Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

It looks like that stock checking app your man was talking about on Twitter already exists.

If you search PS5 Stock alerts in the App Store it will come up. It’s €2.30 to buy and it sends you push notifications when the stock becomes available.

So it says in the description anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It looks like that stock checking app your man was talking about on Twitter already exists.

If you search PS5 Stock alerts in the App Store it will come up. It’s €2.30 to buy and it sends you push notifications when the stock becomes available.

So it says in the description anyway

The website linked above has been down for the last 2 days, I wouldn't have faith in the app if its based off the same system.

The website linked above has been down for the last 2 days, I wouldn't have faith in the app if its based off the same system.

I have the app here and it seems fine.
    Maybe he took the website down.

The website without the push notifications isn’t much use I think. By the time you realise the stock is available using the website it will be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

GameStop seem to be doing an offer where you can trade in your PS4 pro and get a digital edition for €159

Anyone heard about stock levels there?

Not an essential service so I’m assuming I’d have to wait until restrictions are lifted.

Wasn’t planning on upgrading but starting to have issues with the pro deleting games randomly.

A quick google of the code seems to suggest the hard drive might have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just get a PS4 barely any difference than the PS5.

That's not true though. PS5 is much more powerful and much faster with it's SSD.

It's also about 7 times bigger!!

• Advertisement

GameStop seem to be doing an offer where you can trade in your PS4 pro and get a digital edition for €159

Anyone heard about stock levels there?

Not an essential service so I’m assuming I’d have to wait until restrictions are lifted.

Wasn’t planning on upgrading but starting to have issues with the pro deleting games randomly.

A quick google of the code seems to suggest the hard drive might have issues.

They are just as rare as the disc edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I picked up a PS4 pro recently after swapping my Xbox One X with a friend, first playstation I've had since the PS2. Desperately trying to find a PS5 now so I can play all the PS4 exclusives I missed out on without having to listen to the fan on the console going mental. It's completely ridiculous, beyond what is acceptable. I have a Series X too that's starting to gather dust already.

I must be one of the lucky ones because my Pro doesn't make that much noise. The fans might ramp up every so often but it doesn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I must be one of the lucky ones because my Pro doesn't make that much noise. The fans might ramp up every so often but it doesn't last long.

I'm the same, but I'd say it's had fewer than 200 hours total play time since I got it. I was primarily an xbox gamer the last 2 generations because that's where my friends play, but less frequent sessions with them combined with completely underwhelming xbox exclusives the last decade have me ready to dive back into PS as my primary platform.

If I can get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It seems strange there has been no major stock drops since a few weeks before Christmas. Must be nearly a month since any of the Irish retailers have gotten any.

What are Sony playing at? They are surely flat out manufacturing them so where are they all going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

I was thinking this too, surely Sony have forecasts that they can give to distributors and therefore retailers.
    It seems strange there has been no major stock drops since a few weeks before Christmas. Must be nearly a month since any of the Irish retailers have gotten any.

What are Sony playing at? They are surely flat out manufacturing them so where are they all going to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's not true though. PS5 is much more powerful and much faster with it's SSD.

It's also about 7 times bigger!!

You're loading a game 5 seconds quicker. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's a fair bit quicker than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Someone's jealous.

It seems like you're trying to convince yourself here.

It's like saying there was no difference between the ps3 and then the 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭jj880

Just get a PS4 barely any difference than the PS5.

Why you in this thread then?

jj880 wrote: »
    Why you in this thread then?

Because I want a PS5. I like to upgrade to the latest technology, I'm just not that convinced that it's anywhere close to the step up from PS3 to PS4 judging by youtube reviews and my friend's feedback... I just suggested above that the guy gets himself a PS4 to do him until he gets his hands on a PS5.

Someone's jealous.

I'm really not. I haven't turned my PS4 on since November. I haven't been gaming much in the past 2 years. Which is why I'm not desparate for a PS5 immediately, I will of course get one when I possibly can and use it, but I'm happy to wait for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bobmo123

Oh, I thought there was some activity because some PS5's are in stock somewhere but no, normal boards ****e not about the point of the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Keith186

Bobmo123 wrote: »
    Oh, I thought there was some activity because some PS5's are in stock somewhere but no, normal boards ****e not about the point of the thread!

Saw on Twitter a while back that tomorrow is the next drop date, no idea if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/12/17/business/tech/furious-bid-snap-playstation-5s-scalpers-turn-bots/
    It's three weeks old but still an interesting read,
    Key suppliers, including MediaTek Inc., have said chip availability will be constrained through the first half of 2021.
    Of particular concern for Sony, production yields for the PS5’s main, custom-designed processor remain inconsistent and have hurt its ability to meet demand, said the people, asking not to be named because the details are private.

I too am one waiting for a PS5 having, like others, come 'so close' to getting one, with HN, Smiths and DID site all crashing when trying to checkout, and both amazon and Tesco emptying my cart at checkout.

• Advertisement

Not sure if it means anything but Innovate in Ennis have posted on Instagram that they have an update on delivery for all pre order customers.

Not sure if anyone posting here had an order with them but if they are getting stock then surely the bigger shops will have more stock soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

Not sure if it means anything but Innovate in Ennis have posted on Instagram that they have an update on delivery for all pre order customers.

Not sure if anyone posting here had an order with them but if they are getting stock then surely the bigger shops will have more stock soon too.
    Heard tomorrow is the day

No doubt it will be because apparently all non essential click and collect is to be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

So I've also heard the 7th is a day tht stock will be updated but the source didn't confirm from where. Anyone got some idea as to why it is the 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There has been about 7 PS5s on Amazon(s) since 26/12/2020

Mostly DE :(

I would be shocked if that shop gets them and believe RocketRacoon above is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I heard it will be when the moon doth hang lowest in the sky in the clearest night before thou has seen the light of the dawning of the vernal equinox. It came to me in a vision when I alighted upon a tweet whilst emptying my bowels.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Bought the PS5Stock+ app an hour ago and just got an alert for Argos but nothing there after checking the second I got the alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    Bought the PS5Stock+ app an hour ago and just got an alert for Argos but nothing there after checking the second I got the alert.

Update: they’ve tweeted that it was a false alarm

Who did you hear that from?

• Advertisement
Advertisement