Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

steveasdf wrote: »
    They’ve just tweeted that they won’t have stock until the third week of January.

They said they sold out and turned the comments off I bet they didn't even have any

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Jsman11 wrote: »
    They said they sold out and turned the comments off I bet they didn't even have any

Looks like it yea. I had email notification set up and didn't receive anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

Just back from blanch. Was over there for something else altogether and I was wondering wether or not to do smyths, Harvey’s and curry’s. I decided to just do curry’s and it came up trumps. Got a cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just back from blanch. Was over there for something else altogether and I was wondering wether or not to do smyths, Harvey’s and curry’s. I decided to just do curry’s and it came up trumps. Got a cancellation

The guy who's been calling in there daily is going to be pissed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Would like to see the receipt for that, seems odd they wouldn't just keep it for staff.

Hum.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Sarn

Would like to see the receipt for that, seems odd they wouldn't just keep it for staff.

Hum.....

Not to mention I don’t recall them doing preorders in the last few weeks for one to be cancelled at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 locksdown

if this is true it just really shows the BS that currys have dishing out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Getting something in Argos, put the code in and it said order for collection 4-6 days, speak to staff member. Checked diskless and it just said out of stock, thought I had lucked out. Not to be, cashier burst my bubble :(

Getting something in Argos, put the code in and it said order for collection 4-6 days, speak to staff member. Checked diskless and it just said out of stock, thought I had lucked out. Not to be, cashier burst my bubble :(

It's been like they for at least a week, shows you can order in few days but not to be. Best best now is ebay or cex. Doubt any bricks and mortor shops will have any before next Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

It's been like they for at least a week, shows you can order in few days but not to be. Best best now is ebay or cex. Doubt any bricks and mortor shops will have any before next Thursday.

Shop assistants must be getting scourged over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Seems like innovate in Ennis is after coming good my brother ordered me one last week and got a collection time for Monday

I know a lot cancelled ordered thinking it wasn't going to work out and who knows it might not work out yet 😂 definitely worth a call Monday see if any extra stock

with it being so close to Xmas it might be the only chance

I'll update Monday if it works out

Ps direct getting another drop in five mins. USA only. Last night Amazon usa dropped the same time maybe Amazon uk might drop this time. Only guessing tho

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Neil_Cott1

Ps direct getting another drop in five mins. USA only. Last night Amazon usa dropped the same time maybe Amazon uk might drop this time. Only guessing tho

Any idea why this isn’t this happening in the Europe Store? Or could it?

Prices for the digital

Neil_Cott1 wrote: »
    Any idea why this isn’t this happening in the Europe Store? Or could it?

Looks like they are allocating there stock based on where they make the most revenue because Walmart and playstation direct have got the most then bestbuy Amazon and Gamestop America

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Prices for the digital

That's not Amazon. That's 3rd party. Same as promoting scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fbfionabyrne

Anyone have ideas about Amazon uk and eu after Xbox drop today? Hope maybe? Not for Santa but soon after?

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1218/1185367-parcel-motel-brexit/

Parcel motel suspending virtual address ón 28th of December. Just to bear in mind if ordering from UK after that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Neil_Cott1

Every time I search for PS5 on Currys, the attached appears at the top of the results. So close to buying one for my 10 year old son for Christmas.

Neil_Cott1 wrote: »
    Every time I search for PS5 on Currys, the attached appears at the top of the results. So close to buying one for my 10 year old son for Christmas.

They won't be online. Getting one now near impossible. You might get lucky in store but still slim hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Wandered in GameStop last night with young fella.
    Fella behind the counter asked if we needed help to ask. Very nice in there. Young fella was looking at the merchandise. Anyways, I told him not to worry I won’t be asking him if he’s got any PS5’s. He said his head is melted from ppl asking and getting ratty when they had be told there was no stock. Spare a thought for the retail workers especially when an impending lockdown looms....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Wandered in GameStop last night with young fella.
    Fella behind the counter asked if we needed help to ask. Very nice in there. Young fella was looking at the merchandise. Anyways, I told him not to worry I won’t be asking him if he’s got any PS5’s. He said his head is melted from ppl asking and getting ratty when they had be told there was no stock. Spare a thought for the retail workers especially when an impending lockdown looms....

Are you thinking Lockdown will increase demand or do you think it will slow down production and distribution?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Danick wrote:
    Are you thinking Lockdown will increase demand or do you think it will slow down production and distribution?

Both. It'll be march/April before the demand for these slows down any bit. Preorders still not fulfilled in most stores so you haven't a hope of walking in and having one readily available in any major Irish retailer. Only going to get worse when Brexit hits as none of the retailer's seem to have any other distribution channels set up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

RossieMan wrote: »
    Both. It'll be march/April before the demand for these slows down any bit. Preorders still not fulfilled in most stores so you haven't a hope of walking in and having one readily available in any major Irish retailer. Only going to get worse when Brexit hits as none of the retailer's seem to have any other distribution channels set up yet.

You are right - sounds like they will be thin on the ground for the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭recyclops

I can't see it being that bad. Once Christmas passes lots of those eager to get one will go away and these will be less of a push on online drops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

recyclops wrote: »
    I can't see it being that bad. Once Christmas passes lots of those eager to get one will go away and these will be less of a push on online drops etc.

I'd say this will be the case. Once Santa stops buying up all the stock and supply increases they'll start to appear on shelves. Going by PS4 sales figures during its life they should be able to manufacture them pretty quickly and demand will take a nosedive after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Mrs.Milltown was picking up coffee pods in Power City during the week and asked about PS5s just for pig iron. She was told that Sony don't want them selling them in store, so they'll only be listing stock online. No hints about when or if, only to keep an eye on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fbfionabyrne

milltown wrote: »
    Mrs.Milltown was picking up coffee pods in Power City during the week and asked about PS5s just for pig iron. She was told that Sony don't want them selling them in store, so they'll only be listing stock online. No hints about when or if, only to keep an eye on the website.

They had them online last Friday for about 2 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Please delete if not allowed. Ps5 digital raffle for the children's hospital.

I'm in no way connected to the lad holding the raffle.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058141339/1/#post115615569

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

My Amazon PS5 is due the 31st but Amazon (customer service) just told me they still haven't received stock or any word of future stock. Might be even harder to get them in January.

I'm lucky it wasn't for Santa, though.

Advertisement