Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

alanashe wrote: »
    I actually don't think the PS5 would fit in Parcel Motel....The thing is huge!

You just have to choose home delivery with Parcel Motel. I think it's just 6€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

loughrey wrote: »
    You just have to choose home delivery with Parcel Motel. I think it's just 6€

Its 7 Euro for collection from depot or another 7.95 delivered to home so close to 15e in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

dan786 wrote: »
    Its 7 Euro for collection from depot or another 7.95 delivered to home so close to 15e in total.

Yeah, you're actually right. I think Addresspal or Parcel wizard are much cheaper options for items that can't fit in the locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AS0696

loughrey wrote: »
    Yeah, you're actually right. I think Addresspal or Parcel wizard are much cheaper options for items that can't fit in the locker.

Lads I made this account especially to tell ye to not waste yer time with GAME UK if you're not living up the north or know someone who's actual house you can ship it to.

I sat in the virtual queue on the last drop for over an hour. Had to then get a VPN so they would think I was in the UK and I gave them a parcel motel address. Managed to actually submit it and all and got the confirmation email but the order was cancelled a few hours later for "security reasons".

Just said I'd give my experience with them

AS0696 wrote: »
    Lads I made this account especially to tell ye to not waste yer time with GAME UK if you're not living up the north or know someone who's actual house you can ship it to.

I sat in the virtual queue on the last drop for over an hour. Had to then get a VPN so they would think I was in the UK and I gave them a parcel motel address. Managed to actually submit it and all and got the confirmation email but the order was cancelled a few hours later for "security reasons".

Just said I'd give my experience with them

They cancel some orders randomly but they are ok to order from. Many others have got them from them. I have ordered several items from them over the last few years without any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 AS0696

They cancel some orders randomly but they are ok to order from. Many others have got them from them. I have ordered several items from them over the last few years without any issues.

Through parcel motel or direct to your house in the Republic? Maybe they're just clamping down for the consoles at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I'd say their systems, like others, are putting a block on multiple orders for the PS5 and Series X going to the same address as a way of cutting down on scalpers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Do we know if Curry's stock will be online-only, or in store as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Power City and Currys, with their "old skool" and unexpected console distribution methods seemed to be the most effective against scalpers and bots.

One you open up ordering online for customers, bang - in come the bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 locksdown

JDxtra wrote: »
    Power City and Currys, with their "old skool" and unexpected console distribution methods seemed to be the most effective against scalpers and bots.

One you open up ordering online for customers, bang - in come the bots.

Yes but also very effective against us normal mere mortals who need to get a ps5 for Santy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Looks like there was a PS5 drop on Amazon over an hour ago, deliveries between 28-30th December. (screenshots going around on Twitter of those who bagged and didn't bag one)

No push notifications, no emails, nothing. I would say that might have been one of the last Amazon drops before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

This is what Currys told me when I asked on Facebook, which would seem to contradict the rumours of a drop on Thursday, but sure who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

This is what Currys told me when I asked on Facebook, which would seem to contradict the rumours of a drop on Thursday, but sure who knows...

I was told exactly this in the Sligo store yesterday too. Really it appears to be pot luck...then again we'll see if anyone bags one from Currys at all before the new year. Could be b.s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

I'm guessing managers of local stores and customer service would know little about new stock though? Big companies have ''buyers'' and I'm sure only they know when more stock becomes available in terms of getting it in.

Managers and customer service wouldn't know about it until it pops up on the system. So it's not like Argos, HN, Smyths of any of them are lying when they say they're not getting anymore, because that's what they've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 steveasdf

Berty wrote: »
    Looks like there was a PS5 drop on Amazon over an hour ago, deliveries between 28-30th December. (screenshots going around on Twitter of those who bagged and didn't bag one)

No push notifications, no emails, nothing. I would say that might have been one of the last Amazon drops before Christmas.

Really? I’m following a couple Twitter accounts doing updates for stock, as well as in the StockInformer Discord, and there wasn’t anything about that. Wouldn’t be surprised if people were trolling..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Went into Curry's blanch earlier. Spoke to manager. Couldn't look me in the eye when I asked about ps5 or Xbox X drop👀

I'd say check there this weekend in person, depends on store and manager etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

Just got a call from PowerCity. They gave me a canellation so Ps5 Digital edition will be here Friday, I filled out the generic form as I missed the link by seconds or minuites so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

drandyt wrote: »
    Just got a call from PowerCity. They gave me a canellation so Ps5 Digital edition will be here Friday, I filled out the generic form as I missed the link by seconds or minuites so happy days.

Was this an online form or in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

scoby78 wrote: »
    Was this an online form or in store?

Online the other day when they had the flash sale. They just text me a code to pay on website + €19.95 delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Friend just got one in Tesco but they work there so probably the reason why. Said they're releasing any that don't go to staff though.

Beverly Hills, California

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

The problem is, is that last time stock was coming in, Currys were silent on it. Given that the other retailers were getting stock in, it made sense for people to check in Currys. Depending on which Currys store you went into, some people ended up being lucky. It’s why they’re still getting asked as they didn’t appear to be very transparent about stock.

I’d agree though, in the absence of word of a new batch of stock for all retailers, going around and asking is unlikely to amount to much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Playstation direct(usa only I assume) are going live in like 5 mins and they have this queue and they are going to give people random places to everyone in the queue and you need a psn account
    Best way I've seen so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Cex has them - 2 different stores in Dublin but let’s hope nobody has to pay that extortionate amount of money - fingers crossed we get another announcement soon for pre orders

Danick wrote: »
    Cex has them - 2 different stores in Dublin but let’s hope nobody has to pay that extortionate amount of money - fingers crossed we get another announcement soon for pre orders

Will be sold by end of day as people are desperate for them. There was a guy looking to sell one online yesterday for close to 1k that he bought from Cex and his reason for sale was to make a bit of money. So he paid close to 900 to sell for around 1k.

Some have store credit with them so are buying them to resell and turn that into cash also.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Looks like Tesco are making calls again to people who’s orders got cancelled a few weeks back. They must have got more stock.
    Just got a call to collect one if I am still interested today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Danick wrote: »

Sold now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Looks like Tesco are making calls again to people who’s orders got cancelled a few weeks back. They must have got more stock.
    Just got a call to collect one if I am still interested today.

Were you interested?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Has anyone traded in a PS4 for PS5 in GameStop?

If so how does it work? If I bring in my PS4 and pay the difference for a PS5 will I get a receipt then collect when it's available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Were you interested?

Sorry for the late reply , yes I was interested. Was not expecting the call as I emailed them the other day about the calls and they said I was not due to get a call.

Maybe some people did not take them and they just continued to call more people.

Advertisement