Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Are you sure about that? I know one person that went onto a certain electrical shop last week, was told there were none, kicked up bloody murder asked to speak to the manager and had a few stern words with them and walked out of the store with a Digital PS5.

No you don't. That didn't happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Are you sure about that? I know one person that went onto a certain electrical shop last week, was told there were none, kicked up bloody murder asked to speak to the manager and had a few stern words with them and walked out of the store with a Digital PS5.

Why would they kick up bloody murder and ask to speak to a manager after being told an item was out of stock? How is that something that anyone would ever do?

Had they pre-ordered/ordered through click and collect and it wasn't there for them when it was supposed to be? I could understand if that was what happened and it turned out to be a mistake and their item was actually in the shop.

Just going into a shop and getting stroppy over being told an item you want isn't available sounds like something a nutcase would do and i can't imagine it would end with them selling you said item that has just happened to appear out the back because you got angry at someone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Do not under any circumstances go into a shop and kick up ‘bloody murder’ because they don’t have a PS5. That is so incredibly rude and unfair on staff that it beggars belief anyone would actually do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

So harassing retail staff and treating them like crap is somehow justified because some person somewhere got lucky/made an ass out of themselves in public and got a PS5. Thank Christ I don't work in retail.

Just went into Argos Blanchardstown and if you punch the PS5 code into the kiosk, it says it can be reserved for collection in 2-4 days, and to speak to a member of staff

Code is 8349000

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just went into Argos Blanchardstown

......and they didn't have any.

EDIT: My bad, didn't see completed post.

......and they didn't have any.

Accidentally hit reply, check my edit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I would tend to agree, didnt happen, i'm calling bull****e

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cindyloo20

Just went into Argos Blanchardstown and if you punch the PS5 code into the kiosk, it says it can be reserved for collection in 2-4 days, and to speak to a member of staff

Code is 8349000

I did this also, did you go to staff?

Cindyloo20 wrote: »

No, I don't need one any more. Just thought I'd check while collecting something else. Should have probably asked when collecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

skerry wrote: »
    So harassing retail staff and treating them like crap is somehow justified because some person somewhere got lucky/made an ass out of themselves in public and got a PS5. Thank Christ I don't work in retail.

Where in my post did I condone harassing staff? Where did I say I agreed with it (I don't). It's not a lie, it happened whether you believe it or not. The fact was that the store had some out the back and produced one for a difficult customer.

Ok, you got me good. I made it up just for ****s and giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Nobody is going to believe that story because it is absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Ok, you got me good. I made it up just for ****s and giggles.

I worked in retail for years from sales assistant up to a management position. Treating staff like that will not get you anywhere, it never has and it never will. The story you told didn't happen.

Nobody is going to believe that story because it is absolute nonsense.

Ok, look at my post history. Am I in the habit of making up stories for no apparent reason? Believe me or don't, I don't really care TBH. I know it to be 100% true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cindyloo20

No, I don't need one any more. Just thought I'd check while collecting something else. Should have probably asked when collecting.

Thanks for that, I will try when I am out , thank you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Where in my post did I condone harassing staff?

By posting the story you’re tacitly suggesting it to people as a possible way to get a PS5. I accept that it perhaps wasn’t your intention, but posting it in the context you did reads like ‘well, the shops actually have stock if you annoy them enough’. People are understandably pushing back hard against it as a result.

But enough of this little tangent. Let’s get back to stock updates please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Cindyloo20 wrote: »

I did no luck. Wouldnt let me order

madalig12 wrote: »
    I did no luck. Wouldnt let me order

What did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Is this the most sought after xmas item ever? I remember when the Wii came out there was something similar but you could still get them. Is it potentially clever marketing by Sony drip feeding stock potentially having warehouses full of them? Just wondering.

Unless its a Santa present, which it really shouldn't be, as any child that still believes in Santa should not really be getting a €500 present, I don't understand the panic for one. I will probably get one but I don't really care if its next week or next month. Why would adults be so wound up about getting one in time for xmas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ah yes, shops holding back a few PS5's for the people who come in and kick up a fuss. They do it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Is this the most sought after xmas item ever? I remember when the Wii came out there was something similar but you could still get them. Is it potentially clever marketing by Sony drip feeding stock potentially having warehouses full of them? Just wondering.

Unless its a Santa present, which it really shouldn't be, as any child that still believes in Santa should not really be getting a €500 present, I don't understand the panic for one. I will probably get one but I don't really care if its next week or next month. Why would adults be so wound up about getting one in time for xmas?

First of all, I doubt Sony could be capable of pulling this off without a warehouse guy/retailer leaking the info. However I think you're right that Sony has actually made pent-up demand part of the PR strategy. It's huge free marketing. I would have guessed they would have released more for Christmas by now though

Personally, I really wanted one just because I've booked nearly two weeks off work over Crimbo and Cyberpunk is basically unplayable on old-gen consoles.

Also -- went into Argos Sligo, the 'available to reserve' thing on the kiosk machine is a glitch and talking to the manager they genuinely don't know about new stock deliveries, they only got update for the last reserved batch the night before it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruamar

I happened to be in the Square (Tallaght) on Friday and popped into GameStop. I asked about stock and was told that if you didn't have one ordered or booked that you would not be able to get one until March.

Not exactly the news some were waiting for but thought I'd pass on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Personally, I really wanted one just because I've booked nearly two weeks off work over Crimbo and Cyberpunk is basically unplayable on old-gen consoles.

Yeah, fair enough, I didn't really consider the time off factor and having the spare time to enjoy it. Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Sarn

I imagine that’s more to do with GameStop having taken so many preorders they don’t (conservatively) expect to be able to fulfill new orders until then.

Stock is likely to keep coming in over the next while. Once Christmas is past the scalpers should ease off snatching up stock and it should be easy enough to get one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 steveasdf

What’s the story with the restock Sony promised on Twitter there lately? Seems like there’s been radio silence on it since (unless I’ve missed something).

steveasdf wrote: »
    What’s the story with the restock Sony promised on Twitter there lately? Seems like there’s been radio silence on it since (unless I’ve missed something).

There has already been a second wave of stock for most retailers. There could be another one this week or before Christmas - it will have been two weeks since that second wave shortly - but everything’s just speculation at this stage.

There has already been a second wave of stock for most retailers. There could be another one this week or before Christmas - it will have been two weeks since that second wave shortly - but everything’s just speculation at this stage.

Who else had a restock, other than Smyths? And if I’m remembering right, Smyths had always been saying there would be a restock before Sony ever had the tweet up.

steveasdf wrote: »
    Who else had a restock, other than Smyths? And if I’m remembering right, Smyths had always been saying there would be a restock before Sony ever had the tweet up.

Tesco, HN, Power City

• Advertisement

Tesco, HN, Power City

Jesus... I need to get more clued in lol

Advertisement