Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

Avondale1 wrote: »
    I ordered from gamestop on the 17th of september wave 1 que order. I never got any correspondence from them since not even the email that was supposed to have been sent to all customers. I have seen people on here paying in full and collecting them even though they ordered after me. Emailed customer service and they never answered. Went in store and the guys was up the walls in fairness and said to go to customer service.

Does anyone know what I can do at this point?

There’s another thread there that might be better suited for this https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058119473/405/#post115577497

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

Smyths just dropped xbox for home delivery, maybe some playstation to come soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

jay1988 wrote: »
    Smyths just dropped xbox for home delivery, maybe some playstation to come soon?

Doubt it. It says "in store only "

I imagine they will get some back in bed Xmas, but maybe a matter of going into Smyths directly, maybe ask manager? Similarly to Tesco & Curry's...

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Its actually disgusting how many of these are for sale privately yet so many decent people that actually want one cant get one. I honestly hope these scumbags have no luck for what they are doing. We all would love to make a quick buck but buying something for 400 euro and then expecting someone to give you 1,000 for it is beyond disgusting / greedy and the same dickheads are the first to complain about the government being greedy etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

baalad wrote: »
    Its actually disgusting how many of these are for sale privately yet so many decent people that actually want one cant get one. I honestly hope these scumbags have no luck for what they are doing. We all would love to make a quick buck but buying something for 400 euro and then expecting someone to give you 1,000 for it is beyond disgusting / greedy and the same dickheads are the first to complain about the government being greedy etc

Wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

popsy09 wrote: »
    My brother ordered some from innovate in Ennis . He was selling for 550 payment up front not sure if ye seen it on Facebook

I just couldn't do it I was too suspicious so close to Xmas and wanting all that cash

He got a call today they are currently in Heathrow airport and will be in the shop Monday he said he will have some extra so my brother gave him deposit on one for me for collection

Either it's a really good scam and my brother got caught but seems legit and surely worth a phonecall at least

Its not a scam. They're a tech repairs shop in Ennis who managed to get some consoles and threw extra onto the price.

The sold out their 2 preorder batches before the launch day. Dunno how many they sold in total.

lemonkey wrote: »
    Its not a scam. They're a tech repairs shop in Ennis who managed to get some consoles and threw extra onto the price.

The sold out their 2 preorder batches before the launch day. Dunno how many they sold in total.

I dunno whether they're worse or CEX. At least CEX aren't actively buying up stock that should be going to consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

MuddyDog wrote: »
    HN deliveries going out Monday/Tuesday btw.

Where did you hear this?

Basil3 wrote: »
    I dunno whether they're worse or CEX. At least CEX aren't actively buying up stock that should be going to consumers.

Ya its poor form alright but in hindsight I could have avoided all the problems around trying to get one and just paid the extra 50 quid. Especially since I'm from Ennis ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Berty wrote: »
    Heard something very interesting in Tesco Limerick. The manager of Coonagh was telling a customer that there are PS5s in Tesco roxborough but they can't sell them(not meant to have them) and they're trying to transfer them to Coonagh. I understand, as my time as a sales rep, that isn't easy to transfer inter branch.

Told the customer to try Roxborough and see can he get one. So for those who wish to attempt a phone call then it's up to you.

Did anyone happen to try Roxboro to see if they had any PlayStation's. Tried a phone number that came up from them but says number invalid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Berty wrote: »
    Heard something very interesting in Tesco Limerick. The manager of Coonagh was telling a customer that there are PS5s in Tesco roxborough but they can't sell them(not meant to have them) and they're trying to transfer them to Coonagh. I understand, as my time as a sales rep, that isn't easy to transfer inter branch.

Told the customer to try Roxborough and see can he get one. So for those who wish to attempt a phone call then it's up to you.

Just to update this with the information I got this morning. Spoke to the manager and was told that they have had loads of calls about these and there are none available.

All were taken by click and collect and they actually over sold their allocation, apparently, with refunds given.

To make it harder, you couldn't get through to the store directly and I had to be transferred through Coonagh.

Might be worth trying in store but that's what I got from them this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

amadablam wrote: »
    Just to update this with the information I got this morning. Spoke to the manager and was told that they have had loads of calls about these and there are none available.

All were taken by click and collect and they actually over sold their allocation, apparently, with refunds given.

To make it harder, you couldn't get through to the store directly and I had to be transferred through Coonagh.

Might be worth trying in store but that's what I got from them this morning.

Thanks,it saves me a 2 hour round spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

psychozeb wrote: »
    Thanks,it saves me a 2 hour round spin.

No hassle, you could still try just in case. If I get in there today in person I'll check and post here if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 29 locksdown

Do you think they might have any unaccounted for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buddha21

Ya its poor form alright but in hindsight I could have avoided all the problems around trying to get one and just paid the extra 50 quid. Especially since I'm from Ennis ha.

When I asked these guys weeks ago they were charging 550 for the digital! Messaged me through insta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this?

They called me yesterday and told me.

locksdown wrote: »
    Do you think they might have any unaccounted for ?

Think they took deposits back in October so I've no idea. Message them if you don't mind over paying. They're a legit business, just taking advantage.

Tried calling no answer so have text mobile number on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bigbag1999

I'm going to go check the innovate shop now so I'll let ye know because they arent picking up the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cindyloo20

Anyone know of anymore stock incoming? My sites kept crashing each time I tried, really hoping to get one, if anyone can help it would be great 😫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seems ebay uk is place to get one, if you really really want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mohidyasin

Bigbag1999 wrote: »
    I'm going to go check the innovate shop now so I'll let ye know because they arent picking up the phone

Just came back they said they are OOS

mohidyasin wrote: »
    Just came back they said they are OOS

ok thanks for trying, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrPoolDead

Anyone know if curry’s carrickmines is worth a shot again?

MrPoolDead wrote: »
    Anyone know if curry’s carrickmines is worth a shot again?

I was thinking the same for currys in swords or argos

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mfarr3ll

Is it better to go in store lads, I'm on every poxy website at this stage waiting

Mfarr3ll wrote: »
    Is it better to go in store lads, I'm on every poxy website at this stage waiting

I have and they look at me thinking iv gone mad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Cindyloo20 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same for currys in swords or argos

Just tried Curry’s swords , no go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Hionestly, if you are going into shops randomly and just asking if they have any then all you are really doing is annoying retail workers and wasting their time at the busiest time of the year.

This is an incredibly high demand item that they can't get enough stock of. No combination of going into the right shop, talking to a certain employee, saving the magic words in the right order and giving them the super-secret handshake is going to make stock magically pop into existence "out the back".

They haven't got them. No one has. There might be a restock in some places next week if twitter is to be believed but other than that it is going to be after christmas before you can just walk into a place and buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Hionestly, if you are going into shops randomly and just asking if they have any then all you are really doing is annoying retail workers and wasting their time at the busiest time of the year.

This is an incredibly high demand item that they can't get enough stock of. No combination of going into the right shop, talking to a certain employee, saving the magic words in the right order and giving them the super-secret handshake is going to make stock magically pop into existence "out the back".

They haven't got them. No one has. There might be a restock in some places next week if twitter is to be believed but other than that it is going to be after christmas before you can just walk into a place and buy one.

Are you sure about that? I know one person that went onto a certain electrical shop last week, was told there were none, kicked up bloody murder asked to speak to the manager and had a few stern words with them and walked out of the store with a Digital PS5.

Advertisement