Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Sorry for the late reply , yes I was interested. Was not expecting the call as I emailed them the other day about the calls and they said I was not due to get a call.

Maybe some people did not take them and they just continued to call more people.

What time was your original confirmation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

What time was your original confirmation email?

09:43 was the order confirmation time.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

I was 9.44........this is getting too close for my liking! Hopefully I will get a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Oooooh 9:44 also. Fingers crossed it would be a nice last minute surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭shawki

RonaVirus wrote: »
    Has anyone traded in a PS4 for PS5 in GameStop?

If so how does it work? If I bring in my PS4 and pay the difference for a PS5 will I get a receipt then collect when it's available?

Would also like an answer to this.

My plan is to upgrade to level 3 and trade in my PRO and a few games with the extra Trade Credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

RonaVirus wrote: »
    Has anyone traded in a PS4 for PS5 in GameStop?

If so how does it work? If I bring in my PS4 and pay the difference for a PS5 will I get a receipt then collect when it's available?

Are they actually taking trades for the PS5, thought pre orders were closed until they got through there stock allocations for those that already pre ordered.

:confused::confused::confused:

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

shinzon wrote: »
    Are they actually taking trades for the PS5, thought pre orders were closed until they got through there stock allocations for those that already pre ordered.

:confused::confused::confused:

Shin

I'm sure they are taking trades off for when the console's are in stock at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

Feck I was 9.43 as well let's gooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

9:41 here, and no call. Have a feeling their not going by order time. Possibly based off proximity to stores that have them in hand. I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

I would hazard a guess this is the case.

You can't preorder anymore in GameStop but if you have one ordered you can trade your PS4 and games in against it, you can not walk in tomorrow and order one by trading your console in as there are none available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 LochyC_

Feck I was 9.43 as well let's gooo

9:43 too, it’s the hope that kills us.

Got a direct number for Tesco Ardkeen who I had had the order cancelled from. They said anyone that ordered collected i.e. none left over and then just said they weren’t expecting any additional stock that any stock they get in would be entirely random.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Lads a long shot, this spanish site would have some units tomorrow at some point to order

https://www.pccomponentes.com/videoconsolas-ps5

I bought in the past from them when I lived in Spain and I reckon they ship to Ireland.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Someone selling a digital PS5 on adverts for RRP.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DubToDeise

LochyC_ wrote: »
    9:43 too, it’s the hope that kills us.

Got a direct number for Tesco Ardkeen who I had had the order cancelled from. They said anyone that ordered collected i.e. none left over and then just said they weren’t expecting any additional stock that any stock they get in would be entirely random.

I heard last week that Tesco Ardkeen had got some in. When I went in and asked, they said they got 6 and staff took them all. I was told the same thing happened in PC World in Butlerstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

DubToDeise wrote: »
    I heard last week that Tesco Ardkeen had got some in. When I went in and asked, they said they got 6 and staff took them all. I was told the same thing happened in PC World in Butlerstown.

For having to answer the same question about PS5 stock, 20 times a day for the past month they deserve 1 each :pac:

DubToDeise wrote: »

Bit sickening but perks of the job to be fair...

m8051 wrote: »
    Lads a long shot, this spanish site would have some units tomorrow at some point to order

I bought in the past from them when I lived in Spain and I reckon they ship to Ireland.

Hope it helps

Tried these yesterday and they said they couldn’t ship to Ireland unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone know if Harvey Norman are selling any uncollected stock? Their shipments arrived this week for pre-orders - was hoping their might be an odd one here and there unclaimed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,489 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Have deleted the off-topic posts. This isn’t the place for a debate about scalping, and we’ve made clear to not direct people towards places where scalpers are selling consoles for well above RRP - even if you’re just complaining about it, you’re giving them oxygen.

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone know if Harvey Norman are selling any uncollected stock? Their shipments arrived this week for pre-orders - was hoping their might be an odd one here and there unclaimed.

Chances of uncollected orders this close to Christmas would be fair slim. Even less chance of re-selling without the staff getting priority.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

LochyC_ wrote: »
    Bit sickening but perks of the job to be fair...

Wouldn't believe it to be honest.

No tesco stores got free stock for general sale, they were all sent from headoffice to fulfill orders from the website so unless the staff had booked them via website. Unless something has changed since i got mine thats how i was told it was working by customer care when i was on the phone arranging mine.

Out of all the companies i think tesco have come out of this best.

Pre-Christmas Xbox Series X just dropped on all EU Amazon sites. PS5 to follow? Rumours 19th-21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

lemonkey wrote: »
    Pre-Christmas Xbox Series X just dropped on all EU Amazon sites. PS5 to follow? Rumours 19th-21st.

Seems to be unavailable (series X)

I can Sony trying to get as many to the market as possible before Xmas day. Amazon makes sense with the quick delivery and tracking system. Etc..

Seems to be unavailable (series X)

I can Sony trying to get as many to the market as possible before Xmas day. Amazon makes sense with the quick delivery and tracking system. Etc..

They all dropped at the exact same time, I was looking at them myself.

Cosie90 on twitch has a stock checking bot, that's how I found out. They sold out in 2 minutes though.

https://www.twitch.tv/cosie90

https://twitter.com/PS5StockUK/status/1339892815027945473

Zatu Games (UK) were rumoured to be dropping this week. Their tweet confirms it. Pre-orders going live today or tomorrow.

Not sure if they post to Ireland or if Parcel Motel works. Just the heads up.

EDIT: They post directly to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Zatu Games (UK) were rumoured to be dropping this week. Their tweet confirms it. Pre-orders going live today or tomorrow.

Never heard of them - have you used them before? Are they reliable? Thanks

Danick wrote: »
    Never heard of them - have you used them before? Are they reliable? Thanks

Nope but I checked them out. They're a big board game company in the UK. 4.7/5 on Trust Piolet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Two replies to that tweet, one guy saying he spoke to the comapny and they may not release stock until after Christmas and another saying it's a publicity stunt.

Wouldn't put too much hope in this one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,489 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Folks can you please read the first post about only posting about consoles being sold for RRP?

That includes no posts about CEX. They’re taking advantage of people with their outrageous price, so please don’t give them the attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 steveasdf

They’ve just tweeted that they won’t have stock until the third week of January.

Advertisement