downtime will have anything to do with in-store stock.

Argos UK still down it seems.

Edit: UK back up, and they have a message saying no more stock for 2020 when clicking on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There's one on Amazon now for 550.00 but says used and acceptable, then says it's broken and doesn't work and then says you won't have it till after Christmas.

The world is broken folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

The prices on eBay seem to have lowered. Some reasonable deals imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The prices on eBay seem to have lowered. Some reasonable deals imo

If they're higher than €500 (or even €550 at the worst) then they are never going to be reasonable and certainly aren't deals. I will not pay more than 1c of the RRP for that system. Any higher can absolutely bugger off - the seller does not deserve a cut of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Accounting13

wpisdu wrote: »
    The disc version that I ordered from Amazon with 31st of December delivery date just switched to "Arriving tomorrow"! It tells me that Amazon might get more stock than anticipated, better watch it.

I’m the same, supposed to be delivered 10th December but now the order tracker on Amazon says “on the way, but may be late”! Package looks to have arrived in Dublin alright. How’s yours looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

I’m the same, supposed to be delivered 10th December but now the order tracker on Amazon says “on the way, but may be late”! Package looks to have arrived in Dublin alright. How’s yours looking?

Nice. Mine still says 31st of December but your two posts fill me with confidence.

Especially considering the first people among us to purchase the PS5 on the 3rd were told the earliest they would get it was the 14th of December. And now your 31st is arriving before that! Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Accounting13

lemonkey wrote: »
    Nice. Mine still says 31st of December but your two posts fill me with confidence.

Especially considering the first people among us to purchase the PS5 on the 3rd were told the earliest they would get it was the 14th of December. And now your 31st is arriving before that! Excellent.

Yeah, they must have just put 31st December date to cover themselves, probably didn’t have the stock on hand when we ordered from them on the 3rd. Hoping it comes today, I’ve been reading too many stories online of delivery drivers helping themselves to them haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Anyone with Symths PS5 for Delivery get an update beside your credit card will be charged in next 1-3 days?

Can see the click and collect gang have their PS5 to hand now mostlybut nothing from DPD yet for deliveries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

I got a ready for dispatch email from smyths this morning, it says allow up to 24 hours for tracking to become available, for anyone who has already received their console how long were you waiting after the dispatch email if you don't mind Me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jeffaandbud

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Anyone with Symths PS5 for Delivery get an update beside your credit card will be charged in next 1-3 days?

Can see the click and collect gang have their PS5 to hand now mostlybut nothing from DPD yet for deliveries ?

They sent me that email you refer to on the 8th and took the money that night. Email received yesterday the 9th saying it was ready for dispatch and tracking link included mentioning it could take 24 hours to update-checked the link at 9.30am to see its out for delivery-just a heads up that it could be a very fast process from dispatch to delivery; I had to scramble to make sure someone was there to accept the delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

I havent got anything yet in terms of dispatch email yet unfortunately and checking my online banking no charge on it yet (only up to yesterday). I cant see pending charges hoping tomorrow at the latest.

Wishing i had gone with C+C but was so difficult to get 1 order through i wasn't being picky.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Can anyone elaborate on what’s happening with Currys? I find it utterly bizarre that they haven’t had any for sale on their website or that they’ve not advertised them but yet people are walking into different stores and just asking and being given one straight out of the stock room?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

I called into currys in limerick and no joy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/sony/ps5-console-register.html

You can register your interest with Carphone Warehouse. Nothing on the .ie site yet.

From the above link:
    When is the PS5 coming out?
    We don’t know the exact PS5 release date as yet. However, Sony has advised us that it will be launched in time for Christmas 2020. The PS5 pre-order date is also to be confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

You can register your interest with Carphone Warehouse. Nothing on the .ie site yet.

From the above link:

Hmm dont think that it is working for me. Did you get a confirmation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Hmm dont think that it is working for me. Did you get a confirmation email?

It's for the UK site

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jsman

From the above link:

Yeah I think it's been up for a while because the line before that says they don't even know the release date

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TealPanda

Simply Games has a PS5 console bundle + certain games, but only as a bundle:

https://www.simplygames.com/p/playstation5-console--assassins-creed-valhalla--watch-dogs-legion--fifa-21--cyberpunk-2077--venom-dual-play--charge-cable-ps5

Dispatch by 16 December if successfully ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrPoolDead

dcas88 wrote: »
    Tesco sent me a confirmation text today confirming pickup on the 11th from 9am.Still waiting for them to mess it up somehow

I picked mine up yday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KarolField

GameStop seem to have re-stocked for their pre-orders...got two update emails in the last week, first to say they’ll have a unit to me before Christmas and again last night to pay in full (after the initial €50 deposit).

Completed the order, but no indication in confirmation mail on delivery estimates. Anyone have similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oddshapedballs

KarolField wrote: »
    GameStop seem to have re-stocked for their pre-orders...got two update emails in the last week, first to say they’ll have a unit to me before Christmas and again last night to pay in full (after the initial €50 deposit).

Completed the order, but no indication in confirmation mail on delivery estimates. Anyone have similar experience?

Did you do an online pre-order or did you do it in-store?

I'm having awful trouble with GS because they made a ba**s of my email address when signing up to GSPlus and calling the store has been more than useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

therealdog wrote: »
    Got a text off Smyths for my pre-order made Thursday night that it will be available for collection by the end of the week and card will be charged soon.

Has anyone who pre-ordered last Thursday actually got their PS5 in store yet?

Got the text off Smyths to say it was ready this morning at 10:30am and card was charged. Disc version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Buddha21

A friend is due to get one by the end of this week, he says his mate in powercity is getting it for him. Might be worth a shot.

Advertisement