Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

It's gone very quiet in here. I'm guessing one of two things has occurred...

1.) everyone has got sorted and managed to get one

2.) folk have died of exhaustion by staying up all night searching for one
    I know this thread is not for discussion but please just know -- securing a PS5 over last two weeks has been extremely difficult! I wasn't on the ball with the initial release (as launch titles didn't interest me) but hearing about 1. The amazing backward compatibility upgrades and 2. The fact Cyberpunk runs like a different game even without next gen upgrades, changed my mind!

Can someone link to the discord? This thread is my only way of really checking stock yet might not be the most efficient way of doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

https://twitter.com/GilroysWorld/status/1337350383283429377?s=20

Still no phone call..ahh well

But Power City getting them is a good sign imo

Good sign indeed. Apparently there is another drop next week in Currys, Argos and Amazon. Rumours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

Just got the Phone Call from Power City!! PS5 Digital edition paid for and arriving Monday. This is the end of a very long journey, I have been close s many times and lost out to crashing websites etc. Many thanks to everyone on this group who posted information.
    I hope that Tinder_Surprise gets the call as he posted here first, I would have though you would have got the call before I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Anyone got any DPD updates from their symths order other than initial first notification that order was created.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Any chance of power city going live with the disc version now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Power City have the dual sense controllers.

https://powercity.ie/product/399506

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭dan786

Pipmae wrote: »
    Power City have the dual sense controllers.

https://powercity.ie/product/399506

I think most shops have those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tighere

radarjump wrote: »
    Just got the Phone Call from Power City!! PS5 Digital edition paid for and arriving Monday. This is the end of a very long journey, I have been close s many times and lost out to crashing websites etc. Many thanks to everyone on this group who posted information.
    I hope that Tinder_Surprise gets the call as he posted here first, I would have though you would have got the call before I did.

I did the exact same, at the same time. Praying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,785 ✭✭✭✭klose

It's gone very quiet in here. I'm guessing one of two things has occurred...

1.) everyone has got sorted and managed to get one

2.) folk have died of exhaustion by staying up all night searching for one

Ah I just made peace with the fact I won't get one till next year at some stage, I just could not be arsed with anymore getting into the basket and about to check out and it crashes, happened 3 or 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Swankiest

klose wrote: »
    Ah I just made peace with the fact I won't get one till next year at some stage, I just could not be arsed with anymore getting into the basket and about to check out and it crashes, happened 3 or 4 times.

Same! I'm actually sitting here crying at this stage with despair....

• Advertisement

There will be more stock between now and next week. Sony haven't stopped making them.

Keep an eye on the usual suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ashk

radarjump wrote: »

Was it only the digital version they offered you ?

Did you use the link or did you use the contact u section on their website? Thanks

ashk wrote: »
    Was it only the digital version they offered you ?

Did you use the link or did you use the contact u section on their website? Thanks
    They just said they had a digital version for me - I had expressed that as my preference so didn't ask about the disk version. I just used the generic contact us link at https://powercity.ie/site/contact as the product link had disappeared by the time I saw the first message here.
    I actually used it twice. First time, I selected Sales as the department, but when Tinder_Surprise said that the original link was a pre-filled form being sent to Customer Service I sent a second message to that Team also to be sure. I don't know which one actually worked. Might be still worth filling in, it sounds like they are working through the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does anyone have the link to the Ps5 on powercity.ie? I know it was took down but would be worth checking every now and again I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

DopeTech wrote: »
    Does anyone have the link to the Ps5 on powercity.ie? I know it was took down but would be worth checking every now and again I guess.
    This it? https://powercity.ie/site/presale

https://powercity.ie/groups/search?search=playstation+5&_csrf=jz1BJmwrP6qUBhR5ITTFe-YwFHSYmrKQoyNgjN4iFVLKTThWOlxMz8xHWRJQB4Aa1n15QvPZhsPacy3hv0pfOQ%3D%3D

It was on that page. Graphics of the Digital Edition was there with a black box ''ex-display model'' where the Buy button would be.

When you clicked on it, it directed you to a customer support fill-out form. Which turned out to be a pre-order list like HN.

Maybe worth a refresh if the Disc version drops.

It might also be worth trying https://powercity.ie/product/395102
    That's based on their standard structure for product pages, and inserting the product code that Tinder_Surprise reported earlier. Does not exist at the moment, but might do if they list it fully although I suspect that they will sell out quickly form the contact form submissions. I have been using distill.io to monitor several sites for PS5 updates, you could use something like that, but it will cost €13 for a months sub. Not perfect, and it can trigger Captchas and blocking if the checks are too frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Use the item code in the search bar instead as you'll get a better refresh time when available

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 capwap305

I've been checking all morning and didn't see anything on the power city website. Must have been up and down like a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭chrisd2019

Basil3 wrote: »
    So is that us through to Xmas with new stock coming in now? I guess there might be a few leftover PS5's from uncollected orders, or people who couldn't process payments on Smyth's orders etc.

Personally, I'd be shocked if anyone who was trying to get a PS5 from launch hasn't got one at this stage. I got 4 in total (one for my kids, 3 for friends Santa presents etc) from 3 different retailers. If someone didn't manage to get one then they either didn't put in the required effort, or are very very unlucky.

Thank you for the stock update!

• Advertisement

chrisd2019 wrote: »
    Thank you for the stock update!

It was more stock related than your comment. I was asking if there's anything out there other than unclaimed reservations, and it seems that has been answered with stock coming through at Power City.

I guess there is hope before Xmas, still have one person I know who is seriously late to the party and is hoping to get one before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

HN deliveries going out Monday/Tuesday btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Heard something very interesting in Tesco Limerick. The manager of Coonagh was telling a customer that there are PS5s in Tesco roxborough but they can't sell them(not meant to have them) and they're trying to transfer them to Coonagh. I understand, as my time as a sales rep, that isn't easy to transfer inter branch.

Told the customer to try Roxborough and see can he get one. So for those who wish to attempt a phone call then it's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Just collected my ps5 and demon souls from gamestop . They called me a couple of hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Was I Tesco Liffey valley. 150 PS5's all pre orders and paid for on big pallet out the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 106racehill

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Just collected my ps5 and demon souls from gamestop . They called me a couple of hours ago

What GS was that plse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Minime2.5 wrote: »

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

My brother ordered some from innovate in Ennis . He was selling for 550 payment up front not sure if ye seen it on Facebook

I just couldn't do it I was too suspicious so close to Xmas and wanting all that cash

He got a call today they are currently in Heathrow airport and will be in the shop Monday he said he will have some extra so my brother gave him deposit on one for me for collection

Either it's a really good scam and my brother got caught but seems legit and surely worth a phonecall at least

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Avondale1

I ordered from gamestop on the 17th of september wave 1 que order. I never got any correspondence from them since not even the email that was supposed to have been sent to all customers. I have seen people on here paying in full and collecting them even though they ordered after me. Emailed customer service and they never answered. Went in store and the guys was up the walls in fairness and said to go to customer service.

Does anyone know what I can do at this point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Avondale1 wrote:
    I ordered from gamestop on the 17th of september wave 1 que order. I never got any correspondence from them since not even the email that was supposed to have been sent to all customers. I have seen people on here paying in full and collecting them even though they ordered after me. Emailed customer service and they never answered. Went in store and the guys was up the walls in fairness and said to go to customer service.

I would try and call back to shop where you pre ordered.Could it be they took down your email address wrong or anything.Do you still have receipt from preorder.

Advertisement