Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I was on the Tesco website earlier and it let me add the ps5 to my basket. I got the screen for picking a timeslot but then next screen just hung

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Davrbarrystea

max life wrote: »
    I was on the Tesco website earlier and it let me add the ps5 to my basket. I got the screen for picking a timeslot but then next screen just hung

Says this product is currently not available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Says this product is currently not available now.

Yeah the same for me. They were available when I added it to the basket and got to select a delivery slot screen. It then hung and when it got to the next screen, it said my basket was empty. Hopefully they will be available soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My wife gave me a one for all voucher and a token to exchange for a ps5 eventually. Hopefully we're not waiting much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Not a whisper of stock anywhere. Defo looking like January into February for more availability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭recyclops

with today technically being a bank holiday I am not surprised, sure enough the shops may be open but realistically since christmas warehouses and logistics are probably yet to get going fully.

even ordering any electronics online the lead time seems quite high and again probably due to the above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

recyclops wrote: »
    with today technically being a bank holiday I am not surprised, sure enough the shops may be open but realistically since christmas warehouses and logistics are probably yet to get going fully.

even ordering any electronics online the lead time seems quite high and again probably due to the above

Do you think stock might show up tomorrow morning online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Danick wrote:
    Do you think stock might show up tomorrow morning online?

No chance. They haven't magically made hundreds of stock available over the few days if Christmas.

March/April until stock becomes somewhat available.

RossieMan wrote: »
    No chance. They haven't magically made hundreds of stock available over the few days if Christmas.

March/April until stock becomes somewhat available.

Or it could be January, nobody has a clue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I just called in to GS to ask about trade in values for PS4 Pro. While I was there I asked about the latest on PS5, and she said early March is that date they’ve been given.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    I just called in to GS to ask about trade in values for PS4 Pro. While I was there I asked about the latest on PS5, and she said early March is that date they’ve been given.

GameStop in the crescent told my wife end of January when she asked about 2 weeks ago. As I said, nobody has a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

They've just gone live on amazon us. Hopefully it'll be the same for the UK soon. And from what I've read they can be delivered now from there again as the brexit deal was reached on Xmas eve

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,489 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

scoby78 wrote: »
    They've just gone live on amazon us. Hopefully it'll be the same for the UK soon. And from what I've read they can be delivered now from there again as the brexit deal was reached on Xmas eve

They can be delivered, but will be likely to face customs duties / import fees. Just something to keep in mind for anyone ordering from the UK from here on out - you’re looking at a couple of quid extra compared to buying in Ireland. And the likes of Parcel Motel won’t work for UK delivery anymore alas.

From scanning twitter they didn't last long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

whiterebel wrote: »

I wouldn't really bother with what GameStop have to say to be honest.
    Who really knows how many pre-orders they took on?
    Likely that staff would hear something like "we've got so many pre orders to fulfil we won't have any available for months".

Best bets now are going to be places like Argos, Smyths, Harvey Norman, Currys etc where you know that they haven't got loads of pre-orders still to fulfil and any stock they do get in will be going on sale online or in store right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

This account I follow on Twitter has said that there's an app that is the first to notify of stock in Ireland. Hasn't given the name of the app unfortunately.
    Said there'll be stock soon

It's handle is @DuelSensor

Any of you follow his?

This account I follow on Twitter has said that there's an app that is the first to notify of stock in Ireland. Hasn't given the name of the app unfortunately.

Any of you follow his?

Some people replied under the original tweet with photos of what they think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

It looks like an app version of this

https://ps5.stockback.live/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Any of you follow his?

I'd been following this Twitter account for weeks until I got sick of their constant aimless nonsense and repetition of crappy rumours.

They'd even just started sending out 'funny' pictures of PS3's with a 5 sellotaped over the 3 etc.

Came to the conclusion that they're just some sad individual that's getting off on all the attention and was delighted to be gifted a desperate and captive audience through PS5 stock shortages.

It looks like an app version of this

https://ps5.stockback.live/ie

I'd never seen this site so thanks for putting me on to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

All of those Twitter accounts are spoofers.
    They’re people who enjoy attention on the internet.

They make vague claims like stock “next week” and if it comes off then they look like they’re in the know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

All of those Twitter accounts are spoofers.
    They’re people who enjoy attention on the internet.

They make vague claims like stock “next week” and if it comes off then they look like they’re in the know.

Sounds like 95 percent of people on the Internet so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sounds like 95 percent of people on the Internet so :p

It was particularly bad with the people making vague remarks about possible stock of PS5's in the run up to Christmas because people were so desperate to get their hands on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It was particularly bad with the people making vague remarks about possible stock of PS5's in the run up to Christmas because people were so desperate to get their hands on them.

People were just taking pleasure on others misery its how the internet rolls.

I was lucky to get one but like to be honest with the limited games at moment i wouldn't say its an entirely new experience i dont believe anyones missed out apart from having a shiny new toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Ordered on Amazon UK on the 3rd (from a tip from the previous thread). Expected date 31st of December but nothing till now apart from a cancellation email a few minutes ago. After missing out on at the basket/cart phase of Tesco, Harvey Norman x2 , DID, Argos.. very disappointed is an understatement.

Back on the impossible hunt...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

lemonkey wrote: »
    Ordered on Amazon UK on the 3rd (from a tip from the previous thread). Expected date 31st of December but nothing till now apart from a cancellation email a few minutes ago. After missing out on at the basket/cart phase of Tesco, Harvey Norman x2 , DID, Argos.. very disappointed is an understatement.

Back on the impossible hunt...

Oh my god...
    Your case is possibly the worst I've seen :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

laneooo wrote: »
    Oh my god...
    Your case is possibly the worst I've seen :eek:

Ha ya it's a balls. Some lads on here ordered the 3rd too with a 31st delivery date but got theirs on the 14th & 16th!

I didn't need it for Santa though, so I'm lucky in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I've given up at this stage. Going to buy a geforce now sub for six months and look again around June/July.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

puzl wrote: »
    I've given up at this stage. Going to buy a geforce now sub for six months and look again around June/July.

Just get a PS4 barely any difference than the PS5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I picked up a PS4 pro recently after swapping my Xbox One X with a friend, first playstation I've had since the PS2. Desperately trying to find a PS5 now so I can play all the PS4 exclusives I missed out on without having to listen to the fan on the console going mental. It's completely ridiculous, beyond what is acceptable. I have a Series X too that's starting to gather dust already.

Advertisement