Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tbbcjohnny

Any update link to the discord?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulboy99

Called into Currys Galway. The staff lad said they're expecting another batch and to keep an eye on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

paulboy99 wrote: »
    Called into Currys Galway. The staff lad said they're expecting another batch and to keep an eye on their website.

Interesting, I was talking to a fella in Currys Sligo yesterday and he said there won't be stock til January.

Strange how it varies from store to store...if it's general stock wouldn't they all be getting some? As for the website, I don't think they've actually had 'live' stock at any point? Surely they'd fulfil preorders before getting stuff onto store shelves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Picked up mine at smyths letterkenny today. Manager said wont be more but they got 50 in lk. Sure went fast for 50

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

paulboy99 wrote: »

Not to say that they aren’t but I think this is what the shops generally tell people.
    They want you watching the web site instead of in the shop asking them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Can people please stick to stock updates only please? There’s a thread if you want to discuss the logistics or details of an order you’ve already secured. I’ve moved a bunch of today’s posts along those lines over there: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119473

And also please read the first post regarding scalpers. This is for consoles being sold at RRP only. Scalpers deserve zero attention or publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

KarolField wrote: »
    GameStop seem to have re-stocked for their pre-orders...got two update emails in the last week, first to say they’ll have a unit to me before Christmas and again last night to pay in full (after the initial €50 deposit).

Completed the order, but no indication in confirmation mail on delivery estimates. Anyone have similar experience?

I didn't get anything, when did you preorder and what time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

It's gone very quiet in here. I'm guessing one of two things has occurred...

1.) everyone has got sorted and managed to get one

2.) folk have died of exhaustion by staying up all night searching for one

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Anyone who's 31st Dec Amazon was arriving yesterday (10th Dec) actually come?

@Accounting13
    @wpisdu

Still says 31st for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Mix of the two I'd say.

1. Literally loads of people on here have got them from HN, Currys (collect), DID, Tesco (19th and re-arranging cancelled orders last week), Amazon, Argos (collect).

2. Some people (non-Santa) I'd imagine got caught up in the social media hype which died away after a few failed attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's gone quiet because there's no new stock arriving anywhere unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

No, I just cant get one anywhere, with time closing in I think it will have to be on ebay if I want it for Christmas. In Tesco today checking and Argos who have new ording system in store got on the waiting list but only number 30 for that store, Harvey Norman have a post on the door so people dont even ask..Just can not get one

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

drandyt wrote:
    No, I just cant get one anywhere, with time closing in I think it will have to be on ebay if I want it for Christmas. In Tesco today checking and Argos who have new ording system in store got on the waiting list but only number 30 for that store, Harvey Norman have a post on the door so people dont even ask..Just can not get one

What's the ordering system please?

rahern wrote: »
    What's the ordering system please?

Was in Yesterday checking (In Drogheda) and etc and in Today and they have new computerized terminals.

So is that us through to Xmas with new stock coming in now? I guess there might be a few leftover PS5's from uncollected orders, or people who couldn't process payments on Smyth's orders etc.

Personally, I'd be shocked if anyone who was trying to get a PS5 from launch hasn't got one at this stage. I got 4 in total (one for my kids, 3 for friends Santa presents etc) from 3 different retailers. If someone didn't manage to get one then they either didn't put in the required effort, or are very very unlucky.

drandyt wrote:
    Was in Yesterday checking (In Drogheda) and etc and in Today and they have new computerized terminals.

How did you get on waiting list

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Basil3 wrote: »
    So is that us through to Xmas with new stock coming in now? I guess there might be a few leftover PS5's from uncollected orders, or people who couldn't process payments on Smyth's orders etc.

Personally, I'd be shocked if anyone who was trying to get a PS5 from launch hasn't got one at this stage. I got 4 in total (one for my kids, 3 for friends Santa presents etc) from 3 different retailers. If someone didn't manage to get one then they either didn't put in the required effort, or are very very unlucky.

The closest I got was watching amazon die on the morning they had them and getting one in my basket on Smyths website that one night recently before it died.

It's not as easy as you make it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 samuelo7

Just secured a ps5, thanks to everyone´s comments. Appreciate you all.

Power City just had them for selection there.

allowed you to select 'more info' which brought you to a customer service page where you needed to enter email and phone number

hopefully, it's a pre-order as i managed to fill out the form

product number: 395102 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

allowed you to select 'more info' which brought you to a customer service page where you needed to enter email and phone number

Showing as an error for me. Page not found.

• Advertisement

rahern wrote: »
    How did you get on waiting list

Instore. they have a list and are taking names. but its for that store only

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Showing as an error for me. Page not found.

Yea gone now.

Hopefully, it was pre-orders and not a glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

Thanks for the heads up, but it appears to be gone already. Searching by the product number returns no results. I rang the Sallynoggin Store, and the guy that answered said they are getting lots of calls, and to just go to the website and fill in the form, and that Sales would get back to people. I have just filled in the generic sales enquiry form, but I suspect that I need to on the one you signed up to, I hope you get one!

radarjump wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, but it appears to be gone already. Searching by the product number returns no results. I rang the Sallynoggin Store, and the guy that answered said they are getting lots of calls, and to just go to the website and fill in the form, and that Sales would get back to people. I have just filled in the generic sales enquiry form, but I suspect that I need to on the one you signed up to, I hope you get one!

The generic form you filled out is identical to the form that the 'more info' link too - except the comments section was prefilled about something to do with the PS5 (I cant recall the exact text) and it was destined for customer service and not sales.

pointing towards a glitch if anything tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

The generic form you filled out is identical to the form that the 'more info' link too - except the comments section was prefilled about something to do with the PS5 (I cant recall the exact text) and it was destined for customer service and not sales.

pointing towards a glitch if anything tbh

Thanks, I have submitted another message to Customer Service, let's see what happens.

drandyt wrote:
    Instore. they have a list and are taking names. but its for that store only

Thanks I was in my local last night asking about ps5 and didn't mention about waiting list this was Argos wasn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Gamestop sent me an email on the 03Dec to say the store I placed my pre order with would be in contact with me by the 13Dec to arrange collection of my PS5.Still haven't heard and it doesn't seem likely I'll hear before the 13th

a friend just called to say POWER CITY called him and they took payment and delivery details over the phone - so they are selling and not a glitch

Now the waiting game starts for that phone call :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The Discord group I joined is dead too. No idea what the story is. I'm barely even making an effort to secure a PS5 but I do wonder if it's becoming easier to secure one or are the sad, pathetic scalpers still out in full force?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/GilroysWorld/status/1337350383283429377?s=20

Still no phone call..ahh well

But Power City getting them is a good sign imo

Advertisement