Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    Bought the PS5Stock+ app an hour ago and just got an alert for Argos but nothing there after checking the second I got the alert.

My phone has never, ever crashed since I got it, but did so for the first time the second the 'installed' notification popped up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had read earlier in the week that the 7th would be the day (for the UK anyway):

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/ps5-stock-tracker-claims-huge-third-shipment-is-set-to-arrive-soon

Either there's some truth to it or its all just coming from the same bullshít source.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Because I want a PS5. I like to upgrade to the latest technology, I'm just not that convinced that it's anywhere close to the step up from PS3 to PS4 judging by youtube reviews and my friend's feedback... I just suggested above that the guy gets himself a PS4 to do him until he gets his hands on a PS5.

The transition to PS4 was by far the least impressive jump for me. It was a recession machine that was unpowered from day 1.

I’m absolutely chuffed with my PS5 and all the QOL improvements. And that controller!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

The transition to PS4 was by far the least impressive jump for me. It was a recession machine that was unpowered from day 1.

I’m absolutely chuffed with my PS5 and all the QOL improvements. And that controller!

**** all games for it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

I had read earlier in the week that the 7th would be the day (for the UK anyway):

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/ps5-stock-tracker-claims-huge-third-shipment-is-set-to-arrive-soon

Either there's some truth to it or its all just coming from the same bullshít source.

All the 7th rumours came from the one guy who has now backtracked to say delays until 14th so unfortunately 7th was picked out of the air and was rehash on twister and some rags in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

bdmc5 wrote: »
    All the 7th rumours came from the one guy who has now backtracked to say delays until 14th so unfortunately 7th was picked out of the air and was rehash on twister and some rags in the UK.

Fair enough, saves me hanging around various websites constantly refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The thing that scratches my head is that most of the reputable outlets that will be getting the stock in seem to be saying that the stock will be put aside for pre orders already received, so isn't it a bit redundant trying to find out when exactly restocks will be happening in January?

I've been resigned to mid 2021 at the very least personally tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

The thing that scratches my head is that most of the reputable outlets that will be getting the stock in seem to be saying that the stock will be put aside for pre orders already received, so isn't it a bit redundant trying to find out when exactly restocks will be happening in January?

I've been resigned to mid 2021 at the very least personally tbh.

Dont be !! Many retailers have fulfilled their pre orders and will be going off new stock like Smyths, Amazon, Argos, Harvey Norman, Power City, DID Electrical

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Gaffer8 wrote: »
    Dont be !! Many retailers have fulfilled their pre orders and will be going off new stock like Smyths, Amazon, Argos, Harvey Norman, Power City, DID Electrical

Funny you mention Smyth's because I was laughed out of the place recently when asked could I put my name on a list. :D gamestop bit kinder in their rejection.

Funny you mention Smyth's because I was laughed out of the place recently when asked could I put my name on a list. :D gamestop bit kinder in their rejection.

Jokes on whoever laughed at you now because any stock now wont be staff prioritised with lockdown and they will have to try like the rest of us online :D !! Smyths have actually changed their site layout every so slightly removing the grey add to cart button... that happened last time near the last drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Does anybody know what would happen if you did manage to purchase a PS5 with the new restrictions around click and collect and the likes of Argos and Smyths not having delivery options

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Does anybody know what would happen if you did manage to purchase a PS5 with the new restrictions around click and collect and the likes of Argos and Smyths not having delivery options
    Collect in store is available for essential electronics. Maybe you are a games developer and need it for testing?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

Smiths had xboxes available for home delivery yesterday so will be same for ps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Jokes on whoever laughed at you now because any stock now wont be staff prioritised with lockdown and they will have to try like the rest of us online :D !! Smyths have actually changed their site layout every so slightly removing the grey add to cart button... that happened last time near the last drop

I'd imagine that's probably got more to do with trying to switch the whole system temporarily to nothing but home delivery. You can't seem to be able to get anything gaming related on the site at the moment as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Smyths just posted on Instagram saying click and collect won't be available from Friday, so home delivery only if they get stock. I'd recommend setting up an online account with them and having your address added. I think you need to buy something in order to add a card and have it ready but you can buy something on pre-order and then cancel it. Your card and address will all then be ready to go should they come available on Smyths website and you will have less steps to navigate should the site become unstable.

*Sorry I know not an actual stock update but hopefully it is helpful for those still on the hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I heard it will be when the moon doth hang lowest in the sky in the clearest night before thou has seen the light of the dawning of the vernal equinox. It came to me in a vision when I alighted upon a tweet whilst emptying my bowels.

Look, there in the night sky! Night-wolf is eating the moon-virgin. PS5s will surely follow this omen.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Anyone hear any rumours since? Heard the 12th a few times this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

lemonkey wrote: »

There's no point in putting any heed in the rumours. Nobody spreading them has a clue, eventually they'll end up being right just because they are giving out every date.

It's all stemming from twitter and people trying to get followers and have people use their affiliated links.

There's no point in putting any heed in the rumours. Nobody spreading them has a clue, eventually they'll end up being right just because they are giving out every date.

It's all stemming from twitter and people trying to get followers and have people use their affiliated links.

Yup, that Dual Sensor guy seems like some Irish lad who is trying to act like he has an inside word, but really is in the dark as much as the rest of us. I hate when they say stuff like they're going to 'talk to a source about a potential restock'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

lemonkey wrote: »

I seen 14th - 21st. Your man then goes on about uk stock coming on sea freight and USA stock by air freight. That's why Gamestop USA and bestbuy had big drops yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

The PS2-themed black PS5 goes on sale today – 8pm BST today

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/the-ps2-themed-black-ps5-goes-on-sale-today-heres-exactly-when

Only 304 available and you wouldn't get it for a few months if you managed to get an order in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ladymolly

leanin2019 wrote: »
    The PS2-themed black PS5 goes on sale today – 8pm BST today

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/the-ps2-themed-black-ps5-goes-on-sale-today-heres-exactly-when

Only 304 available and you wouldn't get it for a few months if you managed to get an order in.
    It's more expensive too just to look like the PS3. I'd rather they kept going out with the Ps5!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ladymolly wrote: »
    It's more expensive too just to look like the PS3. I'd rather they kept going out with the Ps5!

It's not Sony selling that. It's a separate company who have repainted/modded the look of the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

I know no one knows dates etc., But any idea when we can at least start to see some regular supplies or are we gonna be fighting all year to get one? Feck all in Waterford atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

...whatever happened with that small phone shop down in Ennis, Co. Clare - did they ever secure all the PS5 stock they took pre-orders for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

JDxtra wrote: »
    ...whatever happened with that small phone shop down in Ennis, Co. Clare - did they ever secure all the PS5 stock they took pre-orders for?

They had an Instagram post during the week.

JDxtra wrote: »

Actually received a phonecall off them today saying they will be getting their orders fulfilled by end of next week if I wanted to accept mine I have until Monday to confirm with them... on the fence whether to or not I dont know how legit they are

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Actually received a phonecall off them today saying they will be getting their orders fulfilled by end of next week if I wanted to accept mine I have until Monday to confirm with them... on the fence whether to or not I dont know how legit they are

I'll gladly pay you the RRP for it if you wanna pass on the offer. From Ennis myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Home delivery option is now on the ps5 site don't remember seeing it there last week so might be a sign that the rumours over next week are true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,489 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A periodic reminder: if there are PS5s released next week, the rumours are only ‘true’ because there was so much anonymous nonsense and horse**** thrown out that someone, somewhere was inevitably going to throw out a date that turned out to be accidentally accurate.

Advertisement