Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Neil_Cott1

Tried in Argos Pavillions, Swords but No joy and manager doesn’t think they’ll have new stock this side of Christmas. Lad in HN said they had a preorder 3 days ago. He got 2 himself. All of them say to watch the websites but allocations are happening without any website updates. Infuriating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Where in my post did I condone harassing staff? Where did I say I agreed with it (I don't). It's not a lie, it happened whether you believe it or not. The fact was that the store had some out the back and produced one for a difficult customer.

Hi I'm just wondering if you have any ps5 in stock?
    No sorry we are sold out
    Ok no worries

Ps
    You are now banned for life for harassing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 capwap305

Neil_Cott1 wrote: »
    Tried in Argos Pavillions, Swords but No joy and manager doesn’t think they’ll have new stock this side of Christmas. Lad in HN said they had a preorder 3 days ago. He got 2 himself. All of them say to watch the websites but allocations are happening without any website updates. Infuriating.
    I was in HN on Friday afternoon and staff said they don't expect any orders this side of Christmas. Seems to me they don't really know what's going on with orders, I don't think any of the shops do really.

At this stage it's probably best to just check their websites every day until they give us something official.

capwap305 wrote: »
    I was in HN on Friday afternoon and staff said they don't expect any orders this side of Christmas. Seems to me they don't really know what's going on with orders, I don't think any of the shops do really.

At this stage it's probably best to just check their websites every day until they give us something official.

An update from PlayStation detailing the number of units they will dispatch before Christmas if any would be good. Fear is they only ship out enough to cover existing pre orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just went into Argos Blanchardstown and if you punch the PS5 code into the kiosk, it says it can be reserved for collection in 2-4 days, and to speak to a member of staff

Code is 8349000

Tried that, it's a glitch on the sys. Did you get a reservation code?

• Advertisement

Tried that, it's a glitch on the sys. Did you get a reservation code?

No, I already have mine. Was just checking the code to see what happened.

Did the staff tell you it's a glitch when you asked about reserving one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Probably understandable, they have a handful of consoles but the site will be offline for hours with the traffic surge, even Amazon's PS5 page had problems, what chance has normal retail got

Basil3 wrote: »
    No, I already have mine. Was just checking the code to see what happened.

Did the staff tell you it's a glitch when you asked about reserving one?

Yes I brought manager over to check screen. In two different stores. Said they were expecting them in but didn't get enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cindyloo20

Anyone here of smyths bringing more stock in?

Cindyloo20 wrote: »
    Anyone here of smyths bringing more stock in?

This is the responce I got from Smyth’s today.

• Advertisement

This is the responce I got from Smyth’s today.

Thank you for that

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Just saw this on the GameStop website...was anyone given the opportunity to trade in their old console?

Seen alot on twitter, this might help someone

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Cindyloo20 wrote: »
    Seen alot on twitter, this might help someone

Judging by the format of the dates with the month before the day, it's clearly an American who posted it so I definitely wouldn't trust that. I'd be honestly surprised to see another stock drop this side of Christmas as Smyths have been pretty accurate with their estimates that generally apply to all Irish retailers as Sony drops stock for all retailers around the same time. If they're saying January that's what I'd be aiming for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I was in Dundrum on Saturday & chanced in Argos. The girl there was saying they aren't told when any are coming in to prevent staff buying them all themselves. She was saying the last lot went live on the website at 2am so the only advice she could give was to keep an eye on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Rumored Amazon UK drop didn't happen at either 11 or 12 if anyone was wondering.

Further to digging into the above rumors..

https://twitter.com/gg01599459/status/1338454400197603328

Might be worth a refresh throughout the next hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

lemonkey wrote: »
    Further to digging into the above rumors..

https://twitter.com/gg01599459/status/1338454400197603328

Might be worth a refresh throughout the next hour or two.

I'm gonna be fired if i spend anymore time on my phone trying to get this bastard console.

Currys rumour doing the rounds now. No time and co.uk site.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

I think I’ve had enough. After refreshing Amazon for the last 24 hours there’s still no sign. And all the other sites for weeks now.
    I can’t see anything becoming available this week to be honest.
    I think the Twitter In The Knows are clutching at straws and haven’t a clue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

there might be something going on the PS5 disk edition is no longer listed on Amazons site just the diskless version

Shin

shinzon wrote: »
    there might be something going on the PS5 disk edition is no longer listed on Amazons site just the diskless version

Shin

I just noticed this as well

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

I know it's a lot to pay for one, but there's one available in Galway CeX Website

Saz2020 wrote: »
    I know it's a lot to pay for one, but there's one available in Galway CeX Website

Don’t do it. It’s them all that put us in this place

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Shin

its still there

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Don’t do it. It’s them all that put us in this place

I wouldnt pay for it either. Just thought I'd share anyway

Never mind its back now hopes dashed again

Shin

In the search list it doesn’t say unavailable anymore.
    Only when you click in

Shin

Showing up for me

• Advertisement

Showing up for me

It was gone for about 10-15 minutes and then popped back up

Shin

Advertisement